Double dipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vixmg

Reaction score
Ok, daft question and probably one I should already know (and maybe I do but dont realise it) but what is double dipping?

Thanks

Vicky
:|

Double dipping is when you put your spatula in the wax, apply the wax to the body and then put the same spatula in the wax again instead of using a new one. xxx

HI,
It's when you're waxing and you dip the same spatula into the wax more than once.
In the interests of hygiene, the spatula could have picked up bacteria from the skin (or blood from bloodspots, although technically you wouldn't be waxing over those bits again, but it could happen) and when redipped, would infect the whole tub.
In a salon situation, double dipping is OK practice for legs and underarms, but not for bikini area and DEFINATELY not for intimate waxing for obvious reasons. :eek:
Hope this helps you.

God, you're quick, Kim !!! :grr:
Hope I told it to Vicky just like you told it to me.

you might be refering to double dipping when spray tanning ! this is where you have a session on a sunbed then a spray tan or a spray tan get dried of then have a second spray. :)

I thought double-dipping was when you dip your chip/crisp/vegetable into the 'dip', take a bite out of it, then dip it in again
:lol:

sorry, couldn't help myself and know it's o/t lol

hi there,
double dipping is whrn you dip your spatula more than twice in any product, this is not allowed because it could cause cross contamination

in NSW we are not alowed to double dip our wax spatulas for any area of the body or face.some salons are still doing it,which makes me sick.just think about it YUK:eek:

If you think that's yucky I wonder what you make of reusing hot wax. When I was a gel (and it were all trees around here) used hot wax used to be reheated and the hairs seived out!

Yep, thats how I was trained 17 years ago.put all the used hot wax in a pot,reheat and strain and then back in the wax pot again.

You mean you use a new spatula every time you stick some wax on a leg ? For the same person? Blimey you must go through a load :|

You mean you use a new spatula every time you stick some wax on a leg ? For the same person? Blimey you must go through a load :|

Yeah, but consider the cost of a few spatulas and client safety against the cost of the treatment you are performing. Pennies really for spatulas. I break mine in half for smaller areas of the body and in half again for eyebrows.

xx

Yeah, but consider the cost of a few spatulas and client safety against the cost of the treatment you are performing. Pennies really for spatulas. I break mine in half for smaller areas of the body and in half again for eyebrows.

xx

I wonder how many folks suffered infection in years gone by from strained wax!? I'm not against practising good hygene but did many people get sick from this?

I doubt it very much, Geeg! I think we've all turned into big girl's blouses!

I doubt it very much, Geeg! I think we've all turned into big girl's blouses!

It is like the over kill with separate abrasives for every client!! The max I use a file is for 3 cleints and I clean it inbetween and I'm filing plastic not people for goodness sake!!

I can remember regularly going for leg waxing and the therapist using recycled and strained wax and I never thought a thing about it as a client. To me it was strained and clean, where was the big problem??

One of my daughters washes all the kids toys in he dishwasher if they have been on the floor ... I just think how rediculous ... guess out of all 5 of my children which one has the kids who are always sick??? Yep ... the one who is so ultra obsessed with CLEAN.

I'm not saying with the wax there is a problem, but I do think we have (well not me) become TOO OBSESSED with all this killing 99% of germs etc. Who ever did that on a baby's high chair years ago ... even 5 years ago??

I wonder how many folks suffered infection in years gone by from strained wax!? I'm not against practising good hygene but did many people get sick from this?

Only if they strained it through their teeth!:green:

probably none as far as we're aware, but good hygiene practice never hurt anyone :)

I seem to recall that a bit of dirt is no bad thing for children; they develop a kind of immunity to it if they're exposed to it. We used to get filthy dirty as children, and my sister used to eat worms, slugs and other garden fauna!

I seem to recall that a bit of dirt is no bad thing for children; they develop a kind of immunity to it if they're exposed to it. We used to get filthy dirty as children, and my sister used to eat worms, slugs and other garden fauna!

Amazing any of us survived from what they tell us today.

you might be refering to double dipping when spray tanning ! this is where you have a session on a sunbed then a spray tan or a spray tan get dried of then have a second spray. :)

..this treatment is called a "spraytan cocktail" :hug:

Latest posts

Back