Ear piercing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Hi
I passed my ear piercing course yesterday and have a couple of questions for you.:)

How much do you charge?

Do you have a lower age limit?

We were advised yesterday that we could pierce anyone older than 4 months! Now without wishing to start a debate of piercing babies, I just know that I could never do it. In fact I don't think I would be happy to pierce anyone under about 6 years old.

As I will be mobile I will be insisting that under 16 year olds have a parent present during the treatment too.

I would love to know how you deal with this.

I only pierce small childrens ears once they have completed all immunisations.
Always have a parent there and make sure that they sign the consent form.
hth

Hi,

You should check this with your insurance companies. Many will only cover you to carry out this treatment on children over a certain age. You need to be aware of what your insurers stipulate as you could invalidate your policy.

When I used to offer ear piercing I refused anyone under 12, I just didn't feel it was right.

But I agree with the previous poster check your insurance.

hi just wondering who you have to notify for piercing got told you had to pay your local authoraty for a licence or something

hi just wondering who you have to notify for piercing got told you had to pay your local authoraty for a licence or something
Yes that's right. You do have to contact your LA and they will send you a bill.

do you know the name of who i have to go to
i am confused
as always

Sorry...talking in lingo. I'm an ex civil servant it happens :lol:
Ring your Local Authority about this ie the local council
x

thanks just didnt know if it was worth my wile doing it. it says they check your premisis but i am going mobile????

thanks just didnt know if it was worth my wile doing it. it says they check your premisis but i am going mobile????

You still have to be registered with them.

thanks for all your help

I spoke to my local council about licensing this week and when she sent me all the details it says that the licence will cost me £95!!:eek:

Frankly I'm shocked at the amount. I too will be mobile so there are no premises to inspect.

When I got permission from my local authority there was no mention of having to pay them for ear percings? I'm going to check though but you would have thought they would have said something?? Is the £95 a set amount or does it vary from council to council then? Is that a one of or annually? :eek: They never mentioned checking out my home salon either?

When I got permission from my local authority there was no mention of having to pay them for ear percings? I'm going to check though but you would have thought they would have said something?? Is the £95 a set amount or does it vary from council to council then? Is that a one of or annually? :eek: They never mentioned checking out my home salon either?

If it is annually then there is absolutely no way I could make my money back!:irked:

I think I will have to give them another call and get more details.

Let me know whats said also? Maybe it does vary though from place to place but will still be double checking. was thinking the same though as £95 a year is a bit steep. But can't see it being a one off payment. :eek:

Hmm, that's funny, when I contacted to my council,they said that they would not be able to issue me with a license because a) I am a mobile and they do not have a license to mobile people and b) officially there are no permisses to check. But the man very kindly advised me and said that I could do my piercing, but I still would have to apply with all the health and safety regurlations. So I am piercing and charging, minimum limit with 6 months.

Councils / local authorities eh? :rolleyes:

They definately do not sing from the same song-sheet at all.
In fact some of them seem to have never been in possesion of a song-sheet or have a clue what one is.

With anything concerning licensing, health & safety etc. you need to contact your own local authority.

Unfortunately you cant assume that whats allowed/dis-allowed in one borough/city will be exactly the same in another.

Hi,
I'm probably a bit on the 'cheap' side but I charge £6 for one ear and £9 for 2 ears !!!!!!
But I only get about 1 client per month, so it's not a bit money spinner for me...........

Hi,

My conditions are a bit different as i'm in spain. I charge 6 euros for one ear and 10 euros for both. I pierce anywhere on the ear, including the top, it says on the caflon website that this is perfectly safe. I will pierce anyone, including babies no age limit. It's totally different here, when you have a little girl, they come round in the hospital offering ear piercing the day after you give birth! I have a health and safety certificate against the salon to say i am permitted to provide this service and don't pay anything else. I do ask for a signature from parent or guardian for anyone under 16, i ask they come to the salon themselves so i can double check.

HTH x x

Latest posts

Back