EBAY .. nail art stuff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linni

Reaction score
hi all, just wondering do any nail professionals buy nail art stuff from ebay???? if so what are the products like to use??
i have found a great seller thats sells everything you ever hope to have... i really want to buy lots of stuff but thought i would get your opinion first..
thanks very much for any feed back xx:green::green::green::green:

hi all, just wondering do any nail professionals buy nail art stuff from ebay???? if so what are the products like to use??
i have found a great seller thats sells everything you ever hope to have... i really want to buy lots of stuff but thought i would get your opinion first..
thanks very much for any feed back xx:green::green::green::green:

Hi, I am hooked on ebay :) Ive found GREAT stuff, and other techs alwayz want to know where I buy my stuff, Ive found great deals there! Ive never had any problems so I say go for it!:green:

Hi!

I've bought a couple of items to muck around with, but never use the stuff I buy on ebay on clients...they are cheap and are not always the best quality! You often get what you pay for!!

If you're looking for glitters, various shapes of acrylic stones, feathers or crushed shells for encasing, dried flowers, etc etc that sort of thing...
you can't go wrong.

I know a couple of stores that I do business with and I'm never left unsatisfied.
I never order gel or that sort of thing.
But for art stuff that can be found anywhere like craftstores and the like, go for it. No harm there.

Just watch the shipping charges. Sometimes they inflate shipping to cover costs... so beware of super cheap prices.

hth's:hug:

Can you guys post the name of the buyers you buy from? Thanks!

I personally like Anna/Papi of "Rhinestones and Crafts"
Very reliable.
Also, everything in small portions, so you can stock a wide selection without going broke.

hth's

I bought some 2 way striper pens and when I used them, the bristles fell out and the polish wouldn't come out of the nibs. so I wouldn't buy them again, I will get my rhinestones from ebay cause I paid £2.00 including p&p for 1200, the only down side is that they are from hong kong so it takes about 10 days for delivery.

I bought some 2 way striper pens and when I used them, the bristles fell out and the polish wouldn't come out of the nibs. so I wouldn't buy them again, I will get my rhinestones from ebay cause I paid £2.00 including p&p for 1200, the only down side is that they are from hong kong so it takes about 10 days for delivery.

Striper brushes are not meant to be used with polish only acrylic water based paint. Your polish remover or acetone cleaner probably melted the glue in the brushes and caused the bristles to fall out.

i get quite a lot of my nail art bits from e-bay, things like gems and glitter etc..... but i get all my other products from CND or OPI. I would never get tips or liquid and powder from ebay. xxx

thanks everyone... xxx:green:

I get Rhinestones from ebay off a seller called workshop168

They are extremely good value and the choice is amazing. You can get a pack in one colour or a mix in a wheel/bags with various colours and there are lots of different wheels to choose from. You can also choose different sizes. Have a look at the sellers online ebay shop. The only thing to bear in mind though is to plan ahead as the seller is based in Hong Kong so allow at least a week for delivery.

I have never bought any other nail products off ebay but I managed to sell surplus/slow selling stock there once last year and got very good prices.

I also buy rhinestones, crushed shells, glitters, nail art brushes and so other stuff there. I would say watch out especiallu with rhinestones, some aren't very good, i would recomend swarovsky gems, they are always perfect.

Striper brushes are not meant to be used with polish only acrylic water based paint. Your polish remover or acetone cleaner probably melted the glue in the brushes and caused the bristles to fall out.

I'm quite aware of that.
2 way stripers are like normal bottles of polish but with longer,finer bristles obviously for striping and there is a pen when you take the lid off for dotting so I wouldn't be using polish remover or acetone on them, the bristles just kept falling out when I was doing designs because they were of poor quality.

I'm quite aware of that.
2 way stripers are like normal bottles of polish but with longer,finer bristles obviously for striping and there is a pen when you take the lid off for dotting so I wouldn't be using polish remover or acetone on them, the bristles just kept falling out when I was doing designs because they were of poor quality.

yes ive had this problem with striper paints off ebay too chick its just down to really poor quality as you said. so now i use the spangles stripers but i still get my rhinestones and glitters and other bits off ebay but just wouldnt buy my gel powders or any type of electrical or liquid products from there but ebays great for your nail art bits just watch out for the stripers lol :lol: if there the same as the stripers i use there would be no need to use acetone or polish remover as the brush is kept in the bottle

I'm quite aware of that.

I did too and do not recommend they are not good quality.

I buy a lot of my things from ebay... I even got some cnd retention+ from america, i've used it and it is perfect, it was also a real bargain!! I'd say if your going to buy from ebay sellers, check out thier feedback comments so you can tell if they are to be trusted. Happy buying :green::green::green:
katie x

As many others said, ebay can be fine for nail art stuff, but I would not buy acrylic/gel stuff from there. I got those striper pens too, rubbish, what a waste of money! But I have learnt from that! I got loads of rhinestones too, they are really nice, but you can sometimes find quite a few which are misshaped. Good tip about getting the swarovski ones though! Also, I bought loads of stickers/transfers, and they are so bad!!! I wont buy them again from there! xx

I buy a lot of my things from ebay... I even got some cnd retention+ from america

And by doing that you are encouraging the illegal import of goods that have to be shipped under licence. Your Retention+ is a flammable liquid and if not shipped correctly puts the health and safety of others at risk - why do you think that the rules around shipping are so rigorous?

Also, we have a fabulous authorised distributor of CND products in the UK and by buying from the US you are depriving them of business (which we all as users benefit from them having). Also, you will invalidate your insurance by using a product bought from an unauthorised source. Lastly the money you will have saved per service is minimal.

Does your R+ still feel like a bargain? It doesn't sound like one to me.

Amen to that Yvette.....:hug:

Otherwise as many others glitters, crushed shells and tips to put on my nailartboard i by from E-bay.
But never ever proffesional products or electrical stuff...:eek:

i have also bought the striper pens and they were so bad, two had leaked in the bag and like someone else said the bristles fall out and the paint got dried up in the tube lol good buy there!!! i wonder if it was the same supplier . . .

x

Latest posts

Back