eBay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkisbeauty

Reaction score
Oh my once again we've all been beaten to the start,
The new shellac colours are on eBay !?
Surely fakes ?
Unbelievable !

Who knows. Either way, let's not support the sellers.

No chance I'm going straight to Olympia ! :)

Have they been released in the USA before the UK? It could be sellers in the USA listing them....its such a shame that our professional only products dont stay that way :-(

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy Ace ~ Because it rocks :)

Just looked it is USA so like you say maybe early release ?

Hi all can I first of all say I'm very much against the sale of professional products to the non professional Market
But geeks please don't be surprised if these hybrid / gel polish products end up in the retail sector ( boots / jessops etc) in my opinion the products appeal massively to this sector ie easy application ,reasonably priced small bottles I think when the first product company goes down this channel in the uk remember lots of brands are available to the public in the USA .we will lose a portion of our clientel to this .it may not be a professional brand going into retail stores as I'm sure there margins are hard to meet for uk distributors but large stores are notorious for own branding products getting a celebrity to endorse them . My opinion is these products are a great alternative to polish especially for spas . I am doing a brand of gel polish in my establishment but I'm not trying to replace our nnc clients with this treatment just manicure and file and polish clients as I feel they come to salon because they simply cannot apply polish well themselves
Summary for me eBay sellers of professional products is undermining and unfair on distributors / trainers / wholesalers and salon owners however the public is still aware these are salon products
wait till there being promoted on ideal shopping / in boots / in asda etc as an ideal home treatment then you'll all be banging your heads against a brick wall

Hi all can I first of all say I'm very much against the sale of professional products to the non professional Market
But geeks please don't be surprised if these hybrid / gel polish products end up in the retail sector ( boots / jessops etc) in my opinion the products appeal massively to this sector ie easy application ,reasonably priced small bottles I think when the first product company goes down this channel in the uk remember lots of brands are available to the public in the USA .we will lose a portion of our clientel to this .it may not be a professional brand going into retail stores as I'm sure there margins are hard to meet for uk distributors but large stores are notorious for own branding products getting a celebrity to endorse them . My opinion is these products are a great alternative to polish especially for spas . I am doing a brand of gel polish in my establishment but I'm not trying to replace our nnc clients with this treatment just manicure and file and polish clients as I feel they come to salon because they simply cannot apply polish well themselves
Summary for me eBay sellers of professional products is undermining and unfair on distributors / trainers / wholesalers and salon owners however the public is still aware these are salon products
wait till there being promoted on ideal shopping / in boots / in asda etc as an ideal home treatment then you'll all be banging your heads against a brick wall

Coloured Gels for sure will be/are being sold to the end consumer but Hybrid product(s)?? There is only one colour coat product that is not a gel and a true hybrid and that is Shellac. You will never see that in the high street or on the TV. We support our professionals and we protect thier businesses with patented products that they will not see being sold to the end consumer. The dishonest folks who sell through ebay will I fear always be with us.

We already know that coloured gels have entered tHE commercial sector in the USA. Gelish are selling a kit to the end consumer in the US right now.

ARGOS ARE SELLING A COLOURED GEL KIT IN THE UK SO I AM TOLD.

The last time CND launched their new colours it was repoted that they were for sale on ebay and they weren't ... CND WILL RELEASE WORLDWIDE JUST AS THEY DID LAST COLLECTION AND EVEN THE EBAY SELLERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT.

*removed auction site URL*

Maybe someone cam do something ?? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is ridiculous if CND haven't yet released in the US and its already been sold to the unsuspecting consumers. Why is this company then advertising the new colours as an 100% genuine CND which I think it isn't.

Have you guys checked their website? They're even selling other CND brand products. I'm amazed really as I can understand to an extent if product is been sold after its release but definately not before.:sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottom line is......

No matter when a PROFESSIONAL ONLY product is released, it should NEVER be getting sold on Ebay or worse bought off Ebay.

Shame on these hideous Ebay sellers and more shame on any genuine tech who would even think of ever supporting such a scam.

This is just my opinion but I would not call a tech a pro if I found out they had bought their PROFESSIONAL ONLY products on Ebay just to save a buck here and there, to me this shows the tech does NOT care for the clients welfare, they only care for their own hip pocket because take offs these days are very good, so if purchasing off Ebay, you never know what you are truly buying.

I say support your PROFESSIONAL ONLY supplier who gives you the genuine product every step of the way and they will always support you:)

Sorry for my lil outburst, this sort of thing just really urkes me.

I totally agree with the comment above

I read a post on fingernail fixers page on Facebook from someone in the states saying they've got hold of the new colours. Several suppliers in the US have them now and are selling them! So that's probably how they've made their way onto eBay!

I've just had a look on fleabay to see what is available (not to buy just to see what's what. Love SS too much) and the thing that struck me was the price. Why would a professional nail tech buy off here to save pennies. Yes it's pennies. Are our clients only worth this?
I'm proud to say I use the FULL system and purchase my PROFESSIONAL products from SS. I'm listed on CND.com as a shellac salon and to be on you have to confirm this.
And guess what???? Never had a problem :)
vicki xx

New listing been added for new colours and seller is in south Yorkshire ?!!

I've got to say I admire Sweet Squared's resolve to never supply the retail market with professional products. Eve Taylor have the same responsible approach to both their retail and professional products being listed on eBay - however they work with eBay to get the listing removed and the salons account closed which keeps the product/brands reputation and the stockists exclusivity.

Maybe CND could consider the same approach to enforce their beliefs?

I've got to say I admire Sweet Squared's resolve to never supply the retail market with professional products. Eve Taylor have the same responsible approach to both their retail and professional products being listed on eBay - however they work with eBay to get the listing removed and the salons account closed which keeps the product/brands reputation and the stockists exclusivity.

Maybe CND could consider the same approach to enforce their beliefs?

We do and have had many listings removed. eBay are not easy to work with I'm afraid, and we have closed many accounts of buyers when we have found out who they are ... we spend more time on these things than we like to when what we really want to do is service out customers the best we can.

We do and have had many listings removed. eBay are not easy to work with I'm afraid, and we have closed many accounts of buyers when we have found out who they are ... we spend more time on these things than we like to when what we really want to do is service out customers the best we can.

Well that's positive to hear - some companies claim to support the salons whilst not actively discouraging the likes of eBay.

In my previous life eBay were the bane of my professional life so can understand where you are coming from regards working with them!

But I think the salon community will appreciate your efforts.

Rich

Does anyone know the official date of release for the 6 new colours? In the uk?

Does anyone know the official date of release for the 6 new colours? In the uk?

They launch at the Olympia Beauty Show- September 18/19, and I believe will be online (Sweet Squared) the day after.

HTH's :)

Latest posts

Back