Enhance me ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhance Me

• Never without my enhancements

Votes: 304 56.0%
  • Never wear nail enhancements

Votes: 55 10.1%
  • I'm a now and again enhancement wearer

Votes: 184 33.9%

• Total voters
I always used to have my natural nails with nail art etc.

Then one day I decided to cut them all down and put a set of boogie night french. And boy did I have fun with the opposite hand.

Im used to fairly long nails, not too much that they look unbalanced.

The only thing that drives me nuts about L & P is you can't scratch the same, as natural nails are like razors LOL

Always wear nail enhancements as my nails are naturally ski jump and weak, but i have to say they have improved since wearing enhancements. I love doing them now,( never used to) but i think apart from promoting yourself, if you can manage doing your own nails, then someone else's can only be easier. Plus i always do my wrong hand first, then it gets easier.

I love wearing enhancements as i love trying all different colours on the tips and trying stuff out.

Have been a Nail Tech now for 6 years and was blessed with naturally strong nails. Hate to say it, but was so proud of my naturally long nails that almost felt a 'cheat' to wear acrylics. Got soooo fed up of having to repaint to keep them looking good that finally 2 years ago gave in and applied overlays. WHY OH WHY did I not do it sooner. Nails look great all the time and am constantly wearing crazy 3D, coloured acrylics, a whole world that wasnt available before. So any natural nail freaks out there, have a go. No end of clients want whatever I am wearing.

I wear enhancements all the time definately couldn't go with out them now.
It's like forgetting to put your watch on in the morning you feel undressed and lost!

So far, I've not had any problems with my natural nails, so I thought why not just put some gel on and let them grow naturally?

artymarty said:
I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't have enhancements on!! My hands don't feel right without them................and I nibble my own nails if I don't wear enhancements ...............Can't be wi'out em!! :smack:

Martine x

same here i had my nails off this week and i been nibbling at my natural ones, i hide my hands behind my back anything to avoid been seen without em - i hate been without nails its like not being fully dressed. people at work have actually commented this week- ooh u look funny without ur nails on its not like you! xx infact going to do mine right now!!

Now I am finished college I have my Nails on and they aint coming off!! I love them, they make my short stubby sausage fingers look longer and more elegant and my rubbish natural nails - thin, weak, tearing, splitting - look fab! Doing my own nails was the reason for me doing my first Nail course.
Having a problem keeping them nice when doing clients though - keeping filing bits, I tried tape but cant work with it on so just need to find a way round it. Any tips appreciated
KxXx

im never without mine, if i break one im biting so its stops me from doing so having em on. i like my nails very long, im so used to them now, i couldn't do short. my natural nails are quite wide so longer nails look better on me.
when filing i do catch mine especially the left index finger, its slighly oval when all the rest are square!! lol i tried tape also and can't work with it.

I'm an occasional enhancement wearer...I used to wear them all the time when I first started out, but now I'm hard pressed to find the time to do them like I would like to.

MUST DO BETTER!! Because I do love them...I think I'll do some tonight, if I can find some tips and IF the baby stays sleep long enough for me to finish :eek:

Hi Everyone i've only just joined what's happening?;)

Fingers&Faces said:
Hi Everyone i've only just joined what's happening?;)

hiya x

welcome to the site..i would put this in the chit chat forum..that way everyone will know you are here and say hello...also filling out your profile will help us to answer any questions you may have. xxx:D

I think I must be weird! Cos I feel SICK without my enhancements! LOL! Is it just me??

It makes me cringe when I pick up things or touch things without them on... Ugh!

But the thing is that I don't do my infills as often as I should, due to time restraints, so end up doing a "tidy up" and paint to tide me over and so that they look half decent. Not exactly a walking advert eh?!

I have been wearing enhancements constantly for about 6 years and can't see me going back to natural, Plus I have stumpy fat fingers and they look even worse minus long nails!

Welcome to the site...I'm new also..my name is Julia and I'm located in Memphis Tn..Do you already have your license???...the more and more I read and see on this site...makes me feel ok about being a "newbie"...I love this site..

Hiya
I wear nails all the time and have done for 7yrs ish

Have just booked my holiday nails with Marco Benito
He does my nails for my hols every year.:hug:

I do my own all year round

Jenx

I am never without them,i have fat stumpy fingers and i hate them,having beautifull nails makes me less consious of them x

We are our own best advertisement.

Right now, I'm sporting long square with dark blue polka dot feathers inlaid in the gel. (can't wait to take pics lol)

Pretty original for my neck of the woods LOL

leah82 said:
I used to wear them all the time but had to have a break whilst being on courses etc.... missed them like crazy at first as mine natural nails are like stumps, they just won't grow above the end of my finger without braking/tearing (there really weak) :cry:. Trying to grow my nails but can only get them looking like well groomed stumps lol!! Would love my extentions back on but can't really do them myself esp on my right hand. Could pay someone to do them which i keep thinking about but its £20+ out of my pocket every 2-3weeks!! Plus got my stumps looking something like to have to have extentsions on & them wait another 6 weeks for my natural nails to look something like again if i take them off!! Oh the decisions lol!!:) Would definately have them back on if i could keep it up/had the time to do them lol!!:!:

I understand the reluctance to pay. When I have trained in Bio Sculpture ( I need one of those ticker things to count down!!) I'm planning to reciprocate with the friend who does my nails now. I think she's rather pleased that I'm going ahead with it. I did her nails last week under her supervision and she was realllllllly pleased.

Ivy

i wear them most of the time....i love having enhancements on...and they are defo good advertisement,when people say "oooh where did you get your nails done " you know you have got an instant client lol

Just the natural lay out for me and some nail art. I do massages too, and would hate to send them to their husbands with scratches on their back.....:green:

I voted occasional wearer too.

I tend to have a set on around xmas/jan time, keep them on for a month or two, love them, then get fed up with them, take them off, and immediately miss them! However, I have pretty nice natural nails (esp when doing mancures on others- really benefits mine too!) so I perhaps paint them to show them off a bit more.

Latest posts

Back