Enhance me ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhance Me

• Never without my enhancements

Votes: 304 56.0%
  • Never wear nail enhancements

Votes: 55 10.1%
  • I'm a now and again enhancement wearer

Votes: 184 33.9%

• Total voters
I don't wear them only occasionaly. A special occasion or a trade show but as i do lots of manicuring enahncmeents are preferable to polished nails as i end up taking the polish off my own but cant type with them so sorry they stay off.

I dont feel completely dressed without enhancements. I have been wearing acrylic for about 13 years. I cannot function without them.

I developed an allergy which has taken its toll on my nails :cry: . As soon as the surrounding skin is looking a little better I shall be wearing them. At the moment, I don't want to be drawing anymore attention to them than is neccessary. :o

ALWAYS......dont feel right PROMOTING myself as a NAIL TECHNICIAN if my nails look pants!

Amb x

i wear them on and off...
im giving my nails a wee rest at the mo... going to try and promote my nat nail care in salon.... i dunno how long it will last before i get bored with nat nails and want something funky

Jess
xox

ps... fab thread lelly loo loo :hug:

I used to wear them all the time but had to have a break whilst being on courses etc.... missed them like crazy at first as mine natural nails are like stumps, they just won't grow above the end of my finger without braking/tearing (there really weak) :cry:. Trying to grow my nails but can only get them looking like well groomed stumps lol!! Would love my extentions back on but can't really do them myself esp on my right hand. Could pay someone to do them which i keep thinking about but its £20+ out of my pocket every 2-3weeks!! Plus got my stumps looking something like to have to have extentsions on & them wait another 6 weeks for my natural nails to look something like again if i take them off!! Oh the decisions lol!!:) Would definately have them back on if i could keep it up/had the time to do them lol!!:!:

I wear them now and again as my natural nails are quite good. When I have enhancements I go for the more natural look and usually get lots of compliments. I have got clients from both not wearing and wearing enhancements.:Love:

i never go with out my nail enchanments i feel naked with out them i reckon they look like tree stumps lol cant remember what they look like with out:green:

I'd rather go naked than without nail enhancements!!
i started having my nails done when i was 17, did my training and started doing them myself when i was 22 (i'm turning 29 next month). I might take them of every once a while to try a different product or change the design but they're never off for more than a day.

beautynails said:
I might take them of every once a while to try a different product or change the design but they're never off for more than a day.

Ditto or when I'm doing a course.

I'm not dressed if I don't have my enhancements!:eek::Scared: and that's not a pretty sight! LOL

i wear them now and then,mainly when i have time off. i hate going to the effort of doing them beautifully on a sunday to have them going shabby half way through the next busy week. to keep them looking perfect i need to do them every sunday and thats something that honestly at the end of a busy week i cant be bothered doing!how often do you girls have to do yours to keep them perfect?

have to admit mine don't always get done as often as they should, maybe every 4weeks. I don't wear them very long & only wear polish when I have time off or have something special on. Before i started doing alot i used to wear them really long. I miss them:cry:

Since I have only just started doing nails I have only had 2 sets done one by a local tech and the other I did myself (with great difficulty)
One question does anyone find it difficult working on clients with your enhancments on? I decided to remove mine as I cant cope filing and removing other peoples nails:sad:

i feel naked without mine on!! :Scared:

now nobody wants to see that now do they esp not before lunch!

Don't wear them as I am at college in my final year of Beauty therapy.

I wear them every now and then but I am actually allergic to the acrylic. My dermatologist said that I should not even be doing nails, but I cant stop now!

I have to wear full cloth gloves with long cuffed latex over the top. I also have to wear a mask and wipe my face after every client. So annoying but it wont stop me.

I always keep my natural nails neat and polished so they still look good.

Like most I don't leave the house without my nails on... but

Why is it that we can't wear them for courses ?

I am sure there is a sensible reason, and Im sure its on the site somewhere too, but can't find it ?

Almost always got mine on! Hate doing my own though, and they're never as good as I can do on clients, but hey! Every now and again I get this romantic notion that beautiful natural nails is the way to go - it never last ore than a week before I can't bear my stubby fingers any more and put a new set on!!!

As a serial nail biter, I have to wear them to stop me from picking and making my nails look awful.

I would love to go natural........as I certainly want to promote that more this year.

The only time they are not done is when I go white water rafting, that's a little heavy handed (to put it mildly) on enhancements. I don't want to end up breaking a nail down so short that it is painful, so I soak the enhancements off and trim every thing down the day before we go, then the day we get back after unpacking, I go do my nails and get ready to go back to work.

Latest posts

Back