Enhance me ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enhance Me

• Never without my enhancements

Votes: 304 56.0%
  • Never wear nail enhancements

Votes: 55 10.1%
  • I'm a now and again enhancement wearer

Votes: 184 33.9%

• Total voters

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Right as Nail Techs should we be promoting our products by wearing them.
So who wears nail enhancements and who doesn't ?

I wear them but I will defo have to make them shorter when I start to get clients that want massages. I wear them because I feel that it's a great way to advertise!

Lellipop said:
So who wears nail enhancements and who doesn't ?
me, me, me lol, I wear enhancements :D

Yes we should be promoting our products BUT as quality nail technicians we have a vested interest in the health of natural nails so not wearing enhancements has got to be good for business too.

Good thread Lell xx

yes I wear them as its extra practise and saves me £35 a pop too! LOL

i wear them all the time there have only been a few occasions i havent worn them...e.g courses but cant be without them...they make me feel good even if my face looks like a bag of spanners

:eek: gosh ... absolutley could not go out out wearing enhancements ! its like going out with your lippy or perfume ! plus i was not blessed with the nicest of nails !:irked:

kx

"A bag of spanners"! Oh Joanne you really make me laugh!!

I voted now and again wearer. I love nails and i do want to wear them all the time. Its just that they get wrecked so quickly with doing my clients nails. When they look a mess im prone to biting and picking. Not a good example i know, but i havent the time to keep them looking tip top. Any ideas on how to then i would be wearing themall the time.

Yep I wear them at all times, Once didnt have any on for a day or so and felt like I had gone out without me knickers on lmao

Lellipop said:
Yep I wear them at all times, Once didnt have any on for a day or so and felt like I had gone out without me knickers on lmao

thats how i feel lesley!!!!! lol
i voted for all the time!!!, im not me if im not nailed up and ready to go!!!

I wore mine almost continuously for 5 years - only taking them off now and again for new designs etc. - French, glitters, natural.

I took mine off before Christmas with a view to replacing them and my own nails were long and strong so I decided to keep them off.

My clients are amazed and comment about how they had always believed that acrylic nails wreck your nails - blah, blah, blah.

Now they can tell all their doubting Thomas's LOL.

I get lots of comments still as I wear them in such a way to get them noticed.

I've worn them every day since I trained but not always looking tip top, but if that's the case I wear a polish - I normally run behind with my maintenance as I am too busy doing my clients.

I always wear them except when im told not too, like tomorrow for the pre masters, so I just have stubby naturals yuk:irked:

Yep got to have nails on - if you don't people ask why

I continually wear them ... I took them off last week for my pre - masters and I am leaving them off until after next weeks Tips and Trouble Shooting course.. then it will be back on for me. Although I am thinking of making them more natural looking with a custom manicure so that I can do my beauty treatments too without scratching my clients lol!

I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't have enhancements on!! My hands don't feel right without them................and I nibble my own nails if I don't wear enhancements ...............Can't be wi'out em!! :smack:

Martine x

It would be like going out naked!!! I never leave the house without enhancements......Thats addiction for you!!

I wear them long and proud and pick up a fair few new clients along the way as a result!!

I didn't do enhancements on myself until recently because I have beautiful natural nails and also because I wanted to be more than proficient before I started doing my own so as to avoid wrecking my nails.

Although your skills wearing enhancements are a great marketing tool, so too are beautiful well-maintained natural nails. I love enhancements but I love natural nails too. Luckily, I can promote both on myself now - depends on my mood:D

I always wear them, and i really keep on top of them to make sure they look perfect at all times. i rebalance them every two weeks but re-paint them every week unless i'm wearing perma gloss.

Its been a bit tricky having an 8 week old baby as she doesn't grasp the concept that mummy needs time to do her nails so now i have to do them in stages!

I only wear them occassionaly when i feel like experimenting with nail art or fancy a change but i prefer my nails to be long an natural with a lovely polish!

Latest posts

Back