ENVIRON & ACNE advice needed please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babitha

Reaction score
Really need advice. Has anyone had good results treating adult resistant acne with environ? Have had an ongoing problem with acne for 5years, am 27 years old. I know there is afew different types of acne and I have a feeling mine is hormonal but not sure. My skin is also very sensitive.
Its not obviously oily but is congested under the skin, when areas catch the light i can see loads of little tiny bumps. Started on environ in december using sebuwash and avst1. After about 6 weeks i added sebutrol,sebutone, sebugel and sebuspot & avst2. twice aday. At the moment my skin is not great but am wandering if it will get worse before it gets better, or am i using to many products.
Any advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Stick with it as it will improve.

Sebuspot is only for breakouts and used only on the affected area be careful with it, as it can dry out your skin.

If I think of anything else I will post again.

sorry I couldn't be much help

I had a rep visit me last year, left a sample of AVST 1, finished that and now started on AVST 2 but i recently stopped cause
1. showed no improvement to my skin in any way
2. my skin began to break out alot
2. skin became incredibly greasy by the end of the day
sooo.. im not impressed

I cannot give you a response from a user professional stand point as we are a Nimue salon, but my friend has an Environ salon and absolutely swears by it for acne clients. In fact she has quite a following and is very very successful treating this skin condition.

I hear good things about it too. but as a past acne sufferer i wondered if you had visited the doc and if accutane would be appropriate for you? its an acne drug, I was part of the first trials many years ago and its still being used today. you doctore give you advice as to whether you would be ok to use it.

best of luck!

tigi

thankyou for your replies, have allready tried roaccutane and it did work but the acne came back after six months once i'd stopped taking it.
Using all these products has probably given my skin abit of a shock so mabe i should go back to a basic regime and add products gradually.
Thanks again and keep me posted if you think of anything else.
By for now
xxx
ps joe90 would it be possible to have details of your friends salon so i could mabe contact them for advise in the future?
thanks

thankyou for your replies, have allready tried roaccutane and it did work but the acne came back after six months once i'd stopped taking it.
Using all these products has probably given my skin abit of a shock so mabe i should go back to a basic regime and add products gradually.
Thanks again and keep me posted if you think of anything else.
By for now
xxx
ps joe90 would it be possible to have details of your friends salon so i could mabe contact them for advise in the future?
thanks

Certainly you can will send it via PM. Martigirl on here is an avid environ fan too so I am sure she will be able to help you also.

If Joe90's friend is near you then I would certainly recommend that you go see her for a consultation. a thorough analysis by a trained therapist is crucial in getting your skin sorted for you xxxxxx:hug:

I would recommend not just the Environ homecare which you are using but to also have some salon treatments. There is an Environ mild peel that is perfect for acne skins and gets great results very fast.

My acne patients have had excellent results using Environ in combination with peels and medical microdermabrasion.

However, I do remember my area rep telling me a couple of years ago that there was some clinical research showing that in a small percentage of users Environ products actually aggrivated their acne.

Personally I have never had a patient have anything other than a positive result from using Environ but it might be food for though!

Thanks for your replies.
my skin got worse after introducing the sebutrol on a daily bases. i seemed to break out in what i can only describe as lots of micro spots ( tiny bumps) and felt really raw and uncomfortable have stopped using the sebutrol now and it is calming down.
I really want the products to work as i am a stockist and have had great results with with the anti ageing products its just the b active ones that seem really harsh.

cheers

I personally think that if Roaccutene only had such a short effect on your skin then you won't get much joy from the products. I have never used Environ but from your latest post it seems the reaction you have had is similar to the one I get if I use Dermalogica Medibac range.

I stock Dermalogica and it is annoying that I can't use certain products that should improve my skin so I can understand how you feel.

Roaccutene did work for me but I also take Yasmin the contraceptive pill which has kept my skin in check since. Whenever I have a break from the pill my skin flares up like it used to.

Perhaps you could ask your GP if you could try Yasmin ? A lot of doctors prescribe Dianette which is supposed to be amazing for acne yet when I took it my skin had never been so bad !

I am also an Environ stockist...if
acne is caused by hormones then it might be an idea to try and get them under control through diet...I have been amazed at how a change in diet can rejuvenate skin and all really...I found out about Environ through reading a book by Leslie Kenton "The Skin Revolution" there is alot of advice about diet in there...etc if you can borrow it from the library I would do it...diet can definitely improve things....I chose Environ because it feeds the skin it was just a coincidence that it was also anti-ageing and corrective..a fantastic plus I would say..I know that when I first started using the products I broke out but I persevered.. so did Des Fernandes by the way..and they say those that break out may be the ones that benefit the most...I will wait and see for that one lol...I can tell you this though Claire the trainer from Environ had very bad acne and pitting and each time I see her, her skin seems so much more improved...don't be put off if in doubt you could always phone them they are extremely helpful.... I always remember this chinese proverb "he who is afraid of asking is afraid of learning" I don't think any of us on here could be accused of that one.. wish you the best...

ty puramed proffessional 2% salycilc exfoliator and salycilic moisterizer excellent results on acne as salycilic is a lipophilic acid that wll dissolve sebum oils blocked pores etc it is huge in the states all ingrediants are medical grde also now has uk distributor

Hi there, I am 32 and didn't have a single spot until my mid twenties, I too have been on Roaccutane (3 times!!), Oxytetracycline, Lymecycline, Dianette etc etc they all work temporarily but then the spots start to appear again. I have very reactive skin and have also tried Dermalogica, Nimue and many other expensive skin care ranges through the advice of salons. I'd resigned myself to the fact I was just unlucky and have bad skin, however, I decided to try laser treatment (N Light) it's non invasive to the skin, and although quite expensive no more than all the hundreds of pounds I have spent on so called miracle facials/treatments and skin care. The laser clinic I went to are stockists of Environ and I have been using it now for around 8 months and I love it, I use Sebuwash then Sebutone and finall Sebugel twice a day, on the advice I was given from the clinic I would suggest not to over complicate it with too many other BActive products. My skin is still by no means perfect but so much better than it was and I'm not convinced it has much to do with the laser but more to do with the Environ products so perservere and you can go onto the Environ website and speak to them direct for the best advice. Good luck and I hope your skin improves!!

Latest posts

Back