Essential nails course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Hi everyone
firstly i must say i came across this site whilst researching different nail courses and was very impressed and it helped me decide what route to go down,so thanks for that people xx I have just started an Essential Nails gel course really enjoying it so far just wondered if there was anyone else who is also doing the course and wondered how they are finding it so far ive only had mine for 2 weeks and i think i might be boring my partner to tears by waffling on about nails etc so thought ide pop on here instead thanks in advance for any replys xx :)

Hiya and welcome :)

I'm new myself but i thought you might like to know that there is an EN group on here where you can talk to others doing the same course.i think you just click on groups at the top and go from there

Hi and thanks,
just found it this morning!:)

hi, good luck with your course, im also doing a course with them, im doing the acrylic tip and overlay one. They also have a page on facebook, im sure theres a link from their website to it, if not search essentialnail.com on there.

xxx

I don't see many professionals recommending the EN course ...... or haven't I been reading the posts?

Is EN the course you do nails on a placky finger watching a DVD without any personal guidance and send it in for approval, or am I confused?

Hi,

I also have just done the course, Although not on a 'placky finger' but with a model hand. I really enjoyed it but it is hard work & i hope you enjoy it too!

Make sure you join the EN group on here for maybe some more POSITIVE replies.

:)

I don't see many professionals recommending the EN course ...... or haven't I been reading the posts?

Is EN the course you do nails on a placky finger watching a DVD without any personal guidance and send it in for approval, or am I confused?

That's the one!!! Although to be fair a Nail Trainer is more than a 'placky hand'......:green:

Just wanted to point out that the 'placky' finger you learn on is used on the CND training course too! Although they also use models at some point!

Good luck with your course!! Join the facebook page, its very friendly and you get to meet people who are doing the same course and the support coach for EN often answers any questions or problems if you post them on there.

Its best not to mention the EN course on the main forum here..... it leads to you being treated like some bit of fungus!!! :rolleyes:

Good luck again, hope you enjoy it xx

Just wanted to point out that the 'placky' finger you learn on is used on the CND training course too! Although they also use models at some point! Absolutely, except on the CND course you are under the watchful eye of a CND Education Ambassador at all times so your technique is looked at, critiqued and corrected as you go along. My Nail Trainer was invaluable to me but more than that was the guidance of Andrea my educator.

Its best not to mention the EN course on the main forum here..... it leads to you being treated like some bit of fungus!!! :rolleyes: That is inaccurate and un-called for IMO. Plenty of geeks don't rate the EN course, me included if I'm being honest, but that is becasue you are learning a hands-on skill with no hands-on teaching or experience. I feel very uncomfortable at the thought of a nail tech doing nails without knowing of they are actually doing it right or not...... I can use any rubbish product and make it look good by filing the hell out of it, but it may lift tomorrow and I may not be prepping correctly..... How can EN assess how you get a good-looking result in order to pass you or not?

I know for plenty of people EN is allegedly the only option but people need to be realistic. It may be a start but it cannot and will not give education to the same standard as CND even though both use the same trainer hand.

I totally agree...!

But the nail trainer is a very clever item and can be very helpful to anyone learning a new skill so i was just pointing out it is more than a placky finger.
I certainly dont think i'm going to complete an EN course and walk out of the door with as a nail tech but everyone has to start somewhere.
Even if you do a classroom course you do have to do some learning at home in your own time...... i doubt anyone leaves their 5 day course as a tech either, although i agree that because they have had a watchful eye on them during the course they are more likely to leave with the correct techniques.
It just comes down to how you treat your home learning and if you are happy to cheat by filing down the work you create to make it a nice shape or, if like i have, you spend months working on you application skills and getting them right so you dont have to file off a ton of product!!!
Having been onto the EN facebook page recently and seen a discussion on there about how many people no longer use this site because they were fed up with getting rude comments about their training i dont think my comments were out of place.

Just wanted to point out that the 'placky' finger you learn on is used on the CND training course too! Although they also use models at some point!

Its best not to mention the EN course on the main forum here..... it leads to you being treated like some bit of fungus!!! :rolleyes:

Ouch, no-one I know on here would do that, as you say we all have to start somewhere, I started with EN albeit classroom based. I was never ever treated any differently on here and learned so much and furthered myself.

Having been onto the EN facebook page recently and seen a discussion on there about how many people no longer use this site because they were fed up with getting rude comments about their training i dont think my comments were out of place.

That is a shame because on here there is a wealth of knowledge, fantastic geeks that are willing to share, for nothing! There is the creme de-la-creme on here that will give advice. I still have to pinch myself sometimes that Gigi is now a very dear friend of mine, I couldn't have said that a few years ago because I didn't know her. It is only through this site that I got to meet her, and many other geeks, and what she said to me changed my life and career.

Stick with this site and you will see, many take a negative attitude and bolt, I have been there, think positive and take the good as it is there for the taking and you will never regret it.

Happy geeking :hug:

Ouch, no-one I know on here would do that, as you say we all have to start somewhere, I started with EN albeit classroom based. I was never ever treated any differently on here and learned so much and furthered myself.

That is a shame because on here there is a wealth of knowledge, fantastic geeks that are willing to share, for nothing! There is the creme de-la-creme on here that will give advice. I still have to pinch myself sometimes that Gigi is now a very dear friend of mine, I couldn't have said that a few years ago because I didn't know her. It is only through this site that I got to meet her, and many other geeks, and what she said to me changed my life and career.

Stick with this site and you will see, many take a negative attitude and bolt, I have been there, think positive and take the good as it is there for the taking and you will never regret it.

Happy geeking :hug:

Thanks fifitrix

I personally love this site most of the time!! Home learning is certainly not the easiest start to any career but it is a start and i've found so many helpful hints and tips here.

I plan on doing a foundation classroom course (possibly with CND as they arent too far from me) but with 2 young children, i'm enjoying learning something new in the only way i can.

I would just find it easier if others were a little less judgmental about my humble beginnings!! Everyone started somewhere..... its only through constant learning that the great techs on here have become what they have. I plan to learn as much as i can but i've just had to start a little further down the ladder!! :)

Hey geeks,

Ok, I ordered a gel course from essential nails. I've cracked on and am trying to get as much practise as possible.

Now the problem starts. I have been applying the tips to the no 13 nail as stated in the dvd and oh my GOSH! What a pain in the rear! I keep getting these bloomin air pockets, anyhow, I kept on with the practise to find no hope. I called and was told to hold the tip for about 40 secs (despite the dvd stated 10 secs or so). I did as instructed, and still air pockets, I carried on to blending the tip into the nail and turnt a blind eye to the air pocket to keep things moving.

Next problemo! I found that when I started blending the tip into the nail the glue underneath was still wet! Making it impossible to blend. I rang up again and was told to do the other fingers tips first before I blend to ensure the glue is dry, which I did, and guess what still the same problem.

The majority of my no 13 nails and tips were ruined because of this so I ordered more. After thinking about all this I thought, I followed insructions from the dvd, the helpline and the book but still found these problems, now is it just me to think that i'm paying unessesary money for a problem caused by the products (glue, wrong sized tip)?

I've emailed them my problem and first I had no reply so I called to be told noone has recieved my email! So I redirected the email to the lady on the phone, she sent me a new glue and gave me advice to ensure that i am doing it correctly. I sent another email to the same lady, regarding my thoughts of paying for products unessesarily due to a product mishap and I've had no reply.

Oh and FYI, I got the glue and still the same problem.

Next problemo! My gel curing box, the plug seems to have something loose rattling around in it, I called and was told I can either wait for them to come back into stock (which is fair) or take a voucher to the value of £25! Even thought it costs around £50.

I am sorry for the essay geeks, the worst of it I was trying to explain as basic as possible! lol.
Can anyone tell me their opinions on this, am I being a spoilt brat? Because I feel I've spent ALOT of money and the products are somewhat not reflecting this. The dvd seems outdated... like 1998 outdated, an unsure gel box, dodgy glue and a minimum variety of tips size despite the fact that they are all supposed to fit the nails and to add insult to injury I thought unlimited telephone support meant having someone there to pick up the phone, not only in office hours (9-6 and no weekends), when I am at work (the whole reason I couldn't go to college in the first place!)

It can't be a coincedence that there is so many threads similar to essential nails products. Is it not right to expect what you pay for?

If need be i'll just have to buy my own products elsewhere so of course any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time geeks! xxx

Thanks fifitrix

I personally love this site most of the time!! Home learning is certainly not the easiest start to any career but it is a start and i've found so many helpful hints and tips here.

I plan on doing a foundation classroom course (possibly with CND as they arent too far from me) but with 2 young children, i'm enjoying learning something new in the only way i can.

I would just find it easier if others were a little less judgmental about my humble beginnings!! Everyone started somewhere..... its only through constant learning that the great techs on here have become what they have. I plan to learn as much as i can but i've just had to start a little further down the ladder!! :)

No problem :hug:

Stick with it and you will get there, CND are fantastic and know and understand what each and every tech wants to achieve and they will help you EVERY step of the way.

Keep on with with your course meantime and don't be afraid to post. We all started with an idea of where and what we what we wanted to achieve and where we wanted to be, this site will help no end. :hug:

Hi there

Sorry you're having so many problems but i think the problems you are having with the no 13 nail are just down to learning!! Everyone who does the courses has problems with this nail because its so flat.... it would be pretty pointless if they made all the nails perfect because i doubt any natural nails are! The tips are the right size and the glue will stick them, it just takes practice!! Also, if you've started filing to find the glue is still wet, i would suggest you are using too much glue.

I've never had any problems getting help from Sarah at essential nails. if i email her she usual replies the next working day ([email protected]) i know its not instant but i dont think its a bad service, i just carry on with a different part until i hear back.

You have to purchase more nails to complete the course (which i think is a bit cheeky really but its how it is)

As to the light box, is it working? If it is and they have offered to replace it when it comes back in stock then i dont think that too bad.

The dvd's do look a bit outdated but the information in them is the same and i quite enjoy looking at the womens wonderful hairdo!!!!

Good luck with the course.

Could you try a different adhesive?
I might be wrong but I think you need to use a different one on real people anyway, or is that just the primer?
Eaver way a lot of people seem to have more luck with something like gel bond , H.T.H

Ok first of all i recommend you join the EN group on here there any many topics on there about the problems you are having!!

I had the same problem and i purchased some CND Gelbond its brilliant and i never had any problems again with applying tips. HTH

hiya
i too am having the same problem with the no13 nail,its a nightmare i have sort of got the hang of it with the others but it is purely because its flat its so different to master than the others just keep going we will get there in the end.I must say i agree with you about the nail and tips ive run out of both and went to re-order some and was shocked to see they are £20,considering how much the course costs in the first place,think you can use your own tips as long as they are the same as E.N tips you can use any glue.iv only called and emailed a handfull of times and always got a reply straight away think that will just be down to how busy they are on each day,apart from these few hick-ups how are you finding the course overall??

I also had many problems with the No13 nail - he he!

It really is about practice, and I ended up using so 3 packs of practice nails before I had a card good enough to send in - I then sent it alol with the other number nails on as they said it really sisn't matter which ones they were - felt at the time it was a bit of a rp off myself, but as I have got better and better over the last year or so, I can now appreciate the problem nails and you will too, just have to remember that you will not be 'good' at averything to start with, but with lots and lots of practice, you will become great!

Ditto the glue comments above, I agree and think you are probably using too much glue as this really should be dry in less than a minute on the nailtrainer.

The lamp situation is a bit of a pain, but if they haven't got one at the minute to replace it, then I would wait until they have as a £25 voucher just won't do!

Persevere, but don't get too hung up on the No 13 nail chick, and believe me, practice will make perfect in the end!

Good luck with completing your course xx

Hi hun, sorry to hear you are having so many problems :hug:

The number 13 really is a pain in the neck, but how I manged it was to use the number 2 tips that come with the course and cut them down (loads). I used small nail scissors and cut straight down the sides of the tip to make it the same width as the no.13 nail, then cut the well down so there is a really small contact area.

As for glue, I didn't get on with the stuff they supplied so I bought some NSI brush on stuff and it's great. I know what you mean about the glue still being wet when you blend the tip I had the same problem, but when I started cutting down the number 2 tips and using NSI glue I found the number 13 really wasn't so bad.

Also your 'wasted' nails that have gone wrong, have you tried removing the tip by filing it off? If you file and buff the tip off you end up with a usable nail again that's what I did.

If your light box is faulty I would wait for them to replace it, I know it's a pain that they don't have any in stock, but as others have said £25 won't get you a new one.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. One last word of advice, it's tough to start with but soooo worth it in the end :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back