Essential Nails - tipping!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsayxx

Reaction score
Im new here, so i just want to start off with saying hi everyone!

Ok, Ive read that some people on here have done a course with EN so i hope you can help me! Ive just started the Gel course with them, & am having problems sticking the tip on - i just cant seem to do it without getting them annoying airbubbles! I tried practising with cuticle oil, like it suggested in the manual, so i could try with different pressures etc, but when i master it with that it just doesnt work with the glue :irked: Its driving me crazy! Any suggestions? Also, 9 times outta 10, when i stick the tip on im left with a little gap between the nail plate & the tip, so like its not flat on the nail? Did any one else have this problem? When i put tips on real peoples nails i never get it, just with the nail trainer :rolleyes:

Sorry for the essay haha, any suggestions would be very much appreciated! x x

Last edited by a moderator:
Im new here, so i just want to start off with saying hi everyone!

Ok, Ive read that some people on here have done a course with EN so i hope you can help me! Ive just started the Gel course with them, & am having problems sticking the tip on - i just cant seem to do it without getting them annoying airbubbles! I tried practising with cuticle oil, like it suggested in the manual, so i could try with different pressures etc, but when i master it with that it just doesnt work with the glue :irked: Its driving me crazy! Any suggestions? Also, 9 times outta 10, when i stick the tip on im left with a little gap between the nail plate & the tip, so like its not flat on the nail? Did any one else have this problem? When i put tips on real peoples nails i never get it, just with the nail trainer :rolleyes:

Sorry for the essay haha, any suggestions would be very much appreciated! x x

It is not just YOU ... many have had this problem and if you do a search you can find lots of posts about it.

The nail trainer tips and nail beds are awkward ... plain and simple and some are more awkward than others to stick on. Nothing like working n a real person.

If you buy some Gel Bond adhesive from CND your troubles will be over as the gel consistency of the ahesive helps to fill those gaps you are getting. So many use GelBond for this reason.

Hey hun dont worry ive nearly finished my gel course with en and had the same trouble. First of all what number nail are you using the 13 or the 6 i changed and used the 6 its easier, secondly change your glue the one supplyed with the course is useless and yes i know it say you should only use that glue but trust me you will see the difference i recommend you use gel bond its fab and the air bubbles will be gone also i changed the tips it used as i found them to be poor quality i use the cnd velocity tip they are great and fit the nails really well. Hope this helps if you need any more advise please feel free to pm anytime:hug: Good luck

Last edited:
Hi, just joined this site and its great for advice: I am also doing an essential nails gel course: and I am having problems with the nuber 13 nail: so will take on board what's been said on here...( I hope my clients hand will bend like the Nail Trainer one ) :)

Last edited:
In the meantime...number 6 nail, with a number one tip (providing the tips are the same ones supplied for all the courses) then tailor the tip to fit the nail.
Hope that helps too

Like I said I am totally new to this... having read posts on here advice taken on board:
I used the number six nail, with a number two tip and the glue provided with my course:
worked great... even got the gel on ok ( ish ) and a coat of red polish and top coat:

the number 13 nail is too small and fiddley for a complete beginner like myself:

thanks for all the advice folks... I was going to pack it all in but will stick ( ha too much glue again) with it for a while yet:

you might be using too little glue, there for not enough to fill the space.
do you place the tip at an angle, rolling from the front of the tip back?
also to make sure the tips dont stay away from the nail plate, ensure the tips are the exact size of the nail plates xxxxx

If you switch to Gel Bond, you won't go back.... I didn't. The pink one is excellent as you can actually see it as you're working with it (but don't worry, it doesn't appear pink when dry)

If you switch to Gel Bond, you won't go back.... I didn't. The pink one is excellent as you can actually see it as you're working with it (but don't worry, it doesn't appear pink when dry)

where can I get Gel bond is that the trade name ? thanks:)

where can I get Gel bond is that the trade name ? thanks:)

Ring Sweet Squared ... they are the distributors of Gel Bond and all CND products in the UK ... 08452106060

I have just contacted this number and been told I cannot purchase the gelbond as it is a professional product only to be used in a salon? :|

I have just contacted this number and been told I cannot purchase the gelbond as it is a professional product only to be used in a salon? :|

Oh dear .. I forget you do not have a certificate and CND only sell to professionals. They would have no way of knowing you are not just a consumer. I'm sorry but that is CND policy which I'm sure is irritating to you, but to the geeks that use it ... they love that non professionals cannot buy it.

That is a shame, hopefully my ebay purchase will be the same product. If not I will continue battling air bubbles with the Essential Nail glue :lol:

That is a shame, hopefully my ebay purchase will be the same product. If not I will continue battling air bubbles with the Essential Nail glue :lol:

Buying Professional products off Ebay is very unwise - it could be fake or opened and out of date but is more likely to be illegally imported....... I'm pleased S2 have the principles they do, it's one of things that make CND the best IMO.

I understand your comments but as a trainee I don't seem to have many options when it comes to purchasing these products you all talk about. I have purchased a glue of eBay which I can use on a nail trainer hand not a human so it's worth a shot.
We all have to start somewhere :)

Hi...

I am still sticking in there with my EN course :) I find if I trim the nail tips that come with the course then the glue sticks better:

thought sometimes... I find there are white patches under the nail tip ( any ideas ? )

Magpie

Try using NSI Polybond adhesive, I've found that it works well with the nail trainer. hth

Hi thanks for the info: I hope to finish my course soon... then I will be doing the NSI course in Manchester: I have only done the EN one to see if I am going to like doing nails... and so far so good:

:)

Hi...

I am still sticking in there with my EN course :) I find if I trim the nail tips that come with the course then the glue sticks better:

thought sometimes... I find there are white patches under the nail tip ( any ideas ? )

Magpie

Hi magpie i have this problem too sometimes and i find thats its because there isnt enough glue appplied to the tip, try applying a little more, also wipe the glue nozzle over the edge of the trainer nail tip to give it more adhesion.
I sometimes get a little glue seep out from the top after rotating the tip where i have applied too much so have to wipe away the access. Its really difficult trying to get it just right. :irked:

Hi...

Magpie

This will most probaly be you havent blended your tip enough i got this when i first started my EN course but after changing glue and tips i had no problems:green:

Latest posts

Back