Ever had a celeb client?? (without naming names of course)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just wondering if any techs out there have ever had a famous client and what were they like.. pain in the bum diva or lovely? I often look at famous people in magazines and think OMG who did those nails?!!. they're awful and i'd love to get my mits on them. Can't name names of course but I had a famous singer years ago (she was absolutely lovely).. course I was terrified:eek: but she was delighted with her nails and when she was gone I had to go home for a shower 'cause I had broke out into such a sweat a ha ha.. so come on .. spill

Ooooh a singer! Not so lucky, Ive done a manicure on a news reader!! She was lovely, we found loads to talk about and never even mentioned once 'who she was' like some diva's do!

Would love to know who has had some really famous people!

x Maxine x

God loads. Lots of footballers and their wives. Some corrie stars a girl off hollyoaks, and a boxer.

Its the footie wives that are the problem! So up themselves as if its them that are famous!! I tend to tell them I am fully booked. I get most on the mobile service as you will find few celebs like to visit salons. I have been kept waiting for hours with one client and I told them I had to charge my minimum hourly rate plus the treatment for every hour I was kept waiting. I got paid but refused to go back. Prefer regular clients who appreciate things more.

I had some very high up asian clients that offered to pay for me to visit dubai with them for a week at a time fully paid as their beautician. Unfortunetly they went exery month and I have kids! Thats the only thing that I regret not being able to do...:irked:

Kate

Haven't got any that I know of although all my clients are celebs to me :hug:

I once did a celebs nails, as she wanted them doing to go on a trek in the arctic!!

yeh i had an famous A-lister

i cant help thinking although its interesting to know who has, and realise data protection wont let us but its more interesting to know who it was!! lol

No celebs here but Kylie, if your reading this please come for a manicure, I make a lovely coffee!!!

I have the sister of a famous actress as a regular - does that count?!

Yes lots when i worked next to the theatre. :lol:

Yes, a few....but I never rip and tell. They were all lovely and with more insecurities than all of us put together. xxx

I have done nails for a few celebs and to be honest they were all great and less demanding than a lot of my other clients.

I've done a few, most were nice ..... one not so nice (names witheld) the main issue I have had is the time it takes, often they want a clearout period before and after their appointment. + I still get nervous in those situations.

I got quite annoyed (but bit my tongue) when told "that's not how you do them". I had to stop my procedure, complete one nail (that soon shut her up), then continued with the set (she was doing an album signing the next day)..... all eyes on hands.
But it ended up quite good, I was tipped by PR and tipped by her also:) That made it all worthwhile.

When appointments overlap, the look on clients faces is priceless.

Ha ha... How great would it be if your "client from hell" walked in, just as you were finished with a mega famous client, who'd be singing your praises of course... he he would she not be sick:lol:

It's even better when the paparazzi come along and it's in the social pages in the national papers the next day ......... some of these "celebs" organise their own publicity and they tip off photographers.

It's all marketing!!!!! Great when it works in your favor too.

No celebs here but Kylie, if your reading this please come for a manicure, I make a lovely coffee!!!

She sent me an autographed picture in a Zebra dress so it would fit in with my salon decor ...... she's very sweet.
I had remixed one of her songs (which I felt was copied from another song), she was quite shocked I had caught on..... and she performed the original song in her next Aussie concert .... I was flattered.

I'll post the link to my very amatuer mix link when I can find it..... then you will know what I mean.

The song was Light Years

Latest posts

Back