Ever Wonder Why We Bother?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Can I suggest something?

If you feel the need to start a thread about something rather than do a search, it would be only polite to check in to your thread to read the answers and acknowledge them. I don't mean that you have to comment on every post or do a big thank you, but what's the point of geeks giving their time and advice, just to be ignored. :smack:

yes, strawberries.

ha! ha! just teasing KIM!:green:

Just checking back as it'd be rude not to. :) xxxx

Yes I agree . I love to get a reply :), as it makes it feel that the time you have taken to answer posts have been a little helpful to the poster ,
as you say its polite to check back ,
goodness I hope I haven't forgotten any :eek:

thank you Kim and Minky for taking time to reply to my answer.:lol:

I often pm or message someone, but then again, we have the rep system too. But I know what you mean about a simple acknowledgement.

I always add to peoples reputation if they have really helped me out and I do try and give feedback to replys.

I'm only good cos I don't wanna :smack: off you :lol:

Sorry if I've misled you but what I mean is, say you start a thread 'Does anyone know the best tips to use?' Then people take time out to answer but the geek who started the thread doesn't bother to go back to read the answers.

Arghhh!!!!! It makes me so mad that I could throw a kitten into a fan. :) xxx

I've seen threads before where the thread starter has received a reply full of great info and they've ignored it and then bumped their thread with an "anyone else?", completely ignoring the fab reply they've already received, it does make my blood boil sometimes and I do often wonder why we bother, but there again, there will be many more members (or non-members) who will appreciate the info given.
It's still nice to be appreciated and get a thank you though :hug:

I feel like That everyday...4 cats, one pregnant (They are all booked in for the snip now thankfully :lol:)
And one smelly rotty, oh and not to mention the 2 moaning kids...
I could often happily throw a kitten into a fan...
I wouldnt of course,,,,

Well ask me again in 2 weeks when I am upto my eyeballs in kittens and placenta again :eek:

OMG I understand you, honest :lol:
YOU DON'T HAVE A KITTEN DO YOU? :eek:

Sorry if I've misled you but what I mean is, say you start a thread 'Does anyone know the best tips to use?' Then people take time out to answer but the geek who started the thread doesn't bother to go back to read the answers.

I know where you are coming from Kim. In fact i think i wrote a blog saying just this exact same thing a while back.

It is sooo annoying I totally agree. Yes it does make me wonder why we bother sometimes.
A little gratitude is all it takes.

Elaine xx:hug::hug:

Yep it is only curtious to reply and acknowledge the replies given! I agree with what Sandi has said, sometimes I have tried to give good advice and it gets totally ignored, and then someone else gives the exact same advice and gets mahoosive praise! I do wonder why I bother alot of the time!

Ho hum !!

xxxxxx:hug:

I just want to say one thing... please don't stop giving fab advice, even if the thread starter doesn't appreciate it, there will be many members (or non-members) who will :D

Oh come on Kimmi....I am getting serious Deja Vu here.....this happens all the time doesn't it????

I just laugh now...and don't let it get to me.
Even when someone has started a thread asking a question and has logged off 5 mins later, without waiting to see if there even are any answers??
What is that all about??

Oh Oh...you have sucked me into this Kimmi.....now where is my blood pressure medication lol:lol:

hayls this has happened a few times and its so frustrating isnt it! has left me scratching my head! very annoying, i always check back and try and always remember 2 say thankyou 4 advice given xxx

ღMandyღ;730722 said:
OMG I understand you, honest :lol:
YOU DON'T HAVE A KITTEN DO YOU? :eek:
I did have...............until I chucked it in the fan. :) xxx

Oh oh oh !!!! And what about the ones that only surface when they want to promote themselves. They don't ever contribute to any threads, they're just forum parasites GOD.............I love moaning. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !!!!

Well as this is turning into a moan session I will add my two penneth. I often wonder why people post a thread and then disappear 5 minutes later and don't come back on for days to check for answers.

But the type of member that annoys me most at the moment are the ruddy distributors who bump up old posts from way back when to promote their products. OR their only replies are either "I agree" "yes that's fab" just to keep bumping them up (do they think we are stupid - we're not but it makes them look so). OR they go in for the kill and say they can supply stuff (even when not asked for their product) and supply all the company contact details. They rarely actually give pro advice - they just use the site to sell their wares AND NOWT ELSE. They are becoming the biggest bugbear for the Moderators and if not careful they will catch us with PMS and we'll ban the lot :green::green::green::green:

Sorry Kimmi! Maybe I should start a new thread!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back