Example of a bad nail technician!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly7950

Reaction score
i had a new client today, that had her nails done at a salon in town. apparently they used toilet tissue to repair the nail!!!
And used a new powder gel called la chat? her nails have been ruined by them and all the white of the french p0olish come off within 24 hours!!

i couldnt soak the last of the gel off her nails!!! do you have to file this gel off??

i did file the the last of the gel down as much as i could as she wanted a bio sculpture french polish. and they did look 100% better when 8i had finished!!
i just cant believe what they have done to her nails and apparently the lady also teaches at a college!!!!:grr:

good for me though as i now have a regular new client!!

Actually it may be old fashioned but you can use tissue paper as a temporary repair on a natural nail. ;)

Le Chat is a reputable brand.

Some gels are classed as hard gels and are buff off.

Have you any experience of working with hard gels yourself, and have you had to buff a set off before?

In what way are her nails 'ruined' and are you sure it was a polish that was used, as it would be very unusual to use a polish over an enhancement system for a french look, and if so, polish usually lasts longer on an enhancement than it does on a natural nail.

i had a new client today, that had her nails done at a salon in town. apparently they used toilet tissue to repair the nail!!!
And used a new powder gel called la chat? her nails have been ruined by them and all the white of the french p0olish come off within 24 hours!!

i couldnt soak the last of the gel off her nails!!! do you have to file this gel off??

i did file the the last of the gel down as much as i could as she wanted a bio sculpture french polish. and they did look 100% better when 8i had finished!!
i just cant believe what they have done to her nails and apparently the lady also teaches at a college!!!!:grr:

good for me though as i now have a regular new client!!

Have to admit, I use toilet tissue to repair MY OWN nails if I dont have any reapir patches handy. But NEVER EVER would I go near a client with it! x

Have to admit, I use toilet tissue to repair MY OWN nails if I dont have any reapir patches handy. But NEVER EVER would I go near a client with it! x

Me too !x

I was taught this method many years ago when doing a manicure course, we were told to use toilet tissue and varnish for temporary repairs but as already mentioned, I wouldn't dream of using toilet tissue on a paying client lol.

Why ever not? Its not has if you've already used it to wipe your backside with it! lol

The technician may of been caught short of her usual supply of repair stuff so had to use an alternative x

When I was training, they mentions fibreglass, silk, and paper wraps. Paper wraps, from what I was told, is very old school, and is rarely used. I'll admit I've used colored tissue paper (used in wrapping presents) on nails as nail art. :lol:

From what I remember about removing le chat, You have to file off the topcoat with a zebra file, soak in acetone for a minute, remove any lifting product with the zebra file, and repeat til all of it is off. You could also just file majority of it off and then soak. (I read alot of product info at my old shop :lol: )

Why ever not? Its not has if you've already used it to wipe your backside with it! lol

The technician may of been caught short of her usual supply of repair stuff so had to use an alternative x

This is true ! And I only ever blow once, lol ! X

Why not ?? Because it sucks and has no strength to it that's why not! :eek: That is not a professional service but a home DIY remedy that really does not work ( at least it does not last ).
It is pants service and if she got caught short of repair material then she should have declined to do the repair. Absolute nonsense.

In school she taught us to use Perm papers...... Then Back scratchers Spray and resin. I always sighed at this since it made no since not to use the silk or fiber glass that comes with it. Its not like it was any harder to apply!!! :evil:

Thanks chickafish!! least i know for next time!!
And thanks for other replys. I know everyone has their own opnion, i just dont think when peope are paying for a service they should walk away with andrex stuck to their fingers!!!
And this girls nails were splitting, flaking and generally in very poor condition. I should have taken a picture to show how bad they were!!!

Why not ?? Because it sucks and has no strength to it that's why not! :eek: That is not a professional service but a home DIY remedy that really does not work ( at least it does not last ).
It is pants service and if she got caught short of repair material then she should have declined to do the repair. Absolute nonsense.
Chill i was only having a giggle! :lol: I have never even heard of this method before let alone tried it so i dont know if it would have any strengh, althou i have heard of others using teabag paper! pmsl

I've only trained using acrylics so i dont mess with any other kind of repair job.

Latest posts

Back