Exfoliation/body brushing before waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairchild

Reaction score
Do you waxing geeks exfoliate/body brush your client's legs before waxing? If so, are there any products that you would recommend that would work well in a home salon - that won't need showering off etc? I would just like to top and tail my treatments to make them a bit more special :) Thanks all.

Do you waxing geeks exfoliate/body brush your client's legs before waxing? If so, are there any products that you would recommend that would work well in a home salon - that won't need showering off etc? I would just like to top and tail my treatments to make them a bit more special :) Thanks all.

Hi,
No I dont body brush my clients legs before waxing, that does sound a nice little added touch as I have never hear of that and would only take a few moments!
I do always do a little leg massage at the end of waxing the legs (using the after wax lotion) and all the clients love that, so that could be another nice touch!
I wouldnt bother exfoliating the clients legs prior to waxing as body scrubs are a treatment on there own, and that would eat to much into your waxing time!
Emma x:hug:x

I dont do any pre-brushing/exfol....but i too do the massage at the end.....most clients have commented on this being really nice x

I have seen 'luxury waxing' with exfoliation and hot towels on a salon pricelist.

Personally I think it is a little bit of a faff BUT for clients who don't follow aftercare and come for their appointment with lots of ingrown hairs, it could make a positive difference to the end result.

Hi

I do use a body brush before waxing as it emphasises the importance of exfoliating inbetween waxing and it is a good added extra which as you say only takes a few seconds. Give it a go and see what response you get :) Cactus brushes are fab!

Hi

I do use a body brush before waxing as it emphasises the importance of exfoliating inbetween waxing and it is a good added extra which as you say only takes a few seconds. Give it a go and see what response you get :) Cactus brushes are fab!

How do you clean the brush in between clients please? I can see how this would be of benefit.

not heard of this before but what a good idea, might give it ago myself

Latest posts

Back