Experienced Lash Geeks-Would you do the same lash training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
"Who is the best for SP Lash Extension Training"

This question gets asked on here every day and I've noticed that most lash geeks have simply stopped answering.

I thought it may be a good idea if we all shared our experiences of who we trained with and, given the chance to train again, would you use the same company.

To get the best feedback possible, could I politely ask that very newly qualified lashers don't post? I think that it's only after a good few months of regular lashing that you can tell whether your training was sufficient or not.

Hopefully we'll get some good honest feedback that Newbies can refer to before making their decision.

Ive been doing lashes since Decemeber last year, so not so new and not so old. Before I booked anywhere I came on here and got so confused, in the end I went with a local salon which is part of Massage Diploma Courses, Holistic Therapy, Beauty & Distance learning Courses - Natural Therapy Studio School - Home they have places all over UK.

It was one-to-one training I did, which lasted a day and you trained on a real model. I walked out of there feeling 100% confident and couldnt wait to get started. I did 20 lashes in the first 3 weeks which really helped as it got me stuck in straight away and would definitely recommend others to do the same.

Im pleased I didnt train with any big companies as I dont think I wouldve enjoyed it as much and after hearing mixed review I would recommend this company to anyone and everyone, even though they arent a huge well known one :)

I'll Start

Who did you train with?
I trained with Glam Lash.

If you were doing Lash Training now, would you go with them?
No.

Why?
Although my trainer on the day was fab, the organisational side of this company really let them down. I had to chase numerous times for course details then had to wait weeks and weeks for my certificate. Course was also overbooked so there weren't enough couches for all the students' models.
The follow up support from the trainer was great but I now wish I had done a course where you need to do case studies then return for assessment and troubleshooting.
Although I was qualfied after 1 day, I really felt I would have benefitted from going back for for some follow up training and feedback after I had done a few more sets of lashes.

Oops sorry, jumped in a bit too quick there :p

I trained with gateway workshops. They offer training all over the uk. Again it wasn't a big company

Would I recommend? Yes. But please read below.

I trained about a year ago but have been doing lashes everyday since so have experienced quite a bit. I don't feel like the company was as organised as they should be. (thy rung me up on the day and asked me to bring another model for somebody else to practise on even though I had already persuaded one person) I felt like this was asking too much as I was already on my way there and I felt like they would be annoyed when I didn't bring a spare person. There was a group of six of us all practising on eachother we had quite a bit of paper work and we practised on dummy head before the real thing. This was good but it was alot harder on the dummy than a real person! It was a one day training course n we all only put about 10 lashes in each. I did go away from that thinking I hadn't learnt properly but thinking about it we learnt all we could and it is all just practise. Also after it's completed they welcome you back on any of there ee training free if yu want to practise a bit more. I didn't need this as I thought I'd get stuck into it straight way and I was fine. The kit you can buy is 80 and is eyelash emporium. It is mainly j curls which are fine to practise with but after practising you will find you use slot more b and c curls the only other thing I found was the lady told me that a full set of lashes is 30 in Each eye. I have now discovered I'm putting about 70 in each depending on the eye. I would recommend this training as I feel like I Learnt enough and had the option to go back

Last edited:
I Trained with AH Francis.

Yes I would definately train with them again.

I feel its really important to have to do case studies after your initial course which is what AH Francis require. The course gives you the basics for starting lashing, its not cheap, but I do believe its a quality company that have always been on hand to help if I needed. When I submitted my case studies, they were quick to respond and my certificate came through promptly. I would say that I dont solely use AH Francis products but I do feel they gave me a solid lashing base to start my business.

We had 4 students on our course and we worked on each other.

Just in answer to you saying that lash geeks have stopped answering posts regarding this, this is because the same questions get asked repeatedly and all it takes is to do a search and there are multiple answers to this question.
x
Anywhos-I trained with Flirties and yes I would use them again. The lady (although she longer works for them) was very knowledgable and I felt confident to start lashing as soon as the day was over-it was a 1-to-1 course.

Just in answer to you saying that lash geeks have stopped answering posts regarding this, this is because the same questions get asked repeatedly and all it takes is to do a search and there are multiple answers to this question.

Exactly. I completely agree that everyone just got tired of answering the same thing.

I thought this could be a useful thread for the future.

My idea was, that by posting this, it would get as many experienced lashers as possible answering in the same place.

Hopefully, newbies will use the search facility and find this thread.

We can only hope........:wink2:

Last edited:
Exactly. I completely agree that everyone just got tired of answering the same thing.

I thought this could be a useful thread for the future.

My idea was, that by posting this, it would get as many experienced lashers as possible answering in the same place.

Hopefully, newbies will use the search facility and find this thread.

We can only hope........:wink2:

I trained with marvel lash.

Not a chance would i ever train with them or recommend the training or products.

i did about 50 sets before i felt i was getting anywhere. I basically taught myself. Or at the least perfected it myself. And Im still learning. I think we all just keep learning hopefully.

My tip to newbies... Dont think it easy x its not x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Definitely.... Do not think it is easy!!!! I recently posted pics on my Facebook of the steps to fit lashes and loads of people have commented saying they never knew it was done like this, now I know why it costs so much, now I know why it takes so long etc etc. It's funny a lot of people think its just done like, and as quick as, express lashes (i wish!)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I trained with Nouveau.
Given the chance to train with them again in eyelash extensions, would I?
NO!

I trained with Nouveau.
NO!

Just out of interest why do you say NO, as I always got the impression that Nouveau seem highly respected?

I trained with Nouveau.
NO!

Id like to know why too? I thought they were supposed to be really good xx

I did my original training with them and found it to be sub-standard. I did complain and they said I could do the training again but I would have to travel which I wasn't prepared to do. I kicked up a fuss and managed to get a 1-1 training session at my salon which I have to say, was very good.
I then did my masters with them and again I had to complain and have the training again.
Most of the girls who work there are lovely but their admin side lets them down.
Of all the companies I have dealt with, they are by far the worst.
I did a course with them one day and there were 15 of us on the course and nearly every single one of them had complaints. Even the trainer was appalled and said we should all write to the company with all our complaints.

I trained with a company and even though I was a trainer for them at the time (for other treatments) I still paid for my course. If I had to do it again would I, in a word NO.

I trained with iLash aka ABX Beauty back in Feb. After seeing them at professional beauty last Oct I decided to go with them.
I thought the training was good, it was a 1 day course and qualified that day too. The class was a group of 5 people who needed to bring a model with them. They learned us the basics of application of which I didn't really learn until months after. Trial and error I guess...There's a saying about learning to drive, "you only really Learn to drive when you've passed"
It's definitely the same with lashes!
Hope this helps x

Hi
I initially trained with the Southern School of Beauty in Hants (which is a training school but not a product provider) but ended up retraining with A H Francis, mostly because I wanted to use their products and appear on their website, but only became aware of them on the first lash course. I found them very helpful and have been happy with their products although I think it's a minefield out there and is always difficult to know whether there is a huge amount of difference in between companies and their products. I have a lot of confidence in A H Francis products and they are very good at aftercare if you have any queries or issues. Also, unlike some of the lash product providers, who purely sell, you can get plenty of advice on customer queries or application problems/techniques.

Another benefit of going with a large reputable company is the insurers like it too (I struggled to get insurance with my first course) as they didn't require case studies.

Happy Lashing.
Julie
xxx

I trained with Lash Perfect about 3 years ago.

The course was one day and this was an add on course through college during my level 3. There were about 8 in the course and we practised on each other. I can't say the course was amazing but I couldn't say it was bad either, I came away excited, enthusiatic and ready to have a go even though I strongly doubted my ability at the time. In my case I think it taught me the basics and the rest was just down to practise practise practise! We also had to do a number of case studies before we were awarded our certificates.

One thing I would praise them for is their aftercare and customer service. I have always found them more than helpful on the telephone and at the shows, and earlier this year I had my very first complaint (i'm sure if you search, you will find it!) I telephone the office for advice and the person I spoke to was so helpful, really helped me through the situation to resolve it properly and not just jumping to protect themselves or the brand. The situation went on for a fair number of days and they were always more than happy to talk/email me, calm me down etc.

I use some of their products - absolutely love their sealer and cleansing cloths, but for other products ( eyelashes) they are expensive.

If theres one small minute negative it would be the kit - I still have the un used pack of J curl .1 9mm is my drawer unused!!!:biggrin:

Would I train with them again ? - definately - would actually love to become one of their trainers........well maybe one day

H xx

I also trained with Lash Perfect, I did mine in 2005 back in the day when they were called Lavish Lashes - I highly recommend them as a company, great customer service & echo what heaterp has said.

Also the men in the warehouse in Collier Row, Essex are really helpful & friendly.

To be honest I remember enjoying & thinking the training was good but was so long ago I cant give much detail on that side.

Quite a while ago, maybe 2/3 years ago I got some details sent through of a refresher course, which I couldn't do at the time, but would really like to do this, just to see if I can pick up any new tips & tricks. x

Sorry, to actually answer the question you asked :o

Yes, I would do the same lash training & highly recommend Lash Perfect to any newbie :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back