Express Nails = Stick On Nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katykitten

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have been doing a bit of research today in the way of collecting leaflets, looking at websites etc of other nail salons in my area.

What I have found in that 3 out of the 4 salons (1 using CND and 2 using OPI) offer an 'Express Nails' service for which they charge £15.

When I called up to enquire, as I suspected it was Poppits or Freeforms, they explained it was actually stick-on nails, and in the technicians words "like the ones you get in Boots and Superdrug but they are Creative ones and we fit them for you and they last about a week"

I was just wondering if any geeks offer this type of service?

Hi I use this type of service as a few of my ladies work in tesco and asda and only want them for a few days. I dry manicure, buff nail and then put the false nails on. my ladies are very happy with the results asif the just have french I add a little nail art, especially if they do not like the air brushed ones. I also charge £15.00 not everyone want enhancements. I only did this when a couple of ladies came in with some false ones they bought from town and asked if I could put them on for them and tidy up cuticle.

Thanks for that Sharon, I'd never thought of doing it myself

Aw, can't believe there has been 53views and one one to reply. Surely someone must either offer it, have heard of it, or have an opinion on them? x

Hi. I'm sure that i've heard some people use the normal tips for this kind of thing? Like a "Weekend Nails" type thing? By putting on and blending in tips but not using any product, just polish over the top, the tips last a few days but because there is no l&p or gel, they only stay on for a short while. Hope this makes sense - written real fast!

Hi. I'm sure that i've heard some people use the normal tips for this kind of thing? Like a "Weekend Nails" type thing? By putting on and blending in tips but not using any product, just polish over the top, the tips last a few days but because there is no l&p or gel, they only stay on for a short while. Hope this makes sense - written real fast!
I too offer the weekend nails as described above but there is no way i would glue a set of full coverage nails on a client like the ones that can be bought from the local chemists as the client will just rip them off when they have had enough of them and cause lots of damage to their natural nails hth

but there is no way i would glue a set of full coverage nails on a client like the ones that can be bought from the local chemists as the client will just rip them off when they have had enough of them and cause lots of damage to their natural nails hth

That's exactly what I thought Louise, but I double checked with them and it is the full coverage one but they said they were CND approved, which I found very hard to believe

I buy all my L&P products from the CND shop in leeds and i cant say that i have ever seen them for sale in there,
why dont you give them a call hun and ask them, their number is
0845 210 6060 hth :hug:

Ok, will give them a call tomorrow morning. Thanks for that! xx

If a client came to me saying she wanted nails for just a weekend...I wouldn't do weekend nails...becouse by the time i have applied a tip..blended and applied a thin layer of product i could have done a proper set...financially and time wise it just wouldn't be worth it.

What i would do is offer salon applied stick on nails......and a removal service in with the price.

I have no objection to stick on type nails as long as they are...

1) professionally applied
2) not worn for long periods of time
3) professionally removed

If a client came to me saying she wanted nails for just a weekend...I wouldn't do weekend nails...becouse by the time i have applied a tip..blended and applied a thin layer of product i could have done a proper set...financially and time wise it just wouldn't be worth it.

What i would do is offer salon applied stick on nails......and a removal service in with the price.

I have no objection to stick on type nails as long as they are...

1) professionally applied
2) not worn for long periods of time
3) professionally removed

I've never done weekend stick on nails, however, I like bagpussys idea of points 1-3, tbh if a client showed me the stick on nails I wouldn't know what to do with them.

I have read many articles about this ...and i do know marian newman (aka MUM)has done some research into this...I am sure if you pm her she will share what info she has on it.
I believe that there will always be a market for them...whether as a professional we agree with them or not. But as professionals if people insist on using them then surely it is better that they are encouraged to be used safely and removed safely and are given all the facts as to how long they will last.
This way when the client decides that they want a longer lasting and more attractive enhancement we will be there to cash in on it, and we will have nicer untrashed nails to work on.
This is only my opinion I appreciate that not all techs see it that way.
:hug::hug::hug:

That's exactly what I thought Louise, but I double checked with them and it is the full coverage one but they said they were CND approved, which I found very hard to believe

What a load of old rubbish.

PopIts are not stick on nails either and they last as long a any other type of enhancement.

Clearly it is just another case of using the well known name of Creative to try to convince people that something is good or better than it really is.

I'm a nail technician ... if someone wanted me to apply stick on nails to them I would do it ... that is why they pay me ... to do things the professional way. I would advise on a salon removal.

If a client is sufficiently concerned to ask and to pay me to apply a set of stick ons then I think she would be sufficiently concerned to have me remove them safely.

What a load of old rubbish.

Clearly it is just another case of using the well known name of Creative to try to convince people that something is good or better than it really is.

My thoughts exactly, I was really surprised.

I called Sweet Squared this morning (thanks for the suggestion Louise) and they confirmed that they definately DO NOT supply CND full coverage stick-on nails, so what type of nails they are using for this I do not know, I may even send my sister in later to have a snoop for me.

I'm really disappointed in them aswell, as I'm hoping to complete a conversion CND course by the end of the year as I believe it to be the best and will emphasise this to all my client and salons like this seem to trash an excellent product, on all their marketing they really push the fact that they are a Creative approved salon....the cheek! x

Latest posts

Back