extra long nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess walters

Reaction score
does anyone know wear I can get the really long nail tips. Someone was selling them awhile back. They are reallyyyyyyyyyy long!
Thanks Tess

Hi,

I may be able to help. I have 10cm (4 inch) tips.
I'll PM you.

Sam xx

WOW, that is long, i like mine long, but that is TOOOOO long for me.....lol.:lol:

Just apply a tip to a tip and you will get he same finished result without having to buy anything else.

I'm afraid I have to dissagree on this one.

Yes, you can blend tips together, but In my opinion, it does look a bit wrong from underneath when using multiple tips (As well as being time consuming). For instance, to blend a set of 10, 4 inch tips, you may have to blend 30 tips of more. You just can't get the same effect!!

No matter how well they are blended, the joins still notice underneath. Also, the longer the nail, the more curvature, which SOME people don't want. With standard nail tips, the nail tends to curl, eventually making a complete circle so you can never get them to a very extreme length (Of course, it depends on the length you are after and what you want to do with the nails (eg - competition / fantasy / client)

I chose to manufacture long tips purely due to high demand otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I've not got a problem with anyone blending multiple tips.

Sorry if I seem a bit negative but I used to blend standard length nail tips for hours on end to try and achieve this. It just wasn't practical.
Please bear in mind this is just my personal view.

Sam

Is the reason you manufactured these for comps etc?

I just can't imagine clients wanting them that long, but then if they did i would sculpt them.

Hi,

Hi, yes, that was part of it, fantasy nails/competitions/tv etc. I design a lot of nails for the fetish market and for performing drag queens also. I couldn't find what I wanted on the market already, especially the extra wide widths in such a long length.
Due to the time and volume of nails I was being asked for, it wasn't practical to sculpt, and due to the lengths of the nails, I was unable to blend multiple tips.

Sam x

its good to know that you do long ones as i love doing fantasy stuff, so you need a long canvas to work on.

Great idea Hun.

I'm afraid I have to dissagree on this one.

Yes, you can blend tips together, but In my opinion, it does look a bit wrong from underneath when using multiple tips (As well as being time consuming). For instance, to blend a set of 10, 4 inch tips, you may have to blend 30 tips of more. You just can't get the same effect!!

No matter how well they are blended, the joins still notice underneath. Also, the longer the nail, the more curvature, which SOME people don't want. With standard nail tips, the nail tends to curl, eventually making a complete circle so you can never get them to a very extreme length (Of course, it depends on the length you are after and what you want to do with the nails (eg - competition / fantasy / client)

I chose to manufacture long tips purely due to high demand otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I've not got a problem with anyone blending multiple tips.

Sorry if I seem a bit negative but I used to blend standard length nail tips for hours on end to try and achieve this. It just wasn't practical.
Please bear in mind this is just my personal view.

Sam

It's not like people will be doing thousands of these is it?? I was just offering a cheap alternative in the meantime. It does work and if done well does not look horrible from the underside ... although who looks at the underside I ask myself?

Yes, I do agree if you are doing the odd set or a two or three tip length then that is a great alternative, but of course it depends on what length you are trying to achieve and whether people will be looking at the underside. Do people look at the underside of a nail in a fantasy comp? I don't know.

I guess if that isn't an issue then it's fine to blend, but especially under the light, I have found it impossible to make the underside join completey invisible.
Many of my customers DO look at the underside and it is an important factor when they purchase these nails. But there again, some of my work is to a different market to many geeks on here, so fair enough.

A geek asked where she could buy long nail tips from and I just advised. I don't mean to cause any issues / problems by my comments but tried to answer this question the best of my knowledge.

When you say blending tips together is a 'cheap alternative', I actually found it a lot cheaper to buy the tips than spend time blending them.

When you say blending tips together is a 'cheap alternative', I actually found it a lot cheaper to buy the tips than spend time blending them.

Well you obviously have a vested interest for putting this argument forward!

For a one off I would suggest doing tips on tips. If I was only doing nails like the ones you sell (and thank god I am not) then that would be different.

I value your opinion as an experienced nail tech and admire what you do for the nail industry.

Poppits were invented to make life easier for fellow nail technicians. Like you/Creative, I created the long tips (which I won't name on this site) to do the same. Surely that can only be a benefit for the people who choose to use them?

Not everyone may like what I do as well as my regular L&P's/gels but wouldn't it be boring if everyone was the same?

As for the vested interest...Of course I am passionate about what I do but please remember I didn't start this thread. A fellow geek asked about long nail tips and I replied. Is that such a crime on an unbiased professional nail site?

so you make long long tips:):):):)

Latest posts

Back