Extreme male beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessieBee

Reaction score
Okay, so did anyone watch this last night/ has been watching it?
As funny as it is it is actually quite interesting to watch.

I honestly didn't think that most men were that concerned about looking like David Beckham but it turns out they are. I mean having abs and peck surgery and even enlarging their bits down there -ouch!(although I can understand that if it really is making someone depressed in the same way that a woman would have a boob job, tummy tuck etc) but when it's just for vanity?

Women have been going through this for years and years so it does make a change to hear men going through the same kind of thing (not a good one) but again it's all thanks to the media and what is now perseved as the "ideal body".

I asked my hubby last night if he was unhappy with his body and he just said "no" with a kind of look on his face lol which I'm glad about because I love his body, he's got a little bit of a belly but I like him that way.

So... do you think men really are that concerned with looking like David Beckham, Brad Pitt etc and if so why? For themselves or because they think that's what women want?

Ive been watching this over the last 3 weeks and find it quite interesting but at the same time quite amusing at just how many men have hang ups about their bodies.

The presenter is hilarious at times and gets right into his weekly missions to perk up his pecks, rid his love handles and even enlarge his male bit!

I hope at the end of it all they show a befor and after pic so we can see his transformation:!:

Ive been watching this over the last 3 weeks and find it quite interesting but at the same time quite amusing at just how many men have hang ups about their bodies.

The presenter is hilarious at times and gets right into his weekly missions to perk up his pecks, rid his love handles and even enlarge his male bit!

I hope at the end of it all they show a befor and after pic so we can see his transformation:!:

I wish I could get all that body hair waxed off for him ...hehe... :)

i havent seen it, but i think men seem very competitive .

they love having the best job, best car, best phone, best gadgets etc so maybe thats what makes them want better bodies too.

I've been watching it and found it both interesting and hilarious! I think all men are quite worried about their appearance in some way but don't think they would could to some of the extremes shown on the programme.

I've been watching it and found it both interesting and hilarious! I think all men are quite worried about their appearance in some way but don't think they would could to some of the extremes shown on the programme.

The presenter really makes me laugh, skinny ankles etc!

Also didnt realised men's b**bs were moobs, lol!

I say snaps to him for having the guts to do this show. I can't imagine many people baring all knowing they are going to hear quite a lot of shallow people saying eww he isn't thin. Bless him.
It goes to show that men have the same insecurities as women

Haven't watched the programme but i can't see a problem.
Why wouldn't men want to look their best?
Like someone said, women have been doing it for years. No-one would bat an eyelid if a woman had a boob job so why shouldn't men have things done.
I think it's good that men want to go to the effort of looking good and i don't think it's because they are competitive, it's just that they take pride in their appearance.
Women do things for vanity and and to think that men can't is a bit sexist!

Yep, saw the programme and will definitely watch again next week.
The presenter's great . . . made me laugh when he had to go off and throw up after watching liposuction on that young guys stomach!
I'm all for guys looking after themselves but it was a bit of an eye openere listening to those quite nice average guys in the locker room talking about their bodies and bits they didn't like, (they looked fine to me ). I guess I didn't think men were too concerned about this. They usually seem to talk about sport, politics, drinking and women from my experience - but then why shouldn't they be concerned about their appearance with all the pressure from the media?
When you stop to think about it, it was only a matter of time until someone made a programme like this, there have been loads of similar programmes over the last 10 years or so with women as subjects.
BTW - the before/after makeover guy looked great too. I wish someone would come and tell my partner what to wear!

Yeah the presenter is funny and has got guts, like has been said to bare all knowing that he's going to be judged? I know I certainly wouldn't do it.
I'm all for men taking care of themselves and looking how they want to look I just didn't realise men had as many concerns about their bodies as they have.

I have major body hang ups (my Fiancee still never sees me with no clothes on) but always assumed that he felt ok about his, he doesnt! He compares himself to the celebs and feels inferior which actually makes me sad.

It's a bit of a myth that they want to look like David Beckham but he has led the way in male grooming.

Men have been deserting their wives for year, citing that it was because they didn't find their wife attractive anymore because of her saggy boobs.

Well, I relish the day when it goes on record that a wife leaves her husband because of his saggy scrotum. Bring it on! xxx

I'm on the fence :(

Women are under immense pressure to conform to a beauty ideal and it causes a lot of anguish and wasted energy, especially in vulnerable young girls. I don't relish the thought of men suffering the same way, yeah, we've had it for years but two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

On the other hand, if a man is interested in his appearance and enjoys getting treatments, changing his hairstyle, wearing fancy kit and generally being a bit of a dandy, I say more power to his elbow!

(I expect everyone to be clean and dressed in a way that doesn't frighten the horses regardless of gender!)

I reckon that men will become more flamboyant in their dress anyway with this recession, in the 1970s even dads and bank managers had flares and hair resting on their collars. Bring it on! An end to boring pale blue shirts :)

Latest posts

Back