Eye Shadow creasing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polish

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I've decided to do my own makeup for my wedding, I do my eyes pretty nice, but my major problem is my eyeshadow ends up creasing and gathering in the crease of my eye-lid throughout the day and by the evening I look like I'm not wearing any apart from a big clump on my eye-lid line, which I always have to keep touching up.

I've tried eye primer before adding eye shadow - it doesn't work.

Is it the eye-shadow I am using (powder) or does this just happen to everyone naturally?

Help please :confused:

Do you apply foundation & powder around the eyes when you do the rest of the face? I find this works really well as a base & i don't need the need to use a primer.

I haven't trained in make up but can tell you what works for me personally. Benefit She-laq helps stop my eyeshadow creasing. I put a tiny bit on top of my eye make up when I'm finished. You just have to use a tiny bit though and let it dry before opening your eye.

I wouldn't use it if you're having eyelash extensions though. I find they don't go together well. HTH x

Yes I apply foundation and powder to my face and it still creases.
I thought of changing to liquid eye shadow, but think this would crease even worse?

Thanks Tweezerhappy I'll have a look into She-laq maybe just what I need, does it not take the colour away form my eyes? Is it a clear serum that dries?

Thanks again :hug:

Yes I apply foundation and powder to my face and it still creases.
I thought of changing to liquid eye shadow, but think this would crease even worse?

Thanks Tweezerhappy I'll have a look into She-laq maybe just what I need, does it not take the colour away form my eyes? Is it a clear serum that dries?

Thanks again :hug:

It's a clear liquid. If you use a lot you can see a sheen but if you use it sparingly you can't see anything.

A liquid eyeshadow that works for me is the Chanel ones. They look like little lip glosses. Never crease and stays put all day. Also, have you tried Mac Paint Pots. They're supposed to be good for that too.

Thanks very much for that - I'll be off testing them as soon as I get the chance to pop into town :D

I know you say you've used primer, but unless you've tried it already, urban decay primer potion is fantastic. Lasts all day and adds a real denseness (if that makes sense!) to your eye colour. Hth x x

I know you say you've used primer, but unless you've tried it already, urban decay primer potion is fantastic. Lasts all day and adds a real denseness (if that makes sense!) to your eye colour. Hth x x

I've heard good things about that too, although I've never used it.

I have an oily skin and oily lids! I use estee lauder double wear foundation which stays on my skin from morning to evening. I use this all over including my lids and under eyes (sparingly) you have no need for concealer with this foundation. I also use it on my clients for durability for occasions such as weddings! they have a double wear light version and also a double wear concealer.

I apply with a beauty blender for a perfect smooth finish. or you could use fingers, personal preference.

Double wear isnt for everyone though as some may find it heavy. I personally love it and cannot live without it!! Another option you could try is chanel mat lumiere foundation, again applied all over and on the lids!

urban decay primer potion is a cult fave so that could be something worth trying if you dont want to fork out for a new foundy. x

Thanks very much girlies - I hope I can find one of them that works :D
Going to buy urban decay primer potion - wish me luck x

One of my BFF's swears by UD Primer Potion. Another good eyeshadow primer is the one by ArtDeco. It really keeps the eyeshadow in place. Best of luck! :)

One of my BFF's swears by UD Primer Potion. Another good eyeshadow primer is the one by ArtDeco. It really keeps the eyeshadow in place. Best of luck! :)

Currently the best-selling eye base in Europe, by a mile....

Now available in mineral and fragrance free. :biggrin:

Artdeco eye base. as used on Dancing on Ice, daily by Michelle Keegan, Suzanne Shaw and Tara Palmer Tomkinson to name but a few.

I also vote for urban decay primer potion - love it.. keeps my eyeshadow on!

Hiya, I have the same problem and also swear by Urban Decay Primer Potion - its brilliant!

Latest posts

Back