Eyelash extension glue very confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were told to use primer before AND after application.

It was explained that it helps set the glue.

I'm not sure if it does help bit don't see any harm in doing it. I've also started using sealer but am not yet convinced that it prolongs the life of the lashes.

has anyone noticed a clear improvement on returns as a result of the sealant?

I'd like to start retailing it to clients as part of their aftercare but really need to believe in it to sell it convincingly.

E x
Angelina, just noticed the end of your post re sealant. Sorry if it appeared I was ignoring your comment. I just hadn't read it right to the end. Oops.

Last edited:
I actually can't believe that you were told to get your client to open their eyes all the time mid treatment :eek:
Of course your clients eyes are going to stream if you do this.
If you are worried that you are going to get any lashes stuck on the pad/tape etc..., then every now and then you can tell the client to keep their eyes closed and then pull the eyelid up very slightly and gently and then you will see if there are any lashes stuck anywhere they shouldn't.
Under no circumstances should you get them to open their eyes.
You could also get your tweezers and place them lengthways under the lashes and lift the lashes up and you will see if there are any stuck.
At the end of the treatment, give the lashes a good fan and comb through and then the client can open their eyes.
The more sets you do then the less you will find that you have any sticking to the pads :hug:

well yeah, to make sure i hadn't stuck something somewhere i shouldn't. it wasn't like open their eyes straight away as of course i'd have to wait for the slower glue to dry and then the fumes to go from the faster glue but yeah that's what i was doing and i thought i was doing so well too! LOL!

i also do the gently moving top lid to see what's going on underneath, i wasn't taught that i just i dunno kind of common sense thought to do it so that i could keep checking inbetween asking the client to open their eyes.

x

Thanks for that, I have never used sealer, so no idea if it makes a difference or not. I will try the primer at the end, my only concern is that you are applying something wet to the lashes xxx

thank you for your encouragement! :D there's so so much to learn, i wouldn't of even known that most people don't keep asking their client to open their eyes to check if i hadn't posted on here so i'm really glad i did! :D there's def lots to be picked up isn't there?

when i had the slower flirties glue i'd read posts about how great it is compared to others and i just never got it - it didn't seem like anything special to me at all. the same with the faster glue i've been thinking to myself for the last week how can it be faster when it takes like the same time if not longer but duh it's no wonder now if you're not supposed to keep asking your client to open their eyes to check you haven't glued their eyes together! x

I was trained with the original Flirties adhesive. It is slower than the new one, obviously, and I changed to a faster drying different brand. My friends that I used for case studies and prictise noticed the difference in speed straight away but the also noticed their lashes weren't holding as well as with original Flirties. So that's what was good about the original. Once you start lashing all the way through with the newer flirties without stopping I think you will see a big difference.

With regards to using a sealant, I've always used one as that's the way I wad trained. The same as MissConfused stopping and checking lashes aren't stuck to the pad. Lol. When the other trainer suggested try primer i thought that would never work but it's been quite good. Maybe there is an ingredient in it that cures the adhesive quicker like some girls stateside use IPA. so far it's been good and my returns lately have been excellent. 3-4 weeks with lots of lashes still present.

With regards to using a sealant, I've always used one as that's the way I wad trained. The same as MissConfused stopping and checking lashes aren't stuck to the pad. Lol. When the other trainer suggested try primer i thought that would never work but it's been quite good. Maybe there is an ingredient in it that cures the adhesive quicker like some girls stateside use IPA. so far it's been good and my returns lately have been excellent. 3-4 weeks with lots of lashes still present.

Sounds good :) I'll give it a try xx

Latest posts

Back