Eyelash extension glue very confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppydaisy

Reaction score
I am new to the eyelash world, but have been doing reasonably well so far.. My adhesive is running out and the lady who trained me has taking all the brand labels off and put her own on!! I have discovered that its a product call lash fix for sensitive eyes which I can buy online a bit cheaper. I have been chatting to the lady from eyelashproducts who is very helpful, and am wondering wether to stick to the same odour free/ no fumes glue but different brand on her website or go for a different one

Any advice would be great, I need to order today as I'm dangereously low, i'm finding it very confusing with all the choice of glues out there!!

I am new to the eyelash world, but have been doing reasonably well so far.. My adhesive is running out and the lady who trained me has taking all the brand labels off and put her own on!! I have discovered that its a product call lash fix for sensitive eyes which I can buy online a bit cheaper. I have been chatting to the lady from eyelashproducts who is very helpful, and am wondering wether to stick to the same odour free/ no fumes glue but different brand on her website or go for a different one

Any advice would be great, I need to order today as I'm dangereously low, i'm finding it very confusing with all the choice of glues out there!!

Ooooh, your in Billericay, so am I!!!!!!! PM me if you fancy a chat xx

Glue is soooo confusing and its a bit trial and error as to "the one" people like best. On page 2 of the Skin Geek forum there is a thread about Glue Adhesives - poll, that should give you loads of info.

Personally I use Flirties Extra Strength but it does have a fume, however imo I love it xx

Generaly speaking, the faster drying/stronger the glue, the more fume it can tend to have. Are you feeling ready to move on to faster glue? If you are happy with the drying speed etc of your glue your using, and it has no fume then id stick with it. The ultimate in glue for experienced lashers is a super fast glue, with no fume! Unfortunately it dosent appear that this is possible lol
Try a few and see what you like if you feel ready to move on, as what one tech likes another may hate.
good luck xx

If you are happy with the glue then stick with it, if you are finding it is a little slow and you are getting a lot of stickies then have a good look about on here and try a different faster glue.
I have been using the Level 3 3D glue which I am liking just now, but I did suffer from the fumes at first. Clients have been ok though :) xx

it doesn't hurt to try out other products. you might find something you like better.

i changed my glue to flirties extra strength and i've done two practise sets with it and the first time i used it both me and my client suddenly had runny noses, put a face mask on and we was both ok. until it came to her opening her eyes and her eyes were streaming... so we had to leave her eyes closed for a little while after i applied a lash before opening (not sure if the glue then works out any faster if i have to keep on doing that kwim? lol) and the 2nd again eyes were streaming when client opened her eyes when she wasn't told it was ok to. like another poster has said there is a thread about glues so it might be a good idea for you to check it out. x

it doesn't hurt to try out other products. you might find something you like better.

i changed my glue to flirties extra strength and i've done two practise sets with it and the first time i used it both me and my client suddenly had runny noses, put a face mask on and we was both ok. until it came to her opening her eyes and her eyes were streaming... so we had to leave her eyes closed for a little while after i applied a lash before opening (not sure if the glue then works out any faster if i have to keep on doing that kwim? lol) and the 2nd again eyes were streaming when client opened her eyes when she wasn't told it was ok to. like another poster has said there is a thread about glues so it might be a good idea for you to check it out. x

Hiya, with my Flirties I have had streamers aswell but I found that if I blow dry the lashes at the end with a little hand held fan or the little puffers and keep their eyes shut for 5 mins they seem to be ok, worth a go :lol:

Hiya, with my Flirties I have had streamers aswell but I found that if I blow dry the lashes at the end with a little hand held fan or the little puffers and keep their eyes shut for 5 mins they seem to be ok, worth a go :lol:

using the blower? :o was that ok? it sounds crazy but i wasworried about using the blower incase i and this makes me sound loopy but i was worried i'd make it worse by wafting fumes. does that make sense? :\ i will def give it ago next time i do a set! thanks for the tip! :D it sure is a pain having to wait before asking clients to open their eyes. x

using the blower? :o was that ok? it sounds crazy but i wasworried about using the blower incase i and this makes me sound loopy but i was worried i'd make it worse by wafting fumes. does that make sense? :\ i will def give it ago next time i do a set! thanks for the tip! :D it sure is a pain having to wait before asking clients to open their eyes. x

Because the client has got their eyes firmly shut it doesnt blow the fumes into them just away from them, whilst drying the glue super quick, as soon as the glue is dryer there are much less fumes :eek: I use the time they have their eyes shut to write up my records and put my lashes away and tidy up - multi tasking :lol: Let me know how you get on :hug:

I find don't have to wait that long. I wait a minute or so, apply sealer then wait another minute or so. While I'm waiting I go I've aftercare and tidy my things.

I have to say I love the Flirties adhesive. I had a 3 week fill on Saturday and the client still had loads of lashes on.

on my training i was taught to just apply a few then get client to open their eyes so i could check everything was ok and just keep repeating that through out the application. that's why i said i'm not sure if i'm spending more time waiting for the fumes to go than i spent with the slower glue. not just at the end, do i make sense now lol if it was just at the end it wouldn't be a problem but after every few i'm having to wait and it's a pain. kwim? the slower glue was great until i did a neighbiur and she was scrunching her eyes whenever i went near her so i tried a faster drying glue and apart from the fumes i'm not struggling with it, i'm just not confident enough to assume i was doing everything right and just check at the end kwim as i've only done practises/case studies up to now.x

on my training i was taught to just apply a few then get client to open their eyes so i could check everything was ok and just keep repeating that through out the application. that's why i said i'm not sure if i'm spending more time waiting for the fumes to go than i spent with the slower glue. not just at the end, do i make sense now lol if it was just at the end it wouldn't be a problem but after every few i'm having to wait and it's a pain. kwim? the slower glue was great until i did a neighbiur and she was scrunching her eyes whenever i went near her so i tried a faster drying glue and apart from the fumes i'm not struggling with it, i'm just not confident enough to assume i was doing everything right and just check at the end kwim as i've only done practises/case studies up to now.x

What are you looking for when you stop to check? How have you been getting on working this way? Do you feel a benefit checking every few lashes? I've never worked this way and think it would really slow you down.

What I would do instead is take your time applying each lash to get your technique right and just keep going. I would think you don't get into a rhythm when you keep start/stopping. If you feel the need to keep checking then maybe you're not ready for the faster adhesive.

wow, I wouldnt be able to work like that, no wonder your clients eyes were streaming, with the fast lash glue you need to make sure the clients eyes are shut throughout the whole application, I wasnt taught the way you were but it sounds like a bit of a pain to me!!!!

when my friend/client opened her lashes for the first time and we assumed what the problem was and why her eyes were watering after that i made sure she left it a longer time period before opening them again and we both wore a mask - i didn't just get her to open them after every few lashes straight away lol which is why i said i'm not sure if it was any quicker with a faster glue kwim but it did really really make her eyes stream and that was a while after i had applied the last lash before checking.

like i said about the slower glue i just wasn't geting anywhere with it when i did my neighbour as she kept on scrunching up her eyes - it was that bad that i couldn't use her as a case study, her lashes looked an absolute mess. i did them and then took them off straight away. i've never wanted to give up on lashes as much as i did then. so i tried a faster glue as i don't struggle putting a lash on a lash/i don't have to reposition the lashes constantly kwim? but i don't feel confident not checking because that was what i was taught todo to make sure nothing was stuck anywhere and i'd hate to find out at the end i'd stuck something somewhere i shouldn't. it's not like i apply 3 lashes and think gosh i'd better check it's just after i have put a few on i'll ask the client to open their eyes so i can check i've done ok which is how i was taught. i'm also after like every 3 brushing the lashes through like i was taught on my training and haven't found any clumps up to now (apart from the neighbour, thankfully!)

the last 2 practise sets i have done have been loads better and using a faster glue hasn't created any problems, apart from watery eyes and having to wait what feels like forever to make sure nobody ends up with watery eyes. x

edited to add: i would expect watery eyes like when my client opened her lashes when she shouldn't - but very surprised it was still happening a good while after last applying glue. i dunno about anybody else but alot of people i have done seem to be speaking to me with their eyes closed, i'll move away from their eyes with the tweezers/lashes and the next thing i know their eyes are wide open looking up at me waiting for a reply! i guess no matter how experienced or how much i say through out 'make sure you keep your eyes closed' that it wont make a difference? :\ i didn't know i was doing wrong as i did exactly as i was taught on my training :| there was no mention of when i get a little bit better to start working in a different way or work in a different way when i get different glue.

Last edited:
when my friend/client opened her lashes for the first time and we assumed what the problem was and why her eyes were watering after that i made sure she left it a longer time period before opening them again and we both wore a mask - i didn't just get her to open them after every few lashes straight away lol which is why i said i'm not sure if it was any quicker with a faster glue kwim but it did really really make her eyes stream and that was a while after i had applied the last lash before checking.

like i said about the slower glue i just wasn't geting anywhere with it when i did my neighbour as she kept on scrunching up her eyes - it was that bad that i couldn't use her as a case study, her lashes looked an absolute mess. i did them and then took them off straight away. i've never wanted to give up on lashes as much as i did then. so i tried a faster glue as i don't struggle putting a lash on a lash/i don't have to reposition the lashes constantly kwim? but i don't feel confident not checking because that was what i was taught todo to make sure nothing was stuck anywhere and i'd hate to find out at the end i'd stuck something somewhere i shouldn't. it's not like i apply 3 lashes and think gosh i'd better check it's just after i have put a few on i'll ask the client to open their eyes so i can check i've done ok which is how i was taught. i'm also after like every 3 brushing the lashes through like i was taught on my training and haven't found any clumps up to now (apart from the neighbour, thankfully!)

the last 2 practise sets i have done have been loads better (90 and then 110 lashes over both eyes in 3 hours not just like 30 per eye so i'm guessing all the practising has paid off?) and using a faster glue hasn't created any problems, apart from watery eyes and having to wait what feels like forever to make sure nobody ends up with watery eyes. x

Well you sound like you're doing really well applying 90 and 110 in 3 hours, but just think what your time would be if you didn't keep stopping to check!

Why not get a friend you feel comfortable with, try your best to get every bottom lash covered, lash and don't stop until your finished. As it's your friend you will feel more relaxed and in control IF you did experience any issues. I'll bet you find there are none though as you sound like you're doing a brilliant job. :hug:

edited to add: i would expect watery eyes like when my client opened her lashes when she shouldn't - but very surprised it was still happening a good while after last applying glue. i dunno about anybody else but alot of people i have done seem to be speaking to me with their eyes closed, i'll move away from their eyes with the tweezers/lashes and the next thing i know their eyes are wide open looking up at me waiting for a reply! i guess no matter how experienced or how much i say through out 'make sure you keep your eyes closed' that it wont make a difference? :\ i didn't know i was doing wrong as i did exactly as i was taught on my training :| there was no mention of when i get a little bit better to start working in a different way or work in a different way when i get different glue.

Do you use a sealant? When I have applied my last lash I comb through, wait a minute or two and apply sealant. Tidy my things while I'm waiting for that to dry then comb through again. My clients haven't experienced streaming eyes. I definitely think the sealant helps.

Another trainer actually recommended trying primer at the end in place of sealant. I have tried it a few times and it has worked out really well too.

I actually can't believe that you were told to get your client to open their eyes all the time mid treatment :eek:
Of course your clients eyes are going to stream if you do this.
If you are worried that you are going to get any lashes stuck on the pad/tape etc..., then every now and then you can tell the client to keep their eyes closed and then pull the eyelid up very slightly and gently and then you will see if there are any lashes stuck anywhere they shouldn't.
Under no circumstances should you get them to open their eyes.
You could also get your tweezers and place them lengthways under the lashes and lift the lashes up and you will see if there are any stuck.
At the end of the treatment, give the lashes a good fan and comb through and then the client can open their eyes.
The more sets you do then the less you will find that you have any sticking to the pads :hug:

once you get confident you are not sticking clients eyes together then you wont need to keep checking whether they are stuck together or not, My clients get on the couch once prepped and gel pads down there is no reason for them to open their eyes until the end.

As with all faster drying adhesives there will be fumes and even though there are slight fumes with the extra strength flirties adhesive i dont have clients that suffer, I apply the sealant and ask them to keep eyes shut for a little while longer, while they are shut i tidy up, go over after care and ask them to sit up slowly before opening their eyes.

I ask them to open eyes once they are sat up for the reason that i wouldnt want anything to go into their eyes such as a little sealant etc

Do you use a sealant? When I have applied my last lash I comb through, wait a minute or two and apply sealant. Tidy my things while I'm waiting for that to dry then comb through again. My clients haven't experienced streaming eyes. I definitely think the sealant helps.

Another trainer actually recommended trying primer at the end in place of sealant. I have tried it a few times and it has worked out really well too.

Hi Lee-Ann, I've never used sealer at the end of the treatment, but I do prime before hand.
I'll try using primer at the end as well and see how that goes.
Thanks for the tip. Do you know what it is that using primer at the end does, or why it works?
Jen x

Well you sound like you're doing really well applying 90 and 110 in 3 hours, but just think what your time would be if you didn't keep stopping to check!

Why not get a friend you feel comfortable with, try your best to get every bottom lash covered, lash and don't stop until your finished. As it's your friend you will feel more relaxed and in control IF you did experience any issues. I'll bet you find there are none though as you sound like you're doing a brilliant job. :hug:

thank you for your encouragement! :D there's so so much to learn, i wouldn't of even known that most people don't keep asking their client to open their eyes to check if i hadn't posted on here so i'm really glad i did! :D there's def lots to be picked up isn't there?

when i had the slower flirties glue i'd read posts about how great it is compared to others and i just never got it - it didn't seem like anything special to me at all. the same with the faster glue i've been thinking to myself for the last week how can it be faster when it takes like the same time if not longer but duh it's no wonder now if you're not supposed to keep asking your client to open their eyes to check you haven't glued their eyes together! x

Hi Lee-Ann, I've never used sealer at the end of the treatment, but I do prime before hand.
I'll try using primer at the end as well and see how that goes.
Thanks for the tip. Do you know what it is that using primer at the end does, or why it works?
Jen x

I never use sealant either. I did to start with but i genuinely have not noticed any difference by not using it. The returns are the same so i just don't use it any more.

Latest posts

Back