face mask during pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
just done a little search on how many of us are wearing gloves whilst doing a pedicure and was surprised to see most of us preferr to go without.Anyway,how many of us out there are wearing a face mask during a pedicure?
i dont bother as i think it can either insult or put off the client,but believe me theres been many times when i wish i had!!!:lol:

hi
I definately have had times where I've needed some sort of mask!! But would definately not have, it would seem so rude!!!

Kirstie X

yeah! thats what i thought,but the beautician who i took over from apparently wore a mask and gloves so i then got alittle paranoid and started to think that maybe im not as professional as her!!!!!:cry:

Hands up i do not wear gloves (just give my hands a good scrub after), but if i start a pedicure and realise i need a mask (you know the clients i mean) i put one on and say
oops nearly forgot, it is part of health and safety, sorry but i have to wear one or i may get into trouble,
i have never had a complaint by doing it this way hth

I always wear gloves while doing a pedi, but not a mask. I did use a mask a couple times while I was recovering from a really bad lung injury; didn't want to breath in any bacteria.

Shiloh

we dont use gloves or masks at college, but I think I may use gloves when doing them mobile, I just imagine there is some horrible feet out there:irked:

not sure about the mask tho

Mask - no but gloves: yes yes yes!

I'd hope that most clients would have the courtesy to wash their feet before having a pedicure done! However, if faced with some particularly toxic feet, then surely the best thing to do is to wear gloves and a mask and cite "health and safety reasons" - that's usually a good excuse in today's litigation culture?

Alternatively, if you run a salon from home, buy a Pug dog to give you some advance warning. If your Pug runs towards your client to sniff their feet, you just *know* you need that face mask on lol...

Personally, I dont use gloves or a mask:)eek:) to do pedicures as a therapist. If you think of it, people with very awful feet wont come for a pedicure as they would be too embarassed.

Pedicures are one of those treatments that you either love or hate to do. There is no point doing it and squirming in front of the poor client throughout the treatment..... I would be very embarassed if someone had a mask and a pair of gloves on to do my pedicure if I went to a salon!

You would be surprised at how many clients turn up after a long day at work, take off their socks and boots or shoes and have not washed there feet,
toe jam city :eek:

You would be surprised at how many clients turn up after a long day at work, take off their socks and boots or shoes and have not washed there feet,
toe jam city :eek:

Definitely soak their feet before having a look at them then! :)

This is what im thinking to.

I always get the client to soak their feet for 5 mins before I even touch them so there is no way id need a mask, well I haven't yet in the 7 years since ive been doing beauty.

The only problem I can see with saying its for health and safety is if your client is a therapist or has had many pedicures at other salons they are going to see right through this ifykwim

Thinking back to when I used to get a pedicure done, that was the first thing that my therapist would always do - let my feet soak for a few minutes in warm water - which was also an ideal opportunity for her to exfoliate any dry skin too.

Then after that, she'd move on to filing my toenails etc...

So I guess that a soak at the beginning would make sense for any pedicure routine - as well as reducing any potential foot toxicity, it would also add value to the treatment received by the client.

Thinking back to when I used to get a pedicure done, that was the first thing that my therapist would always do - let my feet soak for a few minutes in warm water - which was also an ideal opportunity for her to exfoliate any dry skin too.

Then after that, she'd move on to filing my toenails etc...

So I guess that a soak at the beginning would make sense for any pedicure routine - as well as reducing any potential foot toxicity, it would also add value to the treatment received by the client.

I always thought that soaking a client's feet is a diplomatic way of getting rid of the full on odour of feet. The majority of feet smell or are dry including ours at times.... We just have to educate clients whilst we are doing pedicures.

Generally speaking, its a bit of a sore subject when Therapists complain about hating feet but still do pedicures...:)

we soak their feet in our training in college

Thats the first thing to do i dont touch anyones feet until soaked and i always add tea tree into the sudsy hot water.

Latest posts

Back