Face painting - training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterball

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can learn face painting in Scotland?

when i started face painting, i just did it.
i brought everything i knew from nail art and just painted.
just get good brushes, they don't have to be expensive.
you can buy face paints or, what i use, my acrylic craft paints i use for nail art.
just try it.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Many moons ago I used to work at Butlins holiday camp,and started to help the facepainter out when she was busy,it really is all about practise,get a few mates round for a laugh and have a face painting party!!! You can but books with picures of different faces in,try maybe copying them? have fun! xx

check out the snazaroo website it may help x x x

My next door neighbour is a face painter. I'll ask her for any tips next time I see her and pm you.

Thanks guys, I'll have a look for some face painting books, borrow my friends kids and start practicing! :)

hi ya do you not need to get insurance and a certificate to do kids face painting as I would like to add this to my parties but I dont know if by law you need to be certified to get insurance.:!:

hi ya do you not need to get insurance and a certificate to do kids face painting as I would like to add this to my parties but I dont know if by law you need to be certified to get insurance.:!:

Call your insurance people and ask them

You wont be able to get a reasonably priced insurance policy without a training certificate(ie professional beauty) but if you shop around you can get insurance (my friend did this but has to pay slightly higher premium) .

hi I am with the professional beauty and they said I do need a certificate before I can do face painting. I have emailed the face uk site but no one has got back to me yet. does anyone know where there is any training in cambridgeshire as all the sites I have gone on they are in bristol. which is to far to travel.

Im starting out face painting too! thought it would be an added extra to offer my clients with childrens partys even for weddings or school fayres etc. ive done no training but been on loads of websites and got different ideas im just going to download some and get practasing ive asked a friend if i can sit and do some at her daughters birthday party just to get the practice in. I will get insurance and also get police checked i think this is a must working with children. Ive purchased a starter kit from snazaroo and also bought some fake blood and putty and things to do gorey thing with incase any boys fancy having something done but dont fancy being a fairy!!!! im good at art but painting faces isnt as easy as it looks anyone know of any courses in the cheshire area? x

just keep practicing - you will get there in the end. My friend is excellent at art but at first she found face painting hard work but I have to say shes amazing now. She does free hand on kids arms as tattoos for kids who cant have faces painted.

And she absolutely loves it.

Not for me though.

In florida a few years ago at one of the parks my daughter had her face airbrushed, it was quick and really good, she also had a "tattoo" airbrushed on her arm, it was fab.

Trish :hug:

Hi , face painting comes under fantasy make up which is part of a theatrical and media make up course that you can do at your local college ,

its a very interesting course which involves special effects, make up for television and the camera ect

we used Grimas professional make up for lots of things like bruise palettes and nose putty, tuplast ect and grease paint for theatre,
and lighter make ups for television and camera work,

Grimas water based face make up is what we used for face painting its hypoallergenic and cames off with a damp flannel or baby wipe ,

you will need a special brush and sponge which is on the link below

here is a link 10 Colour Starter Kit - Grimas Face Paints - Face Paint, Brushes, Kits, Grimas:

this shop also sells Grimas face paints and also do face painting coarses

Footlights Dance & Stagewear
114 Victoria Road
CH45 2JF New Brighton
Tel: 0151 638 6868
Fax:
E-mail:
[email protected]
Dancewear & Stagewear from Footlights

Glitterball you could try here ;
The Big Top
26 Charing Cross Mansions St. Georges Road
G3 6UJ Glasgow
Tel: 0141 332 3300
Fax: 0141 332 3300
E-mail:
[email protected]
The Big Top Online Traditional and Wooden Toy Shop Glasgow Scotland UK from The Big Top

hope this helps :hug: x

Latest posts

Back