Facial Products - your favourites...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of looking for a range of facial products and would really like to hear your favourites...?

Thanks in advance

Hi hun

Are you looking for mobile or salon? We use matis in our salon and I cant get enough of it, fells great, smells great and always have excellent results.

If your looking for mobile then Eve taylor seems to be a popular choice, havnt used it myself so cant rally pass comment.

I'm mobile at the moment but in the process of looking for a property for a salon.

Thank you will definitely keep your recommendation in mine.

I love Darphin products and miss them now I'm not working in the salon. I use Proto-col now and their good, affordable product's and my clients love them as their natural and anti-aging. I also offer steam facial's for a deep cleansing.

If you don't mind me asking, What was the reason for not using Darphin outside the salon??

PURE FIJI is GORGEOUS:hug:

Proto-col all the way 4 me too xxxx
Matis is lovely but i find it expensive x

I would deffo use darphin outside the salon but it's too expensive and I have only just started working for myself. And Darphin won't supply if there is a salon within xxxx miles and I'm 0.5 miles away from a salon using Darphin

I use Decleor, which has been my favourite since I first used it in 1997!

I use Dermalogica. Trained with Darphin, Espa and Elemis, but even though I liked them, found Dermalogica easier to retail. Although market is saturated.....

Environ! Fansatic products which get real results. :)

darphin and dermalogica!
i hear collin is good 2

I love Dermalogica, dispite what people say about them, their products are amazing and I think they sell themselves. Training is fantastic and most of it's free. Such a shame they dont give mobile therapists accounts.
I wouldnt put nothing else on my face!
xxx

Wow well I have had a nice surprise today at how many people have mentioned Darphin.Usually I hear people on here saying they have never heard of Darphin:eek:I absolutely love it and have been using it for over 6 and a half years in the salon and on myself.Its always been big in France and London but sadly not used as much in other salon plus people seem to think they should only use the usual Dermologica etc when setting up a new salon. I have noticed it being advertised more and more in the beauty mags which is great.I think you have to have 2 treatment rooms or more to use Darphin(not 100% on this though)

If you want a cheap and cheerful product then go for something like Eve Taylor,the products are aromatherapy based like Darphin but much cheaper.They have great start up packages.

It would really depend on what you want from your products.Do you want an aromatherapy,natural type facial or were you thinking on something more specific for acne etc? There is a lot available and I would suggest that you go to the next professional beauty show,have a look round all the stands,get some advice and literature,know what you want to spend and do some research.Its important to know what you want,write yourself a list of want your wanting as when you go to the shows it can be overwhelming and you can be quickly persuaded that this is,'the one'when in fact it doesn't tick all of your boxes.

You could use 2 different brands.Darphin tends to aim towards the pampering,aroma type facial.Its important to offer as much as possible to suit all needs rather than just one so for me I would offer an aroma type facial(like Darphin)and a more clinical one like Demalogica,that way you get the best from both.HTH

people seem to think they should only use the usual Dermologica etc when setting up a new salon.

I agree. I think part of the reason is because it's what they use in most colleges for training. I've had work experience girls who've never heard of Guinot, Darphin, Decleor etc, which is plain ridiculous. When I was at college they used to tell you a little about each of the more established ranges & brands so that when you went out into the industry you were at least partially equipped with a little industry knowledge. Mind you, as I was interested in the industry I did a lot of my own research into different skincare houses anyway.

I agree. I think part of the reason is because it's what they use in most colleges for training. I've had work experience girls who've never heard of Guinot, Darphin, Decleor etc, which is plain ridiculous. When I was at college they used to tell you a little about each of the more established ranges & brands so that when you went out into the industry you were at least partially equipped with a little industry knowledge. Mind you, as I was interested in the industry I did a lot of my own research into different skincare houses anyway.
Lucky them in my day,we got to use a rubbishy brand called Skin Truth or something,also sorry for typo,I meant Dermalogica not dermo:eek:

I use Remy Laure - a fantastic french range available from Sparkle Cosmetics. It is a highly effective salon range but is also brilliant for retail. No minimum order, and Steph at Sparkle is really supportive. I am mobile and really glad I get to use such a luxurious range. Sure Sophie would send you some samples. www.sparklecosmetics.co.uk
:)

I use Moor Spa which are supposed to be all natural (I think) using natural spa water. They smell lovely and they don't have a start up minimum which was good for me as I only do this a tiny bit after work cos I love it. Have a look at their website www.moorspa.co.uk I love their stuff.

Lx

Lucky them in my day,we got to use a rubbishy brand called Skin Truth or something

When I was at college we cut our teeth with some cheap gunk in giant tubs that had a horrid yellowy colour & that smell of stale cream! Then when we were good enough we were allowed to use Sothy's (back when it had animal parts in it!), which was my college's professional brand at the time (it's now Dermalogica so I believe).

I use SwissDermyl and I'm very happy with it, as are my clients. I was lucky enough to visit the Sothys garden on my honeymoon last September and if I were to run two brands together I'd use Sothys.
For a 100% organic range I use Spiezia Organics which has won many awards, and rightly so!

Latest posts

Back