Facial reaction to Johnsons Baby Wipes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baby11

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have had a reaction to Johnsons baby wipes of all things! I used them before to freshen my face and it stung a little but it went within a few minutes.

Last night I was so tired I removed my makeup with the same baby wipes and got quite a bad reaction, my face stung, went really red and hot (like I had been sun burnt).

I went to bed thinking the redness would have gone down a lot by the morning, it was still there on my cheeks.
I washed this morning with simple water, and a cucumber facial lotion and it flared up again.

What should I do to help recovery?

Forgot to add my skin type is oily, very sensitive (by the look of things).
Thanks

Hey
Exactly the same thing happened to me!
I would suggest you visit the doctor after the Bank holiday - I couldnt as was away from home.
So I just washed my face with water and used a very basic moisturiser for a few days - that seemed to clear it up
Hope it clears up soon!
Makes you wonder what they do to babies, if they effect us like that!
xxx

I never knew Johnsons was such a terrible brand for skin!

I am being very basic with my routine and hopefully it will clear soon. Properly nothing else I can do really, I cant see the doc saying anything apart from what I am doing, but just wondered if there was anything else that I could do.

Oh well have to live with it for a bit.

Thanks

cold compressed would help make you feel more comfortable . do you have a pharmacy open near you today? maybe pop along and see if they can offer you any advice?

xxx

No the one I am near doesnt open today, I'll just live with it for a bit, be very gentle and hope it goes.

Thanks for advice.

ive had the stinging before but nothing more. i used them and then had a slight tingle after and was a little red. my eyes feel very sore after i use them. i wont be using these any more for definate.

try using a cold compress as tigi says or cooling lotion. cammomile maybe as this is good for sunburn, it may help.

I wouldn't actually wipe my baby's bum with these!

Cotton wool and cool water does the job.

Just have a look at the ingredients..

Ouch , yes they're so harsh on the skin, sensitises the skin even more if used on a regular basis
Perhaps use a cold compress to bring down inflammation then apply Aloe vera as a thick mask (with no tea tree)/ Beta Gel/ Lavendar drops into a base cream.....srry not any more help

I am with Zoe and prefer not to use them I always found them too strong for my children's bottoms.

I may be wrong here but I am sure that wipes contain a barrier cream hence why they are designed only for bottoms.

they are designed for a baby's bottom not facial use, hope you feel better soon.

I found they too strong as well. The moral of this story is though, if something stings your face, or anywhere else for that matter, once, then don't use it again! ;)

Believe me guys I will NOT be using these evil things ever again!

I have wore makeup all day (mineral foundation) and my face doesn't feel as hot so I am hoping it is kind of wearing off. I am going to use 100% pure shea butter tonight as thats cooling and with only one ingrediant I am sure I cant go wrong.

When my daughter was a baby i bought johnson's everything for her and her skin was always sore. When i took her to the doctors the dr said I was using the worst thing possible on her as although they were for babies it was so harsh. She now suffers with eczema and I wonder if the johnsons kicked it off

The problem about allergies and sensitive skin is that it can be triggered by anything. I am allergic to Kiwi fruit! Was fine with them until I had my son and now can't touch the stuff or anything it has touched so I can't just pick it out of fruit salads etc. Funnily enough my son is also allergic to it, we both swell up immediately and find it difficult to breathe. Quite scarey really.

We all know how to patch test in this business and it is not a bad idea to do this to ourselves when using anything new, even something 'natural' like Kiwi! ;)

they are designed for a baby's bottom not facial use, hope you feel better soon.

I think this qoute pretty much sums it up.

Im always astounded at how many people use baby wipes on their face as a matter of routine. At the end of the day no matter how gentle they claim to be they have to clean up some pretty nasty stuff !!! :biggrin:

Funnily enough when my baby was born I would only use eco friendly wipes that cost me a small fortune and after a couple of months he got really bad nappy rash. I tried EVERYTHING going to treat it with no joy then I just randomly started using Johnsons wipes and it literally went overnight :eek: The range I always swore id never buy is the one that I use everyday now !!

Hope your skin feels better soon if you have any pure aloe vera that is always good for soothing skin.

I have cleansed my face in the most basic way ever tonight and may do for a few days until I feel better about how my skin feels. I have used 100% pure shea butter on my face tonigh to sooth, just patted it on, no rubbing! I have some aloe vera from SBC and will try that soon.

And I know, I took a quick way and it didnt pay off! Wont be taking the quick way again, unless they are facial wipes! ;) but it wasn't just me who has done it if you read the replies I got. ;)

I know this is a few days old now and I've only just come across it, but PLEASE don't use baby wipes on your face. They are full of parabens, perfume and SLS which can strip away at your skin. I know of lots of people who use them as makeup removers.

If you want a gentle makeup remover then use jojoba oil to remove mascara and a mix of jojoba and aloe vera (2 aloe vera to 1 jojoba) whisk it up and then use this as cleanser. It is cheap to make and is really one of the most gentle cleansers you can have esp for sensitive skin.

I am now pleased to say my skin is on the road to a full recovery. Woohoo! x

Latest posts

Back