Facials - 10-15min break?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katykitten

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just out of curiousity, was just wondering what you all do during the 10-15mins the face mask is on during a facial treatment?

I always do a bit of a head or hand massage, but just got me thinking what you other geeks out there do........

hand massage, foot massage, that kind of thing.
what I do is ask my client what they would like, at the beginning. Sometimes they fall asleep and they don't want to be disturbed in that time! What I never do is leave them alone though. I stay in the room with them, and do a bit of tidying (quietly!) or preparing a home treatment sheet for them.
:)

Upper arm, decolletage, neck, scalp massage.

I ask at the beginning whether they'd like a scalp massage or hand & arm massage so they have hands on for the whole facial appointment.

Don't leave them, and don't tidy up either as I find no matter how quiet you are it can still be irritating for the client having the background noise.

I always ask them beforehand too! Normally its either a hand or foot massage, if they don't want anything I write up the aftercare and product recommendation sheet. (very quietly lol)!!

Hi Geeks

Just out of curiousity, was just wondering what you all do during the 10-15mins the face mask is on during a facial treatment?

I always do a bit of a head or hand massage, but just got me thinking what you other geeks out there do........

We use Swissdermyl - their masks are incredible but last longer than 15 minutes. We massage shoulders etc for 15 minutes then leave them with music for ther rest.

Works very well for us.

helen:rolleyes:

I just had a SwissDermyl client!
I asked her what she would like and she snored in reply, so I left her to it!
(I gave her a collagen veil with native DNA - her skin looked fantastic afterwards)

Hi

I just do a head massage while mask is on.

xxxx

Depends what the client wants...generally though, I perform my facial massage without much attention to the shoulders...then when my mask is on, I do a 10-15 minute shoulder massage on the client's knots. 2 in 1 treatment!

I never liked doing a foot massage with a facial...no matter how well I know I've washed my hands after touching their feet, it just feels wrong to me to go back and touch their face! Silly, I know!!

I would agree with bombalurine however, the idea of having a foot massage whilst waiting for the mask to set sounds good but could be a bit intrusive. I have a question to ask, do you have any treatments yourself or is it just work work work? because I have treatments and I find that a hand massage is less intrusive whilst the mask is setting. :)

I used to do a hand and arm massage, but where I am now leave the client with there mask while we do their face mapping chart (we use dermalogica) and put some samples together for them.

Hand & arm massage always got the thumbs up for me :green:

BUT if it was me having the treatment i would have a foot massage while my mask was on :lol:

At the beginning of the treatment I ask if they would like hand/arm or head massage. It's pretty much 50/50 but I have found that hairdressers seem to prefer the hand massage.:)

speaking from a client's POV I would really to have the choice, but I find most clients just like you to take control and do it all for them.

When I do a facial I do - as part of the treatment - a shoulder, neck, facial and scalp massage treatment AS PART OF THE FACIAL. All of it flows into each other and hopefully complements the whole experience.

Latest posts

Back