Fake Bake Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Have got a question for fake bake tanners, I usually use Tantrick but had been sent some samples from fake bake and as I have had a busy week and running low on Tantrick I thought I would get my business partner to spray me with the fake bake sample. I'm dark skinned (olive) and used the dark solution. Within about a minute I started turning horrendously orange and orange is no joke, it was streaky aswell ! I wheel spun my car all the way home to jump in the shower. Why would this happen, its not how it was applied because we have done tonnes of them this week and today with Tantrick solution ???

Have got a question for fake bake tanners, I usually use Tantrick but had been sent some samples from fake bake and as I have had a busy week and running low on Tantrick I thought I would get my business partner to spray me with the fake bake sample. I'm dark skinned (olive) and used the dark solution. Within about a minute I started turning horrendously orange and orange is no joke, it was streaky aswell ! I wheel spun my car all the way home to jump in the shower. Why would this happen, its not how it was applied because we have done tonnes of them this week and today with Tantrick solution ???

Do you know what the DHA % of the solution is???
What skin type are you?

I always go brown in the sun, I use tantrick 10 and 12% normally and AG. Because it was a sample bottle it just had a sticker on saying dark, flaming proper orange I was going, I could have auditioned as an oompalumpa, nextdoor neighbour was laughing his socks off when I got out of the car (for which he will pay for later !) lol

I always go brown in the sun, I use tantrick 10 and 12% normally and AG. Because it was a sample bottle it just had a sticker on saying dark, flaming proper orange I was going, I could have auditioned as an oompalumpa, nextdoor neighbour was laughing his socks off when I got out of the car (for which he will pay for later !) lol

Hi SAM,
going orange "om pa lump" is generally associated with DHA overload ...even if your dark skinned this can happen.
It really isn't the brands fault ...rather the reciprocate of the tan...I.E. the skin thats getting the tan.
maybe its worth just seeing if they do a lower % DHA content....trying to be positive for you on this :hug:

Erm, thanks Collin but think I will stick with what I know in the future !! Its funny today, but yesterday was like something from a comedy sketch, can you imagine if I'd done a paying customer - OMG !!

OMG youve put me off trying the sample i got!! I got 1 with dark on aswell but im v v pale, so if you went orange, wat would it do to me?? LOL
xxxxxx

mmmm, the answer to that is ........... I dont blerdy know hun lol !! I am honestly dark skinned, most people think I am italian, so gawd knows, not trying to put fake bake down but that is the scariest spray tan I've had xx

mmmm, the answer to that is ........... I dont blerdy know hun lol !! I am honestly dark skinned, most people think I am italian, so gawd knows, not trying to put fake bake down but that is the scariest spray tan I've had xx
Think id better give that sample away then
xxxx

How very unusual. I haven't heard of this happening before. The spa I worked for used Fake Bake and a few of the therapists used Fake Bake Dark and it was absolutely fine.

Could it just have been a problem with that batch? Have you spoken with the distributors? I wouldn't shy away from Fake Bake on the back of what could be an isolated issue. I'm a fan of Fake Bake - I think it's a great product and in my experience has always given a very natural tan colour.

How very unusual. I haven't heard of this happening before. The spa I worked for used Fake Bake and a few of the therapists used Fake Bake Dark and it was absolutely fine.

Could it just have been a problem with that batch? Have you spoken with the distributors? I wouldn't shy away from Fake Bake on the back of what could be an isolated issue. I'm a fan of Fake Bake - I think it's a great product and in my experience has always given a very natural tan colour.

Do you know, I think I will ask them, it was a sample. My prob is now I wouldnt dare try it again but I will ring them and just mention it. You never know it might have been a funny batch of samples or something (not good for them if it is I dont suppose though) xx

maybe contact them and explain what happened...if they send you out another sample you could try it on just your legs, that way if it goes funky you can just wear trousers til you can get it off!

Good idea, or perhaps spray someone I dont particularly care for (lol !!) xx

Hi I also use Fake bake to spray my clients with and havent had any problems so far. Im pale and strawberry blonde and use the dark on myself and It turn out a great clolour on me. Would give fake bake a call and ask for another tester and give it a try... xxx

hi well I had a fake bake tan yesterday and I look awful!!!!

I prept my skin before hand but today im ashamed to go out,

my hands are bright orange and patchy. my face looks patchy and the rest has all washed off in the shower even after leaving it on overnight.
what is left of it has some serious orange undertones??:eek:

I used the dark solution as and I have medium colour skin, very dark hair.

fake bake only comes in 2 colours 'origional' and 'dark' so im not sure what the DHA% is, does any one know??????

its put me off using fake bake now to be honest, going to have to wait till this dissapears and try siennax.

tantrick and celebrity secrets said they would send me sample but they still havnt arrived must contact them again I think.

Any ideas why this has happened???????

I use fake bake and it's never send anyone orange.
Fake bake original is 10% and the fake bake darker is 12% so if you've used 12% before then i don't understand. Maybe you had a dud sample:irked:

I have only had fake bake lotion used on me as a paying customer. I had the regular one fist but as you can see from my profile picture im not pale. I found the original one was good but I didnt look alot more tanned than I usually do. So I decided to have the dark one (big mistake) I did all the prep and after it finished developing (overnight) I was sooooo dark my boyfriend started calling me Bubbles from Little Britan (the one where she is on the sunbed too long) I was scrubbing it off in the shower but was still crazy dark. The was from a big bottle of lotion not a sample. I think it maybe cos they only offer two colours to suit all skin types. There are just too many people that fall in the between catagory.

Safe to say I will not have that done again. But now I am worried cos I want to look into offering clients tanning and it seems to be a minefield.

i have used fake bake for many years on myself before i started offering tanning and its always been ok. i have the fake bake solutions but i dont use them as i prefer the the sunlabs and tantrick autumn gold. i am quite fair and the sunlabs very dark is ok on me, not a streak or even slightly orange, only thing i have to be careful of are the hands, the autumn gold from tantrick is great on too. why not ask wow for samples and see for yourself. i fell in love with the autumn gold straight away. xx

hi well I had a fake bake tan yesterday and I look awful!!!!

I prept my skin before hand but today im ashamed to go out,

my hands are bright orange and patchy. my face looks patchy and the rest has all washed off in the shower even after leaving it on overnight.
what is left of it has some serious orange undertones??:eek:

I used the dark solution as and I have medium colour skin, very dark hair.

fake bake only comes in 2 colours 'origional' and 'dark' so im not sure what the DHA% is, does any one know??????

its put me off using fake bake now to be honest, going to have to wait till this dissapears and try siennax.

tantrick and celebrity secrets said they would send me sample but they still havnt arrived must contact them again I think.

Any ideas why this has happened???????

sorry guy's but im not entirley convinced the problem here is the solution itself...

If your hands are orange...me suspects this is an application problem rather than the solution itself.:hug:

I have 6 spray tans to do today and half of them want fake bake darker but i will have to see them first before i use it. I only use fake bake darker on people who are quite natuarally dark anyway. Looking at your profile pic i can see you are not pale but i wouldn't say you were were naturally dark so i would probably use fake bake original. I realise you have used this before but like someone said there really isn't much choice with fake bake so i would probably sugest using another solution. I have coco bay and celebrity secrets and siennasol too as it gives people a much better variety. I will get round to trying tantrick one day so if anyone wants to send me a sample!:)

Latest posts

Back