Fake Bake Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Fake Bake spray tanner and am horrified at some of these comments. Most of my clients prefer the Fake Bake Darker (I use 3 times as much Darker than Original) and I am positive that there must be something wrong because the colour guide on both strengths is absolutely, definitely not orange. I've had some great feedback from new clients recently and have got some great reviews on my on-line advertising, all Fake Bake sprayed clients. Please call Fake Bake direct on 0870 054 4455. There might just have been some fluke problem with the sample they sent you and I urge you to give it another go!!

sorry guy's but im not entirley convinced the problem here is the solution itself...

If your hands are orange...me suspects this is an application problem rather than the solution itself.:hug:

It could be my boss sprayed me with solution from large bottle not sample so deffo not fluke,

if it was the application what do you think she did wrong???

It could be my boss sprayed me with solution from large bottle not sample so deffo not fluke,

if it was the application what do you think she did wrong???

Does your boss normally do the spray tans at the salon???

The clue is in your hands..if their orange then either she has sprayed your hands to much ..(which indicates poor aplication possibilities to the other areas you have problems with) or you have inadvertantly touched yourself during the night while the tan was developing.

Has anyone else been sprayed with the same solution as you had and who did the applications..were there any problems with these?

I usually do any spray tans and have had no complaints, but my boss was trained 3 years ago same time as me and has only just started doing them again where as i'v done a lot so maybe it is just inexperience.
She has deffo oversprayed my hands I looked like I'v been tangoed:lol:

im just about to spray my friend with the siennax sample I just recieved so hope all goes well.

first im off to read the spray tan tutorial.

thanks all x

I usually do any spray tans and have had no complaints, but my boss was trained 3 years ago same time as me and has only just started doing them again where as i'v done a lot so maybe it is just inexperience.
She has deffo oversprayed my hands I looked like I'v been tangoed:lol:

im just about to spray my friend with the siennax sample I just recieved so hope all goes well.

first im off to read the spray tan tutorial.

thanks all x

just a suggestion...why dont you try and spray someone with the fake bake solution to satisfy your mind that the problem was in fact not with the solution :hug:

I use both Tantrick and Fake Bake sprays in the salon.
I'm naturaly pale but in the interests of research :lol: I've been sprayed with Tantrick 8%,10% and 12%, Fake Bake origional and dark.
I've never had a complaint from clients and I've never had a problem with going orange with any of them.

Personally I perfer tantrick for myself as I've found it lasts beter for me and fades more evenly.Some clients have comented on this aswell.

Don't give up on fake bake!!!! I did my training with fake bake on tuesday.. Im pale skined, blonde hair, blue eyes and my coloured developed like carmel on her wedding day (Hollyoaks).. My boss was in a bad mood and burst out laughing when he saw me, I was turning browner by the minute..

In the fake bake aftercare advice, you let the tan devlop for 6/8 hours.. I waited 7 hours, had a shower with warm water, gentle pressure and I was beautifully tanned and streak free!! It has lasted 3 days so far and Im very satisfied!!

We did spray tanning (original) and I would highly reccomend fake bake!! If you attended your training courses with fake bake they teach you about the developing times, aftercare and product knowledge.. If you havn't already attended a fake bake training course i would recommend you do so as its not very fair to judge a company if you havn't been taught by them and are not qualified to use their equipment!!

I didn't mean to sound as though I was judging the company, I was just quiering why I had gone orange as in was it the application or the % I used for my skin.
Anyway im going to go for application because I have spray tanned others with fake bake with no bother.

I used the sienna sample tonight on my friend and loved it, the guide colour was perfection, just have to wait and see what the morning brings :lol:

Does your boss normally do the spray tans at the salon???

The clue is in your hands..if their orange then either she has sprayed your hands to much ..(which indicates poor aplication possibilities to the other areas you have problems with) or you have inadvertantly touched yourself during the night while the tan was developing.

Has anyone else been sprayed with the same solution as you had and who did the applications..were there any problems with these?

Hi Collin, the thing with Fake Bake is it stains like mad. You only have to get one tiny drip on yor hand and thats it it's not coming off so I think you may be right. It is possible the hands may have touched the skin in the night and turned them orange .
I think Fake Bake is like marmite, you either love it or hate it :hug: xxx

I think Fake Bake is like marmite, you either love it or hate it :hug: xxx

mmmmmm yum yum yum my favorite on fresh bread :lol::lol:

sorry guy's but im not entirley convinced the problem here is the solution itself...

If your hands are orange...me suspects this is an application problem rather than the solution itself.:hug:

I tend to agree with that statement.

I've used Fake Bake for 4 years and love it. I've also got Tantrick, so I feel that I can give an unbiased opinion.
For the first year I used a compressor with a spray gun, but found that since I switched to a HVLP machine I'm using a lot less lotion and getting much better results i.e. more natural looking hand and heel areas etc.

I'd ask for another sample and let them know of your concerns. It's in Fake Bake's interest to impress you, not put you off.:irked:

My friend used to go to a salon where they used Fake Bake all the time (spray tan) and she always looked lovely.
I use Sienna X and now spray her and she prefers it as she can go out in the guide colour without looking a bit silly.

However the Fake Bake always looked good after washing and never orange.

Latest posts

Back