Fake Shellac! This is driving me mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely agree Syncage..time is better spent concentrating on the positives and not worrying about pretenders.

The CND Shellac certified Salon programme has rolled out here in Ireland and I'm delighted to see so many have already signed up for it.

I am very proud to say that my salon is now certified and my clients are assured that the CND Shellac service they receive from me has CND's official seal of approval.

The general public will soon be made aware of what to look out for when they go to the salon for a CND Shellac manicure and it will stop all the "pretenders" out there from fooling their unsuspecting clients. :biggrin:

Shellac is the type of product and not a brand just like Cola is a type of drink and you get multiple brands such as Coke and Pepsi.

CND hold the trademark to the term "CND Shellac" however they do not nor will they ever be able to register the trademark to the term Shellac as it is a type of product and not a brand.

Bluesky Shellac is a lower cost brand of Shellac.

I totally disagree.
CND used a common word to name their product, that is the problem. Bluesky is fake, they use the name, the bottles, the design of labels - all as similar to CND's product as possible. They counterfeit Gelish as well, they copy bottles, label's design. Their intention is to sell it as CND Shellac, as Harmony Gelish, to fool people.
Somehow I do not see anyone saying, that Gelcolor, Gelish, Gel FX, Geleration and dozens of other products are knock-off Shellac. Why?

And I do not recognize "shellac" type of products, as Shellac is actually one of a kind - none of other products is a mix of polish and gel, all others we refer to as "UV polish" it is easiest for customers. Even if some people are naming all gel polishes "shellac", does not make it true. They simply make mistake, it is like in Poland all kinds of sport shoes are called "adidas", even if it is Puma, Nike or any other brand.

What a great video- clever you!!!!! (didn't notice any mistakes, and that was with looking for them too lol) xx

Great video didn't notice any mistakes either lol :)

Please explain to me exactly what is the difference between CND and other brands?

A bottle of gel polish is not worth $20 and people will come to understand it sooner or later. A lot of salons are going to want better pricing to help them be more profitable. Do you understand what process of manufacturing gel polish is?

Whilst you are correct that the constituent ingredients in a bottle of gel polish do not equal the retail price that is not the only value you are buying. You are paying for the years of R&D it took to develop the product, the distribution network and supporting education, and the ongoing marketing to raise public awareness and bring clients to your salon and a whole lot more. You don't get any of that with a cheap brand - they just ride o the coattails of CND. Without CND the cheap product wouldn't even exist.

:confused:I have been using CND Shellac for over 12 months. I have recently purchased a colour & top coat but instead of the bottle being the same colour as the polish (Tropix) it is a white bottle with a Tropix coloured label covering it from the bottle neck to the base, the white bottle can be seen underneath. As for the Top Coat the bottle is covered the same & the gold Top Coat label looks like its been lazered on. I have always bought genuine CND Shellac polish which have had CND Shellac stickers on the front back, not plastic type coverings.:confused:

Where on earth did u but that from? X

It is also really important that we educate our clients in this issue!

I created this page on my website for that very reason: Beware Fake Shellac

Mat

:confused:I have been using CND Shellac for over 12 months. I have recently purchased a colour & top coat but instead of the bottle being the same colour as the polish (Tropix) it is a white bottle with a Tropix coloured label covering it from the bottle neck to the base, the white bottle can be seen underneath. As for the Top Coat the bottle is covered the same & the gold Top Coat label looks like its been lazered on. I have always bought genuine CND Shellac polish which have had CND Shellac stickers on the front back, not plastic type coverings.:confused:

Have you bought this and your previous shellac from an authorized cnd distributor??

i have never seen bottles or labels like this and it's screaming fake to me. cnd color dips their shellac bottles so that their true to the polish inside, never a sticker and i know becasue my color has chipped off my wildfire and the bottle is black underneath.

I just seen advertised on gumtree someone in Birmingham offering "Shellac nails with design" for £6!!

I very much doubt at that price it is genuine CND Shellac, but even if it is bluesky or some other cheaper version how can you even begin to cover your costs for that!

Madness!!

It is also really important that we educate our clients in this issue!

I created this page on my website for that very reason: Beware Fake Shellac

Mat

Mat, do u mind me asking how you set up the page that details which shellac colours you currently stock? (where you hover over name for description) it's quite impressive :)

Latest posts

Back