fed up with cutting most of tip off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cut or not to cut

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fingertips ND said:
I had a client the other night that said 'can't you re-use those, what a waste' then she continued to say 'wouldn't it be good if you could turn it upside down and use the other end for another nail'.

I have never done a set of extensions on someone that had them long.

If you think about it - if we bought shorter tips, it would cost us less and you could fit mor ein a box!

Why can't we? If you can buy well-less tips, what's the difference?
Has anyone tried this?

I think that cos the tip gets narrower and has the c curve it wouldn't work Kimmi...i think it would be too narrow and wouldn't sit on the nail right. But then hey what do I know about anything....except shoes...ask me anything about shoes....lol

I kid you not i was once asked by a client if she still had to pay full price when she was only having a quarter of the tip...i was lost for words and that doesn't happen often !!!! lmao xxxxxx

NailStyle said:
But then hey what do I know about anything....except shoes...ask me anything about shoes....lol

Well you can ask me anything about shoes too.........well my daughter Amy actually. She's at uni taking a degree in show design. How cool is that?

Sassy #1 said:
It took me a long time to realise one of the main benefits for starting with a long tip. If they were short I'd end up going home with the client because I'd be glued solid to her!

HAHAHA!!! i've done that a gillion times! i've even glued myself together, and once, i glued my finger to my knee... don't ask!!!

since a tip is just the foundation of the nail... i'd love to find a tip that's super thin. i've not seen raptor tips around here, but i'd be willing to give them a shot!

geeg said:
Well it started out as a bit of fun, but too many people got excited about it which means they really don't understand why the tips are created the length they are? Hmm? :)

As has been said, the technician NEEDS the length because it is for him/her to place the tip, get the correct pressure for it to adhere and then customize it to the client's wishes.

If short tips worked, we've had over 25 years to produce them.

Then everyone would be moaning that they had to buy so many different styles to accommodate all their clients wishes and ... "isn't it just typical of the greedy manufacturers .... why can't they just make a long tip that we can customize ourselves"???

Ha ha. Apparently my (I thought amusing - well it made me laugh anyway) comment has been considered by one as snappy and intolerant!! Of course the person didn't leave a name and it is obvious they do not know me at all but I'll say again ... Can one ever win?? :green:

healthy discussion is good, healthy debate is good... if people are being free and easy with neg rep it's a poor show... i can't risk mentioning the 'r' word again or GMG will slap a months ban on me and take a few of my points away too :rolleyes: pmsl

Latest posts

Back