fed up with cutting most of tip off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cut or not to cut

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jac extreme

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am sure I am not alone in this (god I hope not) and I know its probably lazy, but Iwish somone would make a tip that was of average length, so that you would not have to cut it and?or shape it, just a regualr shortish square would be fine. what do you think, oh sorry, pre blended would be nice too:lol: am I being to picky?

Oh I am all for that idea Jac, Anything to make life a tad easier :cool:

Me too, it seems such a waste, and whenever i use tips (which isnt that often as i tend to sculpt mainly), my clients always say the same. They say "cant you re-use the bit you've cut off", bless, they have no idea!!

I would like them if different forms ie round or square

yeah true deanina, but most clients, at least mine always say shortish and square.

jac extreme said:
yeah true deanina, but most clients, at least mine always say shortish and square.

I want my own nails to be almond but I make such a pigs ear of it that they look like pooh

True, square is easier than almond. ok we want square and almond, whover comes up with these could make a killing:cool:

jac extreme said:
True, square is easier than almond. ok we want square and almond, whover comes up with these could make a killing:cool:

Are there any tip manufactors on this site, if so listen to or pleas, please

jac extreme said:
I feel like I am in a scene from the life of brian. "WHAT DID THE ROMANS EVER DO FOR US"

Ooops lost me there, sorry never watched it

I voted cut yourself as I think some people like the longer length and I think it would be a very expensive invention, tips of different lengths that is, what if your clients never go for the average length and you spend say £39.00 per box of tips ..... don't see the logic, call me weird or backwards, talk to me about preblended tips, now we have an invention and a half :D

xxxx

gotta say Rose 95% of my clients (thats one by the way,, JOKE) wants short and square, same length and style. pre blended I mean like raptor, come on you must have heard of them.

My clients always say "ohh what a waste , cant you use the rest of the tip instead of chucking it away" what about having the same size tips but having a well at each side, so you could use 1 side flip it over and use the other end!! ermm probley not gonna happen, but.....just an idea lol!!!

It took me a long time to realise one of the main benefits for starting with a long tip. If they were short I'd end up going home with the client because I'd be glued solid to her!

true sassy lol and the length also helps you to get the right pressure/leverage/angle to ensure a good snug fit..I know what you mean tho Jac and yes I am forever getting clients asking me why i can't use the bits I have cut off lol

Sassy you have a valid point.
Sassy #1 said:
It took me a long time to realise one of the main benefits for starting with a long tip. If they were short I'd end up going home with the client because I'd be glued solid to her!

I use the cut off ends of tips to practise my smile lines on or test out colour mixes on. Then I can use these as 'colour samples' to show clients what colours and glitters I offer.

Plenty of use for 'em ;)

LayStar said:
I use the cut off ends of tips to practise my smile lines on or test out colour mixes on. Then I can use these as 'colour samples' to show clients what colours and glitters I offer.

Plenty of use for 'em ;)

Wow that's a good idea.

I had a client the other night that said 'can't you re-use those, what a waste' then she continued to say 'wouldn't it be good if you could turn it upside down and use the other end for another nail'.

I have never done a set of extensions on someone that had them long.

If you think about it - if we bought shorter tips, it would cost us less and you could fit mor ein a box!

well I'll be........

Latest posts

Back