Feeling very flat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi all i am feeling very disheartened about everything . I have done a small leaflet drop( couldn't afford a big one) and I have randomly given out my buisness cards and even tryed to give incentive to exsisting clients but I dont seem to be able to get any new client and when i speak to friends the seem to be doing quite well, with nails and waxing. I feel like this is not going to be my year and you may say well thankfully its nearly over , but i just cant undersand why I cant seem to attracted new clients i am starting to question myself do I think i am ok when really im not ? But then i do have some regulars so i then think i must be doing something right and then there was when i worked in the salon the clients were happy and i do think i have come on along way since then but just am not getting anywere with building my mobile business . I just dont know what is best to do or which way to go with this anymore, its so hard i cant advertise as i cant afford to and if i had more clients then i would have more money and then could afford to advertise and thu get more clients.How do you know if the nails you do are any good ? I would like to do more course but then i think if i do more course are they going to make me any money and add to my skill or am i just wasting money ? I try to offer differnt thing with the nails and most of my clients do not have p+w they like to have differnt clour tips and they always say that people omment on how mnice their nails are and ask question about how they are done but I never have anymore clients and they seem happy with the nails so am i offering to much choicee and should i keep it simple I just thought that if I could offer something that not many other people were then that could make me stand out from everyone else. i just wish to be successful with the nails and the waxing as i really enjoy doing this line of work.. sorry its so long but need that .

Hi,
sorry to hear you feeling low. Have a look on the 'Biz Geek' forum, there is loads of threads on there to help boost business from ideas like client loyalty cards to webpages......

Don't get too down :)

Debs
x

dont be too disheartened flower, we are all feeling the pinch at the moment. i just think that peeps would rather spend their cash on "essentials" rather than "wants". BIG advertising doesnt ALWAYS work either, just keep going and im sure things will turn around for you. dont give up flower xx

Awwww hun, have a :hug:, as said before times are hard for a lot of people but you trained with a fantastic company and I am thinking that even doing a one to one or another class will give you the boost and the oomph that you are needing, Creative educators seem to pass their enthusiasm on I swear.

Try not to get too disheartened. Onwards and upwards. :hug:

well, one thing you could consider doing is using your existing clients to bring you in business by offering them a discount for every friend they introduce to you?

pink has some good advice there, trawl through and see what intrigues you.

Glynis is right, advertising is not the only answer. You can do lots of marketing that costs very little, you just need some imagination and some time.

Everyone has a crisis of confidence and doubts themselves, but what you need to remember is that you are the expert in what you do.

Im a marketeer by trade and would suggest that you could do many things but here are a few to get your imagination flowing.

1. offer incentives to your existing clients
2. call your local paper and ask them if they have any free slots you could be considered for?
3. call your local school. would they like you to come and do some nail art in exchange for giving out your business cards?
4. call your local college, sdk them if they would like you to go in and chat to beauty students abou the real world out there? or do they have a business dept and would they like a guest speaker?
5. list 10 shops in your area that you can go and leave your business cards in?

all those are free to do in a sense, and i bet you can think of at least 20 others. there is no right or wrong in makreting do what feels right for you and give it all a go, what do you have to lose?

good luck

tigi

Hi, i agree with all of the replies and agree that we are all feeling the pinch at the mo, I am having a quieter xmas...but that then gives you time to think about next year and what you plan on doing with your business in the next 12 months:hug:. I have been doing nails for 10 years and believe me we all go through stages like this.

mart

hi hon
sorry to hear you feel this way.. i am quite new to the business but have a good client base so far, what i do is when im out shopping etc and i am talking to the sales clerk etc i always bring up that im a nail tech and they usually they ask for my card, i also have couple of friends who for some reason dont want to get there nails done so what i do is offer to do the first set for free and they always come back! also a good idea is go to your local hairdressers, bank etc anywhere that there is alot of women working and offer to do a set for one of them for free on the promise that they give out your cards for you.. just a few ideas hope they are some help to you babe xx

maybe you could put some pictures of your business cards and leaflets on here we could take a look at them for you, all businesses are struggling so making alliances with other local businesses should help. are you product qualified or nvq, itec, vtct???

Hy Danni

I to am mobile & am struggling, however I printed all my own leaflets on lovely texured card from the paper mill (£4.99 for a box) I went round all the hairdressers that didnt do beauty, flower shops, travel agents & attached a small prefix explaining for every client who recommends another, she can have any treatment for a set cost, its like a domino effect & now Im booming.... try that hun... people love something for free or discount.... so in order to get that they have to recommend a new client to me... works a treat..

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa
Creative & Tantrick Lover

I just started working in a salon and I am having to build up a clientele from scratch which I know isn't going to be easy. But the salon that I work in has a great thing going that you might be able to use. They have referral cards that they hand out to their clients, friends, etc and they in turn refer others to a particular stylist and when that stylist gets 5 referral cards back with the same name on them, that person gets a free haircut.

Right now to try and help get clients in my chair I am offering nail services at 25% off and I'm thinking of other ways to try and boost my clientele. Websites aren't very expensive to get started these days, even if it's starting a page on MySpace or Facebook to start with. I was thinking of getting some vinyl lettering cut out for the back window of my car or maybe some magnetic door signs.

I hope I've helped spark an idea or two.

Thanks everyone , there are some really good idears in the posts and I will certainly be try them. I really appreshate all your comment but can i ask do you think it is best to mainly only offer P+W or should i still try and offer different things just never to sure if you give to many choices then that may put people off?

Latest posts

Back