Filters...do they really work???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailz666

Reaction score
I bought a dest top air filter and I am not sure but I think more dust settles on top of it rather than flitlers through it. This thing cost nearly £80, have I wasted my money? I did some reasearch a while back on filters, whilst I was pregnant and came up with the fact that they just take in large particles and spread the finer ones around. Anyone else have any views on this???

I had a desk top one - think it's called the fuminator - and was amazed at how much dust it pulled in. I now have a nail station with an air filter, and it sucks up even more, it's scary to think I used to be breathing all that dust in, and still worry that it's not taking out the finer dust particles.

I guess the best solution is to wear a mask, but I just feel too uncomfortable wearing one, just looks a bit odd (I know my lungs are more important but just can't get my head round it).

It depends on the system. Extraction ventilation is the way to go. It is also the most expensive, but it does work. No price for good health.

But you can do allot to help yourself!! Work towards a goal of not making allot of dust in the first place and hey presto .... your potential problems are reduced by a huge percent.

HOW?

Make the perfect nail with your brush first, and filing is minimal (been teaching this mind set for 18 years now)!!

If you are creating allot of dust as an amateur, then apply some oil to the surface before filing and that will 'lay' the airborn dust to a great degree as well as being good for the enhancement.

Would applying oil work when buffing off Brisa enhancements too, Gigi?

Excellent - thanks!

Latest posts

Back