Finally... I can sleep easily!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fake it...

Reaction score
Well Geeks!
The day has finally arrived, after 17yrs in the business, X amount of pounds spent on training, the hours spent watching people like Samuel Sweet at trade shows, the months and years of clients and l&p treatments carried out, the piles of Scratch and Pro Nail Mags bought, I can safely say that it was all worthless... My education has been updated, finished off and full stopped by the new client that I had at 9am this morning.
She who "trained in acrylics" 32 yrs ago... In the local chemist... Yes, you heard me, the pharmacy, has explained the fundamentals, benefits and DANGERS of acrylics versus gels!!!

1. The gel lamp causes skin cancer as they are the same as sunbeds.

2. The acrylic that was applied to her nails 32 yrs ago is still attached to some of her nails, the ones that are free from it are the ones that break.

3. Did I realise that the fumes from the acrylic that I was using were harming my unborn baby as they are toxic?

4. Your nails only grow under gel and not acrylic (see point 2 for contradiction)

5. The eponychium isn't anything to do with your nails... You are confusing nails with hair.

6. Bluesky Shellac is by far the best... Everyone's buying it on EBay.

7. She is highly allergic to gel (confessed 1/2 way through applying l&p)

8. Nail qualifications these days aren't worth the paper that they are written on. I buy all of my stuff from Sally's and they've never once asked for my certificate.

9. Acrylic let's your nails breathe, gel doesn't.

So people, after trying to explain in depth that acrylic and gel are the same thing, that the eponychium is in fact found in the nail area and that I thought that it was her who was confusing the eponychium with cuticle which is also hair related, after reading a post from Geeg on SG regarding the whole acrylic/gel matter she replied that all of points the above "was told by a person who actually teaches nails."
It was then that I realised that I was actually fighting a loosing battle and sadly, I gave up... Feel like I've let the side down a little but please find it in your Geeky hearts to forgive me.

I normally have no qualms in championing the science behind such questions/queries, I truly am a nail geek to my very bones but I lost the will to live with this one.

I'm strangely hoping that she comes back in 3 weeks though with more insights, it's just reassuring to know that even after 17 yrs it's still possible to learn!

Have a good day Geeks, as I now know it all I sure will.
xx

Ps. All products and training are CND and bought through either S2 or the training academy shop in Leigh, Manchester!

Ignore the ignorant.

Lately, the news regarding nail services has not been favorable. We must educate our clients. IF they choose not to believe us but believe the scaremongerers, then so be it.

All we can do is the best we can, keep educating ourselves and continue doing what we love to do.

:hug:

Well Geeks!
The day has finally arrived, after 17yrs in the business, X amount of pounds spent on training, the hours spent watching people like Samuel Sweet at trade shows, the months and years of clients and l&p treatments carried out, the piles of Scratch and Pro Nail Mags bought, I can safely say that it was all worthless... My education has been updated, finished off and full stopped by the new client that I had at 9am this morning.
She who "trained in acrylics" 32 yrs ago... In the local chemist... Yes, you heard me, the pharmacy, has explained the fundamentals, benefits and DANGERS of acrylics versus gels!!!

1. The gel lamp causes skin cancer as they are the same as sunbeds.

2. The acrylic that was applied to her nails 32 yrs ago is still attached to some of her nails, the ones that are free from it are the ones that break.

3. Did I realise that the fumes from the acrylic that I was using were harming my unborn baby as they are toxic?

4. Your nails only grow under gel and not acrylic (see point 2 for contradiction)

5. The eponychium isn't anything to do with your nails... You are confusing nails with hair.

6. Bluesky Shellac is by far the best... Everyone's buying it on EBay.

7. She is highly allergic to gel (confessed 1/2 way through applying l&p)

8. Nail qualifications these days aren't worth the paper that they are written on. I buy all of my stuff from Sally's and they've never once asked for my certificate.

9. Acrylic let's your nails breathe, gel doesn't.

So people, after trying to explain in depth that acrylic and gel are the same thing, that the eponychium is in fact found in the nail area and that I thought that it was her who was confusing the eponychium with cuticle which is also hair related, after reading a post from Geeg on SG regarding the whole acrylic/gel matter she replied that all of points the above "was told by a person who actually teaches nails."
It was then that I realised that I was actually fighting a loosing battle and sadly, I gave up... Feel like I've let the side down a little but please find it in your Geeky hearts to forgive me.

I normally have no qualms in championing the science behind such questions/queries, I truly am a nail geek to my very bones but I lost the will to live with this one.

I'm strangely hoping that she comes back in 3 weeks though with more insights, it's just reassuring to know that even after 17 yrs it's still possible to learn!

Have a good day Geeks, as I now know it all I sure will.
xx

Forgiven - sounds like a total nightmare client :eek:

Wont it be great when she returns with regrowth ? :lol:

IMHO there is no amount of money that would let this person back at my table. Kudos to you for not throttling her!

I'm so sorry but I couldn't help but laugh!
Good on you for trying to explain the Nail Industry Truth to the non educated and disbelievers!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2r0ccp
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am always puzzled by these 'highly trained' amateurs why they bother turning up to a someone like yourself.:eek: Maybe she needs to spread the word about how mis-informed we all are.:wink2:

I almost had a "life changing rebirthing experience " just reading that info. I cant imagine sitting there and listening to it?? What a mess... :smack:
You did good not to laugh in her face!

So thats where I have been going wrong then,,,,, quick let me have her details maybe she can offer me some "much needed" training. (Tongue in cheek) Bless, you have to laugh. Some of them you just cant blame for being "disadvantaged" LOL

Oh, don't get me wrong I was highly amused, she said it all in such a way that I think she felt that she was opening my poor blinkered eyes to the nasties of, well I don't really know what.
It's just sometimes easier to admit defeat and move on... Fast!

I did wonder how my clients were all coming out from under my Brisa lamp with brown hands though!!!
Laugh out loud x

WOW!!! She'll be back for a retouch if they let her out of the Looney bin for the appointment??? Not being disrespectful the comments are just so all over the place?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the post oh god what was is. 'ping pong shim shong' and it's nothin like that lol but we all listed the newest amazing products like drying your nails in a waffle maker ect. Come on someone help me out Im sounding like a looney!! Even someone's knickers had a part in it eek!

Anyway what I meant to say was it sounds like she has been reading it and 'took it all in and learnt from there'
:)
Hugs
Vicki xx

thank you, I just realised that i should start discounting my spray tan for clients that have tanned hands from the nail light!! I'll use less solution because their hands are so dark! wow!!

She was a Market researcher too. Don't know if that should actually make any difference but I feel like it should.

Ps, can anyone help Vicki out? Dying to read that lot x

That is hilarious! The poor lack of intelligence this woman clearly has can only make me think that shes not mentally all there!!! She seems to love to contradict herself too!! Bless her lol... Some people hahaha.... And,,, after all that she still had her nails done anyway :p:D Good luck with her on her return!!!!

Fake, I'm really glad you managed to finish your nail education - I'm just a bit disappointed that it's taken so long.

It can be quite funny at times but yea, you kinda wonder why they're coming to pay you to, well, 'ruin' their nails if they're so capable :lol:

p.s. Ladies.... ping pong schming schmong

i think her sister lives up the road from me. the doctors said they'll up her meds soon.

Oh this has made my day! Some 'real' top tips here!

Lillian x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back