first complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntsally

Reaction score
Hi I had my first complaint today I did a set of acrylic nails this morning at ten on a girl who is a nail biter, and everything went fine, and she was very pleased with the results. I did everything I usually do, didn't miss anything out and at four this evening the girl rings to tell me that her nails have been removed and redone by another shop because they were chipping and lifting at the cuticles.

She came to me because she had not been happy with her last nail tech ,and had been to complain several times in her shop, . I told her she should have rung me and I would have come back and looked at them, and would've sorted them out, or given her a refund ,but as she has already had them removed, it would've been hard for me to see what had gone wrong.

I offered to come round the next day to see her and sort out some sort off refund or for me to do her a new set , which she replied she didnt want me to do that as she would not be in for the next few days, so I asked her to call me when she would be in then I would sort something out.

She rang me back ten mins after to say she wanted a full refund and she had not really had them removed and redone. When will i drop her money off so I said I would like to look at them first. She replied I could go tomorrow and leave the refund at her house with her mum at lunch she might be in she might not.

Please tell me what I should do, as this has not happened to me before could this have happened in about four hours? Chipping and lifting ,would you give a refund or a new set? I realy feel terrible and my confidence has gone out the window, sorry for such a big thread but dont no what to do thanks in advance

She sounds like she wants her nails done for free.
She has to let you see her nails to see what the problem is but as she has already lied to you, I personally wouldn't give her the benefit of the doubt.
I would tell her that as she has lied to you and you have not seen her nails then you cannot give a refund and you will not be needing her business again.
She's trying it on.
If you took a jumper back to M&S and said it was faulty can I have my money back what would happen if you said "I'm not showing you the jumper though".:rolleyes:
Business like this you can do without.

I would insist on seeing them before I would do anything! I wouldnt want to give a refund without first seeing the evidence.

Stick to your guns - you have been in this business for 4 years so if you were doing anything wrong you would have had complaints before! Have faith in yourself!

p.s. - try and type you threads with paragraphs and full stops. you may get more of a reply as it is quite difficult to understand your issue if it is all in one paragraph. Please dont take offence at this. :hug:

Good luck

You do not give this a girl a refund without looking at her nails first, she could be lying to you.

Then you assess them and if you feel it neccessary you can then offer a refund etc.

She has already proved herself to be a liar by telling you that she had them removed and she hasn't.

Tell her it will be in HER best interest to see you asap! Also let her know that YOU WILL KNOW whether she has been picking, biting etc and if this is the case you will not refund her.

Stand your ground mate, people will try and take the pee.

HTH Teri x:hug:

its all sounds a bit dodgy to me

check out the nails first and then decide if she deserves a refund

but in my opinion its sounds as if she is trying it on

hope you get it sorted

I agree with all the other replies to your situation, she is at it, why would she tell you she had them re-done and then admit that she hadn't?
Personally I would not go round there, if she has an issue she should certainly come back to you.

thankyou for your advise ,i will look at them tomorrow, before i refund her i dont no why she told me that she had taken them ,off couldnt work out why she would do that she did seem to complain alot about other places she had gone in the past, and told me she had never had a set of nails that had lasted a week, she did also tel me she did pick at them when she had them done by the other girl ,just has got me so worried that ive done something wrong, and starts complaining about me to the next tec she goes to .thanks again for your advise

thankyou for your advise ,i will look at them tomorrow, before i refund her i dont no why she told me that she had taken them ,off couldnt work out why she would do that she did seem to complain alot about other places she had gone in the past, and told me she had never had a set of nails that had lasted a week, she did also tel me she did pick at them when she had them done by the other girl ,just has got me so worried that ive done something wrong, and starts complaining about me to the next tec she goes to .thanks again for your advise

I bet this client has tried it on with all techs that are local to you! I would forget about her and concentrate more on your loyal clients.

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUND!!
AND DEFINATELY NO FREE SET.

She's a biter. There's your first clue she's problematic.

If she wanted you to sort them out, she should have left your nails on and let you look at them. She had them removed, and redone.

I'm betting she chewed them off. Or just wants free nails.

Write this one off and don't bother yourself about it.

Honest people will come back and say "umm can you please take a look at these?".

People come in all shapes and sizes, with some crazy personalities to match.
Don't worry yourself luv.

If other client's nails aren't chipping away as she describes, then likely the fault is her own.

:hug: :hug:

hi sounds like she just wants to have them done for free. i would defenatly want to see the nails before giving a refund. also sounds like the damage if there is any has been done by her own doing and if you have never had this happen before she's just trying to get a freebie. tell her you cant give her a refund without seeing them first.

xxxxx

Well given she has lied to you how do you know that the set she shows IS your work? Sorry but this girl is a joke. As Judy says, would you say to M&S that you want a refund for a faulty jumper, ask them to bring the money to your house ... oh and they can't see the jumper? I don't blinking well think so!

Sorry but tell her to take a running jump, and tell her that if she carries on the way she is then soon she is going to be black listed by every salon in town! Stand up for yourself! Sorry but people like this get right up my pip! She has no right to a refund and she can shout all she likes, lying little toe rag :irked: :irked: :irked:

You are being far too nice to her :hug:

(BTW I edited your original post as it is so much easier to read with paragraphs in it hun!:hug: )

I bet this client has tried it on with all techs that are local to you! I would forget about her and concentrate more on your loyal clients.

I'm with you 100% on that Theresa

I absolutely would not give her a refund, she's a fibber for a start and you certainly don't need clients like this it's just not worth it. I wouldn't have anything to do with her.

Haven't done many nail biters myself but when I do I state quite clearly that the nails are not guaranteed at all after they walk out the door and get them to sign a form to say as much.

It really gets my goat when these people abuse their nails and then expect you to work miracles on them and then go and bite them off again ('cause I bet thats what she's done) and then blame you. :irked:

Stand your ground and be calm and professional and tell her no way!

I agree with the others.

She is definetly trying it on & sounds like she knows what she is doing.

You say that she told you she wasn't happy with her last tech & went in to complain, im presuming she told you this at the time her nails were done. It gives me the impression that she has said this to frighten you so that when she asks for a refund you will think ' christ if i don't give it to her she is going to do the rounds saying how bad i am '

I would be inclined to say she has already lied and your not prepared to go round. If you do she probably won't be there.

NO refund, tell her forget it. You offered to sort them & she lied to you, then rang back wanting I refund, how can you be sure whats the truth & what isn't? Plus she may or may not be there when you refund her, bet the nails are fine. Sounds like she's messing with you to get them for nothing, obviously doing the rounds & sooner or later no one will go with in an inch of her.
But big hugs :hug: to you as there is always someone ready to try it on but when it happens it isn't nice. :hug: It will come back to haunt her when her names mud everywhere she goes!! You don't need clients like that & if she says anything about you, lets face it your the professional & the fact that she's gone to such lengths says it all & means she hasn't a leg to stand on!!! :)

DO NOT GIVE HER REFUND!!!

If this was me then i would forget her all together, i wouldn't even bother having a look at them. She is trying to get a freebie! and she has probably tried it before.

If the client is happy with your work there and then, she pays and walks out the door then she is a happy customer! any problems with them lifting then ask her to come back and you will have a look and try to fix it, but you do not give any refunds! problems are to be expected with nail biters anyway.

Don't waste your time on this one chick, you are a professional and do not chase after silly little girls!!!!

xxxx

just tell her to DO ONE!!!! lol

Ah.... You sound like a lovely lady but do not take any rubbish from this client you should of so not offered her a refund, that is almost admitting your in the wrong - when it is obvious you are so not!!!! She sounds like a complete waste of time your good at your job dont let one cocky client make you doubt yourself, learn by this (hopefully you wont have another one like this) but next time make sure you ask to see them and compromise never refund!! Big hugs and let us know how you get on x x

I'm with everyone else--NO REFUNDS. My policy is no refunds, but I will redo the set at no charge until the client is happy (within reason, of course.) The thing is, all bets are off when it comes to nail biters.

Hi I had my first complaint today I did a set of acrylic nails this morning at ten on a girl who is a nail biter, and everything went fine, and she was very pleased with the results. I did everything I usually do, didn't miss anything out and at four this evening the girl rings to tell me that her nails have been removed and redone by another shop because they were chipping and lifting at the cuticles.

She came to me because she had not been happy with her last nail tech ,and had been to complain several times in her shop, . I told her she should have rung me and I would have come back and looked at them, and would've sorted them out, or given her a refund ,but as she has already had them removed, it would've been hard for me to see what had gone wrong.

I offered to come round the next day to see her and sort out some sort off refund or for me to do her a new set , which she replied she didnt want me to do that as she would not be in for the next few days, so I asked her to call me when she would be in then I would sort something out.

She rang me back ten mins after to say she wanted a full refund and she had not really had them removed and redone. When will i drop her money off so I said I would like to look at them first. She replied I could go tomorrow and leave the refund at her house with her mum at lunch she might be in she might not.

Please tell me what I should do, as this has not happened to me before could this have happened in about four hours? Chipping and lifting ,would you give a refund or a new set? I realy feel terrible and my confidence has gone out the window, sorry for such a big thread but dont no what to do thanks in advance
She has started this off with a big fat lie by saying they were removed and redone. Unless she came to you showing you the work that day or the next morning and comes to you to (not you running around after her) see if you are at fault, then no refund. No refund anyway, I would offer to fix the problem but not give the money back. She is a liar, thats how it sounds to me and I would not go there to her house. You dont know who they are or where they come from or what could happen when you got there.
Just my opinion.
cheers
Rachel

Latest posts

Back