Flipping Council's driving me mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, Sassy's Nail Emporium, now where were you Yolanda when I was trying to think of a name? I went for one that Mrs Geek mentioned absolutely ages ago on the site and I fell in love with it straight away and that's "Buff" (Nails & Beauty). I just thought it was short, smart and sassy (just like me :D ), and soooooooo different. Whenever you say it to someone they're like "oh that's different", and it sticks in their head. I just didn't want to be another "Beauty Secrets"!

(mind you I'm waiting for the calls from blokes who think they are being funny and say "do you do it in the buff" - yeah like I haven't heard that a zillion times from my b/f already, YAWN!)

HI Sarah,

I am soooo thrilled for you :) I remember when you were so down about everything and didnt know what to do next and your dream was to have your own salon ... and here you nearly are :) Well done ... you had your dream and followed it :hug:
You must defo keep a diary and let us all have a read :) I hope everything goes well and you kick the council's ass!!
Go girl!

Take care
JO xxxx

Hi Sassy,

I've been reading this thread for a couple of days and it just keeps getting better. Firstly I want to say a huge congrats on the salon because everything IS going to work out for you, you have believed hard enough and come this far, you of all people deserve it!!!

The diary?? A brilliant suggestion by Ruth!!! All your advice has been like gold to alot of us, I speak from experience as you well know, and it couldn't be written by a better person. It'll be great for all of us wanting to open a salon in the near future, like myself (2 years time - my goal), as to what we can expect etc!!

I love your salon name!! Suites you!

Anyway hun you're in my thoughts and prayers as always, got my fingers crossed too!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx :hug:

Just bite the bullet and be patient with the idiots Sass. Makes them feel important to mess us about.....silly really.
This is the kind of thing thats putting me off of find out whether I can convert my garage into a salon!
Goodluck its all gonna work out in the end. xx

Sassy Hassy said:
Hmm, Sassy's Nail Emporium, now where were you Yolanda when I was trying to think of a name? I went for one that Mrs Geek mentioned absolutely ages ago on the site and I fell in love with it straight away and that's "Buff" (Nails & Beauty). I just thought it was short, smart and sassy (just like me :D ), and soooooooo different. Whenever you say it to someone they're like "oh that's different", and it sticks in their head. I just didn't want to be another "Beauty Secrets"!

(mind you I'm waiting for the calls from blokes who think they are being funny and say "do you do it in the buff" - yeah like I haven't heard that a zillion times from my b/f already, YAWN!)
WARNING!! BAD JOKE AHEAD!!!!:eek:
Well, Sassy I would be honored to be found in the "Buff" with you!!:o

I'm SO pleased for you Sarah! I had no idea you were opening a salon! I think councils/red tape/bureaucracy make things so damn difficult these days - anyone would think they DINT WANT you to succeed - and so much for encouraging new businesses.

How about a "Sassy Diary" in Professional Nails/Scratch - would be a great read - but most importantly some good advertising....

:hug:

Excellent news Sassy - you go girl! Buff! Fabulous name - short'n'sweet and unique. Now, a diary of the highs and lows would be brilliant - as if you've not got enough to do! I look forward to the weekly updates and will keep everything crossed for you it all goes smoothly onwards & upwards - GOOD LUCK!

Latest posts

Back