Flipping Council's driving me mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Okay, cat is out of the bag! I hope to be opening my very own salon in the next few weeks but ..........

As beauty salons don't fall under A1 retail use I had to pay £265 for change of use planning permission, which is a joke in itself. The Council sends out letters to the abutting properties to see if there is any objections, well they are owned by my prospective landlord so that was hardly likely. Now the deadline for this passed nearly 2 weeks ago and they are still faffing like a tart in a dog parlour!

Firstly Environmental health are worried that due to the products we use that we may make smells that could upset adjoining properties (PAH what a joke there is the smelliest NSS salon up the road - or what about the Chinese takeaway that is only 3 doors away from my potential shop, bloody ridiculous). So I told the girl "WE DON'T SMELL!" and had to put it in writing.

Now I phoned planning today to see how it was progressing. They've not had a reply back from environmental health to say they approve us moving in, but NOW ruddy Engineering want to know if we have allocated staff parking. DUH-UH I had to submit this within the planning application, and even if we didn't the shop is right in the centre of town where there is loads of car parks. But had to pur it in writing yet again.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY - WE'VE GONE BUREAUCRACY FLIPPING MAD! They are also worried that a beauty salon will detract from the amount of retail shops, and that's a joke, Fareham must have the worst selection of shops going - hey, if you want a mobile phone then come to Fareham we have loads of phone shops. And this shop has been empty for over 6 months and there are 3 more in the same end of town that have been empty for the same amount of time .................

sorry rant over, I'm just so fed up with it. Had to beg the girl at the Council to get it shifting so that we can maximise on the most profitable time of year ............ think I'm going to write to Tony Blair and say this country is going to the dogs -woof woof!

Sass I was thinking about you today and hoping you recieved news ASAP from the council - I am so excited for you but don't want to bubble until I know you are A - OK!!!

Well if it doesn't happen for me then I'm going to look at moving to Spain!!! So guess it's good news either way!

omg you cant move to spain, if you go i have to go, then Liza has to go, and heather and debs - its gonna be expensive !!! who have i gotta call hun who who ????

kx

Sassy Hassy said:
Well if it doesn't happen for me then I'm going to look at moving to Spain!!! So guess it's good news either way!

You can always be my chief nail clippings collector - get in there quick before Kimmi does!!

Just trying to stay positive really that's all! It's just really getting me down. IF the Council was a proper business they'd be in liquidation quicker than you can say bodge it and scarper!

Hey Hey Sassy - Congratulations!! :D

Bureaucracy blooming barmy, :eek: but it will all sort it self out, just don't have a nervous break down before hand!

Sassy well flippin done........... I am so exited for you.......... Councils dont you just love em (NOT)........ keep going babe and soon all this will be just a faint memory....
We want loads of before and after pictures too........... hey a sassy diary would be fab xxx Good luck Babe xxxx

Blimey mate - they are certainly giving you the run around :irked:

Congratulations on the new Salon babe - I'm really chuffed for you :D

Make sure you post your opening day - might have to get a posse up to come and see you

Good Luck :hug:

Trin
xx

Fingers crossed for you Sarah that your local council sorts itself out, pain in the backside that they are.
Congratulations on your fab news about your salon, hope all goes great on your opening day, keep us all up to date xxx

Thanks for all your well wishes guys, you'll all be the first to know the opening date. I guess I just need to learn patience, sadly Fareham Borough Council are the naffest council going, I should know I used to work in the Poll Tax section years ago (not a nice job I can tell you). Still I will have an answer by 31st May at the latest so all keep your fingers crossed for me - Geek power rules!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Sassy well flippin done........... I am so exited for you.......... Councils dont you just love em (NOT)........ keep going babe and soon all this will be just a faint memory....
We want loads of before and after pictures too........... hey a sassy diary would be fab xxx Good luck Babe xxxx

I so look forward to this being a faint memory Ruth. A Sassy Diary! With what I feel now most of it would be unprintable, but I'll pop a weekly update if you like, then anyone else being mad enough to even consider opening theri own salon can see the highs and lows that go with it! Whaddya think guys?

Hope all goes well for you and that they don't keep you waiting too long.

Cor blimey - what a carry on! Councils don't make it easy do they?! I wish you all the best for your new venture, it must be a very exciting time for you don't let the take that away from you.

At the end of each day take a deep breathe and focus on your goal. You'll get there and no amount of red tape will stop you.

Happy thoughts to you today.

Thanks Treats for your lovely wishes, you're right they have taken ALL the excitement away for me, and you're right that they shouldn't. So I'll take your advice, so lots of heavy breathing from me lol!

Sassy do the diary..................... The highs and lows and tears and tantrums..........
It would be fab to read, as your sense of humour is just the best..... So get to it girl xxxx
right guys do you all agree ??? WE WANT A SASSY DIARY xxxx

cant believe the council are making it so difficult for you sassy, no wonder the other shops are still empty.

p.s my 5 year old daughter looks out for your posts because she thinks the name SASSY HASSY is absolutely fantastic !

Okay a Sassy Diary it is, but watch out I do great tantrums, so you asked for it Ruthie!!

AF my user name is derived from my real name which is Sarah Haslam, which is really boring! But glad I'm cool to someone - even if she is only 5 years old !!!! A big kissy and a sassy hug to your daughter :hug:

I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon, Councils can be really hard work, especially as they seem to know so little about this type of business... and it's perfectly normal smells, etc;

I'm sure it will all be allright in the end though, with the landlord owning all the other properties too!!!

GOOD LUCK !!! will be great to read your diary!!

Sue x

My heart goes out to you!! (we did what you are trying to 2 years ago) Everytime you thing you have one problem solved three more pop up to keep it company. Keep the faith hun, it all comes together in the end!! Besides when it's all over you can have a good laugh, a stiff drink and fond memories, some how all the bad things, head aches and hassles seem to decrease in importance and only the good things remain. (I vow to NEVER move our school again...I trucked 41 years worth of educational materials up 2 flights of stairs, my mother wants to move I'm disowning the woman and having her declared mentally unstable, may have her locked away. She's nuts for owning a school anyway!! I'm sure I may be nuts one day, oh wait a minute, I work here....yep, nuts!!!)

'The Tears, The Tantrums, The Shop....'

Cant wait to hear all about it Sass but,I know how frustrating it must be.
The councils cant regulate themselves, let alone anyone elses bizz.
My partner used to work for his local council, they had sooo many white-collar workers, constantly promoting themselves, throwing 6 month sickies, & coming up with ridiculous regs.
Their last inhouse change involved promoting their drivers/labourers to 'Distribution Officers', they got a pay rise & put on the staff list... they were out-earning Mark who went to college for 3 yrs to learn his trade.
Obviously a waiting list grew as half the workforce wanted to be 'demoted' to drivers... er, sorry Distribution officers!

Well, Sass you know I am absolutely estatic for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the government being a pain in the... but that's what government does.:irked: Man, I'm going to have to hurry down there so I can have my nails done at Sassy's Beauty Emporium, by the famous Sassy Hassy herself!!!

Latest posts

Back