Flirties glue-not drying quick enough!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I have read numerous posts and peeps seem to agree that Flirties eyelash extension glue is really good and quick drying. Although I do think it is good, it doesn't seem to dry quick enough for me, and I always get the 'clingers-on' that need to be separated.
Is there a quicker drying glue that anyone knows of?

I have read numerous posts and peeps seem to agree that Flirties eyelash extension glue is really good and quick drying. Although I do think it is good, it doesn't seem to dry quick enough for me, and I always get the 'clingers-on' that need to be separated.

Nouveau Lash ... the best adhesive in the business.

Nouveau Lash ... the best adhesive in the business.

Speaking from the perspective of experience on all the glues available out there each and every one is developed for a specific reason.

The faster the drying the glue is the more fumes are given off...as is the case with the one recommended here....there is a balance to be had between speed and fumes etc.

Speed lashes require..well erm fast drying glue...which does give off fumes and can cause irritation to the eye for some customers.

For semi permanent singular lash applications it is preferred to find a glue that offers the balance between fast drying (more fumes) and slower drying(less fumes and more time to position each and every lash correctly)

Flirties are launching a faster drying glue imminently than the current one as an additional option for therapists who want to work faster.

HTH :hug:

Yes that is something to bear in mind. I would prefer a faster drying glue, but if it is at the expense of the comfort levels of my clients, I would rather wait a few more seconds for it to dry.
Oh... well if Flirties are bringing out a faster drying-low fume adhesive, I will await its availability.
Thanks

The faster the drying the glue is the more fumes are given off...as is the case with the one recommended here....there is a balance to be had between speed and fumes etc.

Flirties are launching a faster drying glue imminently than the current one as an additional option for therapists who want to work faster.

Now i am hoping to do a lash extension course in the new year so am reading lots of threads about them.
I'm a bit confused now. If the faster drying glue gives off more fumes then why are you developing one that is faster drying? Ok i understand that for therapists who want to work faster they need something quicker drying but you said the one that was recommended was fast drying so gave off fumes and then say you are launching one that is faster drying.
So i'm confused.com now!

Yes that is something to bear in mind. I would prefer a faster drying glue, but if it is at the expense of the comfort levels of my clients, I would rather wait a few more seconds for it to dry.
Oh... well if Flirties are bringing out a faster drying-low fume adhesive, I will await its availability.
Thanks
Nothing was mentioned about a faster drying glue that has less fumes so is this new glue going to have less fumes then?

Speaking from the perspective of experience on all the glues available out there each and every one is developed for a specific reason.

Speed lashes require..well erm fast drying glue...which does give off fumes and can cause irritation to the eye for some customers.

For semi permanent singular lash applications it is preferred to find a glue that offers the balance between fast drying (more fumes) and slower drying(less fumes and more time to position each and every lash correctly)

I actually have over 25 years experience both working with and developing adhesives (probably much more than you Collin :hug:) and the Nouveau adhesives are not excessively irritating in either their fast dry or slower drying formula ... which is one of the reasons their adhesive is so popular amongst the top lash experts in the UK ... I have had no complaints to date from anyone being irritated by vapours (not fumes which is the incorrect term to use) from the NouveauLash adhesives.

Considering I am so inexperienced and such a novice at lashes, as is always being pointed out after every one of my posts when I answer any lash-type questions, by all the folks at wow, I find that pretty amazing ... that and the fact that the lashes I am doing are lasting and lasting for the clients. I'm getting quite in to it now. :lol:

I actually have over 25 years experience both working with and developing adhesives (probably much more than you Collin :hug:)

I would wager not when it comes to eyelash extensions glues :wink2: :hug:

There are superior adhesives on the market

Su x

I would wager not when it comes to eyelash extensions glues :wink2: :hug:
l

I know enough not to refer to them as glue or say that they give off fumes for a start :green: :hug: .. which is pretty basic for a professional.

I also bet I could answer any question you care to pose re eyelash adhesive. Perhaps you'd like to set me an assessment?

Oooooo Kkkkk then! Getting back to the original question:eek: I have tried what feels like a million adhesives for eyelash extensions. The one I am using at the moment is ABX Xpress adhesive. It is very fast, and not one of my clients has complained of any eye irritation, including the clients that have previously been lashed with my sensitive adhesives. I cannot smell any smell when I use it. It has about a 3 second flash time, so dosent give a lot of time for "faffing" about, so for experienced lashers only. I really like this adhesive. They also do one that is a little slower, but still prob faster than the one you are using now. That could also be a good one to try. hth xx

Now i am hoping to do a lash extension course in the new year so am reading lots of threads about them.
I'm a bit confused now. If the faster drying glue gives off more fumes then why are you developing one that is faster drying? Ok i understand that for therapists who want to work faster they need something quicker drying but you said the one that was recommended was fast drying so gave off fumes and then say you are launching one that is faster drying.
So i'm confused.com now!

As with everything in life - its not pure black and white.....there is various grey shades. The current Flirties adhesive is manufactured to our strict guidelines and our own formulation which has been developed to ensure no fumes and odours with a minimal drying time.
However for the more advanced lash technicians speed is of essence and we have developed another formulation which is quicker drying but yet only with minimal odour and fumes to keep the product and treatment safe for the client and comfortable for the therapist who would suffer most of the fumes as the clients eyes are closed anyway.
There is obviously stages of fast drying adhesives and the faster drying the adhesive is the the more the consistency changes and odour and fumes unfortunately are part of the quicker drying process.......
Its a fine linen to ensure safety, compliance with regulations as well as comfort for the client and therapist...

Hope this helps :hug:

l

I know enough not to refer to them as glue or say that they give off fumes for a start :green: :hug: .. which is pretty basic for a professional.

I also bet I could answer any question you care to pose re eyelash adhesive. Perhaps you'd like to set me an assessment?

LOL ...in the spray tan sector some professionals call spray tan solution "juice" .....not quiet sure what your point on homing in on specific localised words really is here LOL.:rolleyes::hug:

LOL ...in the spray tan sector some professionals call spray tan solution "juice" .....not quiet sure what your point on homing in on specific localised words really is here LOL.:rolleyes::hug:

I'm sure if they ARE professionals they do not use the term 'juice'. :rolleyes:

What else would my point be than to teach others to use the correct words/terms in a professional way if they are going to call themselves professionals.

Adhesives do not give off FUMES they give of vapours .. there is a difference

We do not use glue we use a chemical adhesive .. there is a difference

I'm sure if they ARE professionals they do not use the term 'juice'. :rolleyes:

What else would my point be than to teach others to use the correct words/terms in a professional way if they are going to call themselves professionals.

Adhesives do not give off FUMES they give of vapours .. there is a difference

We do not use glue we use a chemical adhesive .. there is a difference

Well unfortunatley most if not all (including the origional poster)in this game would refer to the sticky stuff as glue or adhesive :eek:.....Ahh a spray tan expert also now I see :wink2:

Im sure that's quiet enough playing on words for this thread and just hope the original posters question has been answered amongst all this confusion and side issues :hug:

LOL :rolleyes::lol::lol::hug:

Last edited:
Oooooo Kkkkk then! Getting back to the original question:eek:

Thanks all for your comments!!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say arguements!

I will try a much faster drying adhesive /glue, such as ABX and Nouveau and see what vapours /fumes are given off.

Here are my experiences of the lash adhesives.

1. Old Nouveau - sets slower than adhesive no.2 and 3, goes thick within 2 months of opening.

2. New Nouveau ultrabond - thin, faster setting than no.1, roughly same setting speed as no.3, this bottle of adhesive has been opened for 3 months and its still good.

3. Flirties -nice, thin, faster setting than no.1, this bottle of adhesive has been opened for 5 months and its still as good as the first day I opened it.

I actually can't say whether no.2 or no.3 is faster setting. It varies with me because I work faster on some clients and slower on more difficult ones. And if I have to use thicker lashes, I use more adhesive therefore I have to hold and wait a bit longer to ensure no sticking between neighbouring lashes.

Never has any of my clients complained about fumes/vapours or experienced any irritation from any of these 3 adhesives.

Maybe I was trained the old school way but why is everyone wanting super fast setting adhesive. If you have to wait another 5 sec to let the lashes set and dry, how is this going to effect you overall speed if you produce really long last lashes?

60 lashes x 5s extra wait time = 300 secs / 60s per min = 5mins
60 lashes x 10s wait = 600 secs = 10mins

Am i missing something here?

Here are my experiences of the lash adhesives.

1. Old Nouveau - sets slower than adhesive no.2 and 3, goes thick within 2 months of opening.

2. New Nouveau ultrabond - thin, faster setting than no.1, roughly same setting speed as no.3, this bottle of adhesive has been opened for 3 months and its still good.

3. Flirties -nice, thin, faster setting than no.1, this bottle of adhesive has been opened for 5 months and its still as good as the first day I opened it.

Am i missing something here?

The flirties adhesive has got a shelf life of 9 months so it gives you enough time to use it even if lashes are not your main treatment and it avoids having to throw the adhesive away if you only do a set ever so often. :hug:

60 lashes x 5s extra wait time = 300 secs / 60s per min = 5mins
60 lashes x 10s wait = 600 secs = 10mins

Am i missing something here?[/QUOTE]

I did this calculation myself and your right, the extra waiting time doesn't equate to that much longer. Although, sometimes you get that client who just has the most easiest of lashes to work with and you do feel as though you are waiting ages between each lash application.
I think Ill just stick to the Flirties glue, as it is very good, has a long shelf-life and keeps lashes attached until they naturally fall out.
Thanks all
x

.......Although, sometimes you get that client who just has the most easiest of lashes to work with and you do feel as though you are waiting ages between each lash application.......
x

Lucky you! :) yes, I get what you mean. How about getting the squeeze blow pump to help dry the whole set of lashes faster?

Hi, We have just launched a quick drying, odourless glue. Its brand new!
Causes no irritation. So you can have the best of both worlds :)

Latest posts

Back