Flirties Lash Glue - Reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
I've been lashing a while now and see on average 12/15 customers a week (new and infills) so far I havent had any complaints.
However, This week I have had one customer say that her eyes are swollen and itching, another say her eyes itch and her nose blocked/eyes swelling and a couple mentioned that their lashes have fallen off in days..

Im baffled as I always used Flirties extra strength ( i love the stuff) I alsways clean my tools and always have a clean treatment room.

The only difference I can think of is i now have the heating on????????

Am i totally off course? any advice?
Thanks
c

just a suggestion but how old is the glue? Is it nearly empty? It does sound like the client with the swelling/itching is having a reaction. Have you removed the lashes?

Glue is 3 months old, but is near the end.
I have offered to remove them tomorrow morning but she has just text to say that somebody else has removed them for her.
I did offer to remove them today but she had a pressing hair appointment (???)

Glue is 3 months old, but is near the end.
I have offered to remove them tomorrow morning but she has just text to say that somebody else has removed them for her.
I did offer to remove them today but she had a pressing hair appointment (???)

Oh yes, much more important than their eyes lol
I have to be honest and say that i wouldnt keep a glue for 3 months. It a weird fixation that I have, (along with a lovely lasher friend of mine who has the same weirdness lol) that I open a new glue on the 1st of every month, regardless of shelf life! Now, I do see about 40 clients a week, so understand that I wouldnt be throwing as much away as you. My theory on this, and I know its perhaps unfounded and weird:lol: is that the more times the glue is opened and the air gets to it, the consistency changes slightly. I also feel that the glue can be "stronger/fumey-er" towards the bottom of the bottle. This is just MY theory, and, as I say, I see a fair few clients a week and have only had 1, possibly 2 reactions in 5 years.
Now, I will go and take my medicine for my weirdness :lol:

ps; I say possibly 2 as the 2nd lady didnt know if it was her hayfever making her itchy xx

Thank you for your help.
I have just bought 2 new glues and will try to follow your weirdness :)
Its better to waste a little glue than it is to get a bad reputation.
x

I have found that most glues I try don't last as long as the shelf life stated as well. So I am trying to change it every 2mths (don't do anywhere near as many lashes as 40 a week lol) xxx

I have just thoroughly sterilised all my tweezers (in a random sunday evening act) and have ordered new glue, primer and de bonder as another client has had a reaction... I feel awful for them and a bad lash tech :-(

I have just thoroughly sterilised all my tweezers (in a random sunday evening act) and have ordered new glue, primer and de bonder as another client has had a reaction... I feel awful for them and a bad lash tech :-(

Ah, that's not good. Hope that it is all sorted soon hun xx

just a question? did you patch test these clients?

patch testing is advised by the manufacturer and i would def always patch test, it may well have been hey fever but if you have changed your adhesive since their last appt they may have an allergy to the new adhesive. x

hey sassy i take it i am your weird friend, i hope so.
tradition 1st of each month new glue.
i also get the itches on my eyelids every time i get mine done, some girls are alot worse, it depends on how your body reacts.
its nothing you have done i am sure

With the different temperatures and heating on it can have an effect on the adhesives or the air in the treatment room. If you look at a candle on a windowsill with the radiator on you can see the movement and depending on where the couch is it could make it a bit more uncomfortable for the client, so make sure the room isnt too warm or stuffy and try and keep drafts to a minimum.

hey sassy i take it i am your weird friend, i hope so.
tradition 1st of each month new glue.
i also get the itches on my eyelids every time i get mine done, some girls are alot worse, it depends on how your body reacts.
its nothing you have done i am sure

My darling, you are just weird :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Love ya my fellow weirdo xx

Iv always used hollywood adhesive but i find it quite expensive... Iv been looking at this thread and seen you all recommending flirties? how long on average are the lashes lasting using this adhesive and has anybody on here tried both ???

thanks ;)

Even though we recommend to do infills every 2-3 weeks (depending on clients) for classic lashes or a bit longer for volume lashes some clients leave it 4 weeks + between infills with a set lasting 2 months without a problem.
Why don't you order a sample pack so that you can try the different adhesives and see which one suits you best?

Hi. . allergies and sensitivity can develop over time and it is essential to patch test not only new clients but if you have any doubt over how your client will react, or if you change your glue brand. Most eyelash adhesives have similar ingredients but they are not the same. Central heating can affect glue setting times as it changes not only the temperature but humidity as well. Keep you client's eyes closed for longer and ensure that they sit up before opening their eyes (glue vapour is heavier than air). The top glues should all last for 3 months if stored carefully. There is more information about this on our eyelash extension information page. By the way, I'm from the Eyelash Emporium but you should choose the glue that suits the way you work.

Latest posts

Back