Flirties Lashes, What do you think of them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a voucher to have Flirties lashes done in my local town for £50 (which is ½ price), inc lash tint and 2 week follow up appointment.
I have had Hollywood lashes on before and loved them. These sound good value to me.
But would like to hear your views on the product.
Thanks all.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

Hi All,
I have a voucher to have Flirties lashes done in my local town for £50 (which is ½ price), inc lash tint and 2 week follow up appointment.
I have had Hollywood lashes on before and loved them. These sound good value to me.
But would like to hear your views on the product.
Thanks all.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

Good lord that is very cheap!! I personally prefer Nouveau Lashes but thats just me, but £50 for lash tint, follow up and full set is uber cheap!! Bargain!

Flirties have had a total over haul since you were doing them tonilee,
you wouldn't recognise them now :hug:

Thats fab...poor therpist tho for slashing prices so much tho......

I agree but she may still be new at them and wanting to build up her clientele or experience

I helped a fellow geek out a few weeks ago and had some flirties lashes on, they look great but they do annoy me I have to seperate them a lot as they seem to clump together or go in all directions but once they are sorted out they look nice, I dont like the feel of them though, when I wake up on a morning my eyes feel so heavy...like I have loads of make up on as if I didn't wash my face the night before! and my eyelids do get quite itchy at times I have had them on 2 and half weeks now and was going to have them maintained but decided not to even though I do like the look of them I don't like the feel of them. Odd ones are looking a little strange now as they are growing out and i am tempted to pull the stray ones out but can't cos my natural lash would come out too!

Anyway thats just my opinion and maybe they're not suitable for me, but you may love them:hug:

I helped a fellow geek out a few weeks ago and had some flirties lashes on, they look great but they do annoy me I have to seperate them a lot as they seem to clump together or go in all directions but once they are sorted out they look nice, I dont like the feel of them though, when I wake up on a morning my eyes feel so heavy...like I have loads of make up on as if I didn't wash my face the night before! and my eyelids do get quite itchy at times I have had them on 2 and half weeks now and was going to have them maintained but decided not to even though I do like the look of them I don't like the feel of them. Odd ones are looking a little strange now as they are growing out and i am tempted to pull the stray ones out but can't cos my natural lash would come out too!

Anyway thats just my opinion and maybe they're not suitable for me, but you may love them:hug:

Hi

You're quite right - lash extensions don't suit everyone. Go back and have them taken off properly if you're not getting on with them.:hug:

Do Not Pull Them Out, lol! Goodness, you have just given me a heart attack:lol::lol:
Lash extensions shouldnt feel heavy, they should feel no real difference to your own lashes! Go and have them removed if they are not for you, pleeeaaasssee do not pull them!:hug:

I personally think this therapist is taking things by the balls and getting out there and promoting her business by handing out vouchers.

To cheap or not is really irrelevant to a certain degree if the strategy is one of getting out there and reaching for new customers and at an application cost of around 10-15% of treatment cost even at greatly reduced prices for this promotion this therapist is still making good money whilst building up new customers.

Its a shame more aren't as pro active as this :hug:

Don't you dare pull them out and spoil your own lashes :smack:,
just come back over and i will remove them for you correctly, foc of course,
it will take about 30 mins,
they shouldn't feel heavy though hun they were fitted nice and neat, have you been putting any make up on ?

pics are in my album if anyone wants to see them lol

I personally think this therapist is taking things by the balls and getting out there and promoting her business by handing out vouchers.

To cheap or not is really irrelevant to a certain degree if the strategy is one of getting out there and reaching for new customers and at an application cost of around 10-15% of treatment cost even at greatly reduced prices for this promotion this therapist is still making good money whilst building up new customers.

Its a shame more aren't as pro active as this :hug:

NO Colin you are so wrong here. and I will start a new thread on this. I have no alliance to your supplies but I know what our salon pays for its stock, and we only purchase the best lash stuff, we are not tied to any brand as well. We charge £100 for a full set of the best quality, with someone who has been doing this for many years (long before most brands even hit the UK) dropping the price like this is really bad, all this does is just cheapen the business and the industry. If you run a promotion you offer something more (a free mascara of something like that, something that you can purchase bulk and costs you little) never just slash the price of a product like this, any marketing expert will tell you this. Your regulars will not like to see this when they paid full price last week. What you then get are just salon hoppers, who just hop from salon to salon, its bad practice and customer retention will be poor. Even for a new salon this is poor, very. (someone just trained is a different matter, this is not the problem here) Someone like you would just sell more stock, so I don't really think you comments are valid.

My friend in kent charges £90. My other friend in Manchester charges £85, I would suggest people never go any lower that that, if you are doing a proper full set, ever. This is very sad. Think if you was the regular customer who paid £100 yesterday!

Su x

I also have to agree that dropping prices is not always best! Proof was in the pudding when a friend of mine, who has a salon about 5 mins from me, brought in eyelash extensions for half price, (£45) as a special. She had tons of custom! The min the price went up to the full amount, she is having a problem getting people in. (our area has a fair mount of money) A few times she has had the "well my friend had them done for £45" line! Now she wouldnt really make a lot of money keeping them at £45!!!!!!!! The product costs, the 2 hours it takes to do them etc, would not be worth it! I do think special offers have their place, for sure, but reducing by huge amounts is bad business for everyone!

NO Colin you are so wrong here. and I will start a new thread on this. I have no alliance to your supplies but I know what our salon pays for its stock, and we only purchase the best lash stuff, we are not tied to any brand as well. We charge £100 for a full set of the best quality, with someone who has been doing this for many years (long before most brands even hit the UK) dropping the price like this is really bad, all this does is just cheapen the business and the industry. If you run a promotion you offer something more (a free mascara of something like that, something that you can purchase bulk and costs you little) never just slash the price of a product like this, any marketing expert will tell you this. Your regulars will not like to see this when they paid full price last week. What you then get are just salon hoppers, who just hop from salon to salon, its bad practice and customer retention will be poor. Even for a new salon this is poor, very. (someone just trained is a different matter, this is not the problem here) Someone like you would just sell more stock, so I don't really think you comments are valid.

My friend in kent charges £90. My other friend in Manchester charges £85, I would suggest people never go any lower that that, if you are doing a proper full set, ever. This is very sad. Think if you was the regular customer who paid £100 yesterday!

Su x

Like I say, think if you was the person who paid £100 yesterday, this is not like purchasing a jumper or a TV, and thats life a sale goes on, this is regular customers that you want to hold onto. I know my retention method works. Never cheapen a product, add more value to it. All them orange hand written posters in shop windows, half price. Think how tacky they really look.

Su x

I can see it from both angles but if you have no business from lashes at full price and you have tried every technique to sell them then you may as well drop the price and get people in the door. No people for lashes at £100 or 50 people for lashes at £50 you do the maths!

I think people generally would have these lashes as a one off for special occasions anyway? :hug:

I have never had to do this with my business but I would do anything to keep money coming in if I was lacking in clients. We can't look down on this kind of practice if we don't know what situation the person is in.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I only started this thread to get quality of product opininon on Flirties Lashes compared with othe brands out there.
Anyone one got brand preferences and why?:hug:
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

im pretty new to lashes and i dont really agree to doing things for free just cos im new as it makes people reluctant to pay for them i am getting better and better so at the moment I am charging £55 for a set of lashes incl lash tint if required, using flirties, sorry if this offends people but my prices will go up to £85 at the end of june, firsty i would rather do 2 at £55 than 1 set at £85 and that way i get 2 lots of maintenance appointments/ infils so therefore its more cost effective for me, plus im building up a client base, these people then go on to tell a friend who books, another bonus for me, thats what i personally think anyway. Also since i am new i dont get as many lashes in as maybe someone more experienced in the same amount of time.

Going back to origional question! i trained with flirties the training was really good although i did it with someone else and i wish i'd of done it one to one now but anyway i have a few regs now and am doing ok. The lashes themselves are very fidly to do takes me a good 2hrs when i did my training i was told that they would be getting y lashes in however 7 months down the line i have been told they will not be stocking them so im abit naffed off about that overall if i knew what i know now i would of gone with a different comp..:cry: (sorry lou nothing personal there!) xx

Going back to origional question! i trained with flirties the training was really good although i did it with someone else and i wish i'd of done it one to one now but anyway i have a few regs now and am doing ok. The lashes themselves are very fidly to do takes me a good 2hrs when i did my training i was told that they would be getting y lashes in however 7 months down the line i have been told they will not be stocking them so im abit naffed off about that overall if i knew what i know now i would of gone with a different comp..:cry: (sorry lou nothing personal there!) xx

No worries hun i didn't take it personal,
i am trying my best to get more things added to the range and it is happening slowly,
these things cost 1000s for a company to stock so they have to prioritise to demand,
to be honest you can get the Y lashes from a number of places,

if you feel you want a few hrs one to one with me you are welcome to come to Yorkshire and i will put some time to one side for you, FOC, hth

I can see it from both angles but if you have no business from lashes at full price and you have tried every technique to sell them then you may as well drop the price and get people in the door. No people for lashes at £100 or 50 people for lashes at £50 you do the maths!

I think people generally would have these lashes as a one off for special occasions anyway? :hug:

I have never had to do this with my business but I would do anything to keep money coming in if I was lacking in clients. We can't look down on this kind of practice if we don't know what situation the person is in.

£50 do you maths? how silly that comment is, if you are a salon you have a customer base, your loyal people, who you look after and make feel very special, these are you core people. 3 or 4 have paid your normal (please remember she was doing this for £100) £100, next week your 50 pound deal comes out? what do your 3-4, important people think? not the passers who just want the 1 off treatment for £50 who you will never see again. Dropping prices sets a president, you will always we chasing things. Offer more and be better is the solution to make you stand out. I do wonder where some people get this bad practice from.

Su x

ok the girl that is doing the voucher is fairly new to lashes and building up her clients and experience,
she has not charged anyone £100 yet and will as her confidence grows slowly raise the price until it is in line with experienced lashers,
yes i do know this for a fact because i trained her,
she has to start some where as we all did,

(i don't know if she comes on here but if she does i can imagine she is feeling quite victimised for HER decision on her pricing)

posh the products are of a high quality and we have spent the last 8 month or more trailing out adhesives so we could find the best one out there for both the therapist and client,
and i can happily say we have managed to find THE ONE :hug:

Latest posts

Back