Flirty clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Anyone else had this kind of client?

A lot of our clients are young professionals etc and after initial consultations I do give them my mobile number in case of any questions or concerns. I find a quick reassuring text if they bed had bruising or say lumpy mess from a filler is often enough to solve it and clients often come back to me instead of others because I'm accessible...

However recently I've had a few clients become quite flirty, in fact more than that, have outright propositioned me AND my partner!

I also find that clients start to tell me their deepest and darkest secrets and issues with one recently telling me how he was married for years then came out as gay and the traumas he's had etc.

Others tell me about their antidepressants etc

I suppose I don't mind it as the nurse in me is used to caring for people in their darkest moments but it can be a bit surprising when people divulge such things!

Anyone else get this?

All the time! Clients telling me about their husbands having affairs, clients telling me they're having affairs.

I had one married client ask me out recently after making an inappropriate compliment. All by text, which I ignored. He was a regular for months and I haven't seen him since.

All the time! Clients telling me about their husbands having affairs, clients telling me they're having affairs.

I had one married client ask me out recently after making an inappropriate compliment. All by text, which I ignored. He was a regular for months and I haven't seen him since.

I actually had a client send me obscene pics via text! When I politely declined the various offers I got obscenities!

I actually had a client send me obscene pics via text! When I politely declined the various offers I got obscenities!

Mmmm well you are dishy but there has to be a line that people do not cross! I can't believe someone is so rude and blunt x try and take it as a compliment and ignore it.

Mmmm well you are dishy but there has to be a line that people do not cross! I can't believe someone is so rude and blunt x try and take it as a compliment and ignore it.

Blushes!

But yes I laugh it off! They just text to book in speak of the devil!

That's abuse, call the police. If you find the pictures offensive call the police (if it offends you it legally is), if they are texting or calling continually asking you out it's harassment. Maybe write up a cover message about how you are a professional and are their therapist not a dating service. Xoxo

I had a client who went into the abuse she suffered as a child. I found it extremely upsetting and it haunted me. I made no comments throughout so as not to encourage her. It was her first appointment with me and she never came back.
The worst one was years ago I had a new client who sat and told me all about how her sisters boyfriend was seeing someone behind her sisters back, they had a child together etc. I felt really sorry for her sister then she told me the guys name and turns out I was the other woman. I honestly had no idea. I had only been out with him 3 times and he told he was single. She told me she knew it was me and knew I didn't know he was in a relationship that's why she booked the appointment with me. I was devastated as I wouldn't ever go near anyone who was on a relationship. She was lovely I was a blubbering wreck!!!! :( x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I had a client who went into the abuse she suffered as a child. I found it extremely upsetting and it haunted me. I made no comments throughout so as not to encourage her. It was her first appointment with me and she never came back.
The worst one was years ago I had a new client who sat and told me all about how her sisters boyfriend was seeing someone behind her sisters back, they had a child together etc. I felt really sorry for her sister then she told me the guys name and turns out I was the other woman. I honestly had no idea. I had only been out with him 3 times and he told he was single. She told me she knew it was me and knew I didn't know he was in a relationship that's why she booked the appointment with me. I was devastated as I wouldn't ever go near anyone who was on a relationship. She was lovely I was a blubbering wreck!!!! :( x

The one a out abuse as a child is a bit strange, why would you tell someone at a first appointment I'd expect people to need to feel like they know you before that information.
With you being the other woman, atleast you found out and the person telling you didn't kick off, it could have got really nasty even though you had no idea. I think she should have told her sister after speaking with you too, explain you had no idea and was being duped just as much as her sister, that way he gets what he deserves, being alone.
Xoxo

That's awful! And what a way to find out!! Poor you xx

Well, no flirting...:mad:
But I do get told all sorts of things, and I've had clients weep copiously (not through my treatments, I hasten to add!).
It's a huge privilege, although you need to be able to detach yourself from it.
Maybe, in your circumstances, you could have an e-mail help address? It may seem less personal than a mobile number.

OK, you win! :eek:

I had a client tell me he'd kick his wife out if I turned up on his doorstep! Lol

OK, you win! :eek:

Well when I say 'obscene' I wasn't offended as I'm very laid back and broad minded!

They were naked pictures tho!!!

I mean as if you would do that!

A client showed me shirtless pics of a guy she is having an affair with the other evening:eek: it was intresting.... I get told akward things all the time. People feel comfrable around me I guess. Lol its so intresting

I seem to have therapist written on my forehead when I'm doing beauty treatments!!

I've had people tell me about their husbands previous marriages, a woman telling me about their 'professional business' in the hotel I was working in!

I also had a bloke feel me up in a massage 5 mins before I was meant to finish so i didn't say anything, he then gave me a £20 tip.

Leanne
X

i was discussing it with my tattoo artist friend recently, as one of her clients had got hold of her number and sent her a picture of his bits and pieces...... i think maybe when you are that physically close to someone doing a treatment some odd people take that as an ok to be forward (or downright rude...)
needless to say the tattoo client in question is booked in with the burly male artist on his next appointment....

I regularly get the "gossip" on who's having affairs etc, but i just keep shtum, and i have been invited on many interesting sounding nights out (ahem) which i politely declined!! :) x

One of my clients is a homeopath and proceeded to tell me about one of her clients who had been sexually abused as a child and went into detail about the abuse - which was absolutely horrific!:cry: I couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterwards:irked:

Latest posts

Back