Foot in mouth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-ela

Reaction score
When is the last time you said something stupid and wished that the floor would just swallow you up?

A friend and her daughter were booked in today at college for a facial. My colleague was doing the daughters facial and I was concerned about the time as I knew that she needed to pick up her daughter from school.
So in the consultation she was asked what she hoped to achieve from the treatment and she said that she wanted to look 10 years younger.
Moi pipes up " not if you want to be out for three!"

She thought it was hilarious, and I could have died of shame!

Mine was the other day, my ex father in law sadly only has a week or so to live he was diagnosed with bowel cancer a while back and is now end stage, I took my daughter to visit him and we were chatting about old times and my ex mother in laws cooking came into conversation, what was the next thing that slipped out my mouth..." Oh well you know that saying you eat a tonne of crap before you die" I felt so bad and immediately started to turn red, luckily his sense of humour has not vanished ! :(

Last night. I was talkin to someone wanting a massage (a male friend) & because my massage bed has broke i was explaining i could either do it on the floor or settee. He settled for the floor & he asked if i would be ok knelt down & i stupidly said 'oh its fine. I'm used to working on my knees' wtf?!?!?! I meant it as in sometimes i have to kneel down when doing pedis on certain clients but obviously he didn't think of that lol! Ashamed

Not work related, but the other week my mother in law and sister in law came over. They both chose to sit on our leatherette storage box from Argos as there were a few of us in the front room. My MIL asked how strong the storage box was, them both be beautiful voluptuous women, I had half the conversation in my head first, but all that came out was "it's strong, but not THAT strong". Worst thing was I walked off and didn't finish the rest of the conversation. I felt awful! What I should have said is the sides are only reinforced with cardboard, and isn't meant as a seat. But you know when you get to that point of no return, if I'd said anything else it would have sounded worse! :eek: I mean, I panic when my son sits on it! I won't sit on it because I'm not small either.

I'm blaming the pregnancy hormones!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do this regularly and am usually the person to come out with what everyone else is thinking but are too worried to say. What makes it worse is that I have two particular colleagues who are the same and our conversations must seem a tad strange to anyone eaves dropping. :twisted:

Mine was when doing an eyebrow tint on a client with dyed blonde hair.
I'd already done them quite dark for her but she was asking if she should have them any darker.
What I meant to say was 'with your hair been quite fair right now you don't want to go any darker than your natural colour'
What I actually said was 'with your hair been quite fair you don't want to go darker than your roots'

She looked mortified and started going in about how much she hated regrowth and only had her hair done 3 days ago, and do her roots look that discussing should she go back to her hairdresser?

😳

Laura xx

I'm terrible always doing this then take half an hour trying to apologise and explain myself!!
My mum and dad popped down before Christmas and that avert for fake candles came on and started saying how they were hideous and looked tacky ect!
Only opened my Christmas pressy which was a gorgeous lateen with one in 😱 I spent ten mins on the phone to my dad explaining myself😰
Least that was a honest mistake!!! Ps if anyone has that candle I love mine :) xxx

I'm terrible always doing this then take half an hour trying to apologise and explain myself!!
My mum and dad popped down before Christmas and that avert for fake candles came on and started saying how they were hideous and looked tacky ect!
Only opened my Christmas pressy which was a gorgeous lateen with one in 😱 I spent ten mins on the phone to my dad explaining myself😰
Least that was a honest mistake!!! Ps if anyone has that candle I love mine :) xxx

Lila I am ALWAYS doing this to my mum. And she's always doing this to my sister. .. my sister never takes it well haha!

About 3 weeks ago I was standing chatting to another Granny whilst waiting to pick up my grandchildren.

Only it turned out she was the mummy, not the granny :o

This isn't really foot in mouth but very embarrassing !!!
I was snooping on my phone on Facebook at my boyfriends ex and by accident sent friend request😱
Had to tell him as I was panicking luckily my daughter come in the house as she been out and I was screaming help help!!
She sorted it out but kind of had to explain why I was on my boyfriends exs Facebook!! Whoops 😳
I always think she must have got a notification!!
Xx

Haha don't worry Lila I did a classic on New Years Eve- I had a big fall out with my mum over Nov/Dec so by proxy that apparently means I fall out with my sister too. Anyway I posted a really nice status on FB about the new year and the arrival of my baby and thanked a few friends who have frankly kept my head above water during Christmas. Anyway my sister, who never comments on my fb ever, took it upon herself to write a bitchy barbed veiled comment about me falling out with my mum. It's been a long line of issues with my sister this past year and every time I brush her rudeness under the carpet I feel like im saying it's ok to treat me like that. Now I've never deleted anyone on fb, not my style and ive never had an argument on fb either. But I decided to remove her comment and delete her off my fb and decided that if she wants a pop at me she can do it in private. Fine you say. Well no, my phone went on a mental and I ended up deleting her, adding her, deleting her, adding her about five times- so god only knows if it was me who deleted her or her who declined my friend request. Did make me giggle though... after a while ;)

Haha don't worry Lila I did a classic on New Years Eve- I had a big fall out with my mum over Nov/Dec so by proxy that apparently means I fall out with my sister too. Anyway I posted a really nice status on FB about the new year and the arrival of my baby and thanked a few friends who have frankly kept my head above water during Christmas. Anyway my sister, who never comments on my fb ever, took it upon herself to write a bitchy barbed veiled comment about me falling out with my mum. It's been a long line of issues with my sister this past year and every time I brush her rudeness under the carpet I feel like im saying it's ok to treat me like that. Now I've never deleted anyone on fb, not my style and ive never had an argument on fb either. But I decided to remove her comment and delete her off my fb and decided that if she wants a pop at me she can do it in private. Fine you say. Well no, my phone went on a mental and I ended up deleting her, adding her, deleting her, adding her about five times- so god only knows if it was me who deleted her or her who declined my friend request. Did make me giggle though... after a while ;)

Haha that's funny you sound just like me! Xx

Last night. I was talkin to someone wanting a massage (a male friend) & because my massage bed has broke i was explaining i could either do it on the floor or settee. He settled for the floor & he asked if i would be ok knelt down & i stupidly said 'oh its fine. I'm used to working on my knees' wtf?!?!?! I meant it as in sometimes i have to kneel down when doing pedis on certain clients but obviously he didn't think of that lol! Ashamed

That is so funny, i nearly spat my tea out x

That is so funny, i nearly spat my tea out x

Its a good job i explained it afterwards lol! I promise i'm not in that kind of business ;) x

This has made me laugh too! sounds just like my mum & sister x

Hahaha i do this delete, back, delete, back thingy all the time but its only cause i don't know how to work the stuff lol, i had a friend give me angry message on facebook, why did you delete me? i said i didn't, i just decided to shut the whole thing down, then changed my mind again, i since shut it down again haaha.
and on here i couldnt work out how to stop the influx of emails from threads id replied to, the only way i could see was to delete the thread, subscribe again, then click NO EMAILS then and the accept, thats just because i always forget to change that bit from the start

Me today. 2 hours ago in John Lewis. After hubby and I had devoured our cakes he wants to go off to look at clothes (yes, he is the designer clothes shopper in our relationship). So off we trot to the GANT concession. "Oh look at this shirt, what do you think?" He asks me.
Me in a very loud voice "yes, it's ok but I don't like the gay way they've rolled the sleeves up!" It was like a polo shirt and just looked weird with rolled up sleeves.

I turn around and no more than six feet behind me are a lovely male couple with their knitted jumpers tied round their shoulders and sunglasses on their heads. Very obviously gay. They definitely heard me. I had no idea they were there.

I had to run away. What were the chances of that happening?! Why did I have to use the word "gay"? And so friggin loud too.

And before you all start on me, no, I'm not homophobic. It was a fashion style observation.

Me today. 2 hours ago in John Lewis. After hubby and I had devoured our cakes he wants to go off to look at clothes (yes, he is the designer clothes shopper in our relationship). So off we trot to the GANT concession. "Oh look at this shirt, what do you think?" He asks me.
Me in a very loud voice "yes, it's ok but I don't like the gay way they've rolled the sleeves up!" It was like a polo shirt and just looked weird with rolled up sleeves.

I turn around and no more than six feet behind me are a lovely male couple with their knitted jumpers tied round their shoulders and sunglasses on their heads. Very obviously gay. They definitely heard me. I had no idea they were there.

I had to run away. What were the chances of that happening?! Why did I have to use the word "gay"? And so friggin loud too.

And before you all start on me, no, I'm not homophobic. It was a fashion style observation.

Hahaha! You will have to console yourself with more cake!:lol:

One Christmas, a good few years ago, when the children were small I went looking for playstation games for them. When I was paying, with a queue behind me,I asked the Sales Assistant if there were any more PLAYBOY games due in before Christmas!!:o:o

I was out with two male friends helping them pick suits for a friends wedding, we had been all over town and they hated everything and nothing fitted them nicely, we were in a tailors and the guy asked what we wanted and I'd had enough so I shouted " he's to long and he's too wide" the guy in the shop burst out laughing and said "ooerrrr missus " very Kenneth Williams and I could feel my face burning up! But we were all ill laughing x

Latest posts

Back