For all coloured gel users - a new service and more revenue for your business..!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna Lee

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I use Calgel which is a soft coloured gel. A few weeks ago, I attended the CND colour launch and have been extremely impressed with their new range of colours, formula and concept.

I have been playing around with the new Effect varnishes and suddenly discovered that the Effects work just as well on my coloured gel as they do on top of the CND crème colours. The principles are the same - if I use the effects on top of my Calgel colours, they change them into another colour.

For those us who have complained about how CND hasn't come out with their own colour gels yet, they have created colours which can change your existing colour gels range. Instead of the 70, or whatever number, colours calgel/bio offer, if the tech buys all of the 15 effects, they will have a combination of hundreds more colours to offer their clients when using their gels.

For those who complain about the credit crunch and how expensive it is to buy a pot of colour gel every time you need a new colour, you can now buy from the new CND Colours range instead and use their Effects to change the colours youalready have. A pot of colour gel gives only one colour. The new CND Effects gives endless colour combinations. It really doesn't take a genius to work that calculation. This is a much more cost effective way of offering a new colour and avoids unpopular coloured gels collecting dust on the shelves.

I have added this idea as a new service on my menu. I apply the coloured gel, then apply a thin layer of the Effects on top, and when the client is bored of the colour, I advise them to simply wipe off the Effects layer at home and they are left with the original Calgel colour that I first applied. I charge a few pounds more on top for this service because the clients are now getting two colours instead of one.

The other thing that I do, is to apply the coloured gel, then apply a different colour of the CND Crème on top and then sell them a bottle of Effects. That way, they can have three colours instead of only one.

They start off with the CND Crème colour on their nails and when they are bored of that, they simply apply the Effects on top for a new colour, and then when they are bored of that, they wipe of both the Crème colour and the Effects changing their nails back to the original coloured gel colour I applied.

My clients are very excited with this new idea and it keeps them interested in between the 2/3 weeks until they see me again for their rebalance.

This new service costs me pennies and minimal time, and will not only give my clients a much bigger variety of colours to choose from, I can also boost my profits by retailing the Effects enamels.

CND really has been a genius this time, and I wonder if CND ever thought when they created this that they have not only created themselves a whole new concept and colour range but have also helped ALL the coloured gel companies create a whole new colour range for THEM too...?

CND benefits, the techs benefit, the clients benefit, even the OTHER companies benefit... Its a win win situation for everybody...!!

Wow sounds great! Thanks for sharing Anna. I'm off to check these out right now.

An (Newbie)

Last edited:
Yes Anna, you are spot on!

I am currently wearing black Bio and yesterday, to explain the new CND enamel range and how the effects perform, I put a coat of different effects over each nail on one hand and it gave fab results.

When I have time, it sure is something I will be exploring more.

To date, I am really impressed with the salon enamel kit I purchased. I love almost all of the colours and the coverage is so good that often the 2nd coat (if necessary) is just more a touch up resulting in very quick touch dry result.

I will be purchasing more CND colours to make sure I meet the needs of all of my clients.:)

For those us who have complained about how CND hasn't come out with their own colour gels yet

Can I just correct you about this CND do have coloured gels which I use and custom blend to the clients preference and have to say are beautiful to work with :hug:

Can I just correct you about this CND do have coloured gels which I use and custom blend to the clients preference and have to say are beautiful to work with :hug:

Thanks for pointing that out, Karen.

.... but in this case, I know that in her third paragraph, Anna was referring to a range of premixed coloured gels.

Anna is a Brisa user too and she knows about the BOLD coloured gels so I'm certain that in her post above she was referring to a premixed range of coloured gels like so many other companies have. Slip of the keyboard there. :hug:

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, I should've made that clear, I meant premixed colour gel, mainly soft gel.

I'm currently wearing Calgel number 31 ( rouge noir colour) with 'Crimson sparkle' on top and it looks delicious...!! :D

Christine, I must try the black with the Effects because I think some changes the black dramactically.. which Effects did you like best on top of the black..?

I suggest everyone who uses coloured gels and has the Effects to go and have a little play.... it's very fun..!

Don't forget CND now has Brisa in black:Love: too which I have applied as French to my stepdaughters nails.

We both love the fact she can have a different black/effect French for 15 days running if she wants too:eek:

Thanks Anna,

I'll need to give that a try!!!

Janine

X

Christine, I must try the black with the Effects because I think some changes the black dramactically.. which Effects did you like best on top of the black..?

Violet Shimmer over the Black gel is woweee!:)

I did my nails yesterday as I'm out on the town tonight and as I had a nail done in OPI Axxium gel in Lincoln Park After Dark at Olympia last week I decided to match the other 9 to it....... I enhanced as usual, polished the 9 in CND Dark Ruby and then used Copper Shimmer Effect over all 10 - bingo!!!

CND Effects are genius in a bottle IMO!

blimey i knew there was a reason i needed to come and make some time to 'update' myself on here!!!

Thanks girls !! HAVE To try this.

Violet Shimmer over the Black gel is woweee!:)

Violet shimmer will be on my list next then... thanks Christine..

blimey i knew there was a reason i needed to come and make some time to 'update' myself on here!!!

Thanks girls !! HAVE To try this.

You must try it Minkus, it's so fun and very interesting, it's amazing how the colours change with the Effects, and the best part is, if you get bored of it in a few days, you simply wipe it off and you still have your coloured gels underneath. :D

I have Black enamel on my nails at the moment with crimson sparkle effect, and it is beautiful..

Infact I love anything with crimson sparkle over the top lol...

We are going to have a 'colour effects' launch day in the salon when we have ordered our stock
I am sooo looking forward to it as I know clients will love it almost as much as we do !

Latest posts

Back