For Mobile how do you heat your towels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
Wondering last night about how I could heat towels or mitts up for clients when I am mobile and will be at their house? Is there a trick of the trade about doing this when mobile I don't know about yet? Doesn't seem right to ask a client to use their microwave or anything.

If you didnt feel right about asking to use the microwave, then I just wouldnt worry about heating them at all! I should imagine that is near impossible when you are a mobile tech!
xxx:hug:

I actually use a wheat bag heated in the microwave to keep the mitts warm when i do a luxury manicure. I have never had a client object to me using their microwave.

The only other thing to do is buy the electric heated mitts, but then you still need to use a power supply.

I would certainly ask a client to let me heat up anything in the microwave. If they are electing to have a home treatment I don't think this would be unexpected at all!!

Mind you, I would NEVER work as a mobile nail technician for all the tea in China so it won't arise for me. :lol:

I always used clients microwaves when I was mobile - nobody ever objected

I would certainly ask a client to let me heat up anything in the microwave. If they are electing to have a home treatment I don't think this would be unexpected at all!!

Mind you, I would NEVER work as a mobile nail technician for all the tea in China so it won't arise for me. :lol:

This is exactly it Geeg, they want the treatment in their home, so the least they can do is supply a little power if needed.

i dont heat towels but i use their power supply for my footspa and heated mitts and booties never had anyone object its to be expected i think and if they do object then they dont get a full service so they miss out but dont think anyone would object!

I always plug my electric blanket, wax and facial steamer in I've never asked! I also have used the microwave for melting chocolate for body treatments and they are only concerned that I understand their instructions on how to use it not that I am using it! :hug: To heat mitts I just put them in a bowl of hot water and wring them out though.

Are you sure Gigi...? there are a lot of tea in China - it could make you VERY rich...!!! :wink2::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry.. couldn't resist that one....

Just one thing, when a client books you, ask them if they have a microwave and tell them you will want to heat your towels in it for their treatment.
I once went to a lady's house and the night before her teenage son had exploded a curry in it.
She was mortified, typical me I couldn't stop laughing:smack:

Crock pots actually heat quite quickly! That's what I used. Hot, hot water on the towels before putting them in the crock, crank to high. For mitts, I'd just set them atop the crock, the heat from the crock heats them pretty nicely!

Latest posts

Back