Foundation for brides

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
Hi guys just looking for abit of guidance for foundations for brides ? At the moment i have mac studio sculpt nm20 and 30( which i have been using ) and benefits some kind a gorgeous light and the deep would that give the bride the coverage and last all day or would i be better having a dior or chanel range ? :o

Thanks any suggestions would be great ,as theres too many to chose from lol :sad:

off with HD makeup. i use Graftobian air and kryolan both come in creme and cake as well as airbrush... it stays put in all weather and looks fab on camera. xx see my photos x

I use Kryolan too. I think its fantastic. It has the best hold. I use all their products. I don't like their mascara, but eye shadow and foundations are the best. I work in Italy and they do last all day even in 40 degree weather.

sorry to jump on where can i get these, apl of mine gettng married, im bridesamaid ta in advance
xx

take a look at airbase :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sorry this if this sounds daft :o but are all the above airbrushed application ? as i havent been trained in that method :(

I can highly recommend Chanel foundations, especially the Pro Lumiere for bridal work if the client has a fairly normal skin type. The Matt Lumiere is more suited to oily skin and the Vita Lumiere is excellent for mature skin.

For clients wanting less coverage eg. like a tinted moisturizer, use either Chanel Teint Innocence or Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers.

Obviously it is alot of money to suddenly go out and purchase all these products, so build up slowly. I find Boots counters for Chanel very helpful. If you buy a couple of foundations, they are usually more than happy to give you some free samples. You can use the samples in you kit too.

Dior Extreme Wear is also very good. On myself I like to wear Estee Lauder, but would stay away from this for bridal, as it has a high titanium dioxide content which can make the faces in photography look ghostly.

Bobbi Brown foundation stick, concealer and yellow powder. Works even on a more mature skin-ALWAYS USE A PRIMER FIRST!
X

jolie, what primer do you recommend?

sorry to jump on where can i get these, apl of mine gettng married, im bridesamaid ta in advance
xx

kryolan i get from london, charles fox . it comes in hd air- panstick -creame and cake u dont need an airbrush.. u also need a white se powder also HD and looks fab on camera.. graftobian i use theatre network michael is very helpfull 01275843535 . also try ben nye corrector wheel. if u aplly a very fine layer of foundation leave 5 min cover dark circles and high light shade etc . then put foundation then powder, u wont need a primer its on 18 hrs, Also as its hd and light even the oldest shin looks fresh it dosnt stick in lines, but remember , eyeshadow matt id best on eyes that are showing aging signs :D airbrush is great look into it, i trained with airbase , fantastic but i dont use the foundation now as it has silicone . the ones i use are waterbased.. but the choice is yours airbase is a fab product that also stays put all day...

Last edited:
sorry this if this sounds daft :o but are all the above airbrushed application ? as i havent been trained in that method :(

comes in both hun x

I use Kryolan too. I think its fantastic. It has the best hold. I use all their products. I don't like their mascara, but eye shadow and foundations are the best. I work in Italy and they do last all day even in 40 degree weather.

have you tried Graftobian lipstick or the new ocd lip ink xx

Personally I use mineral for all my brides and love the results. Coverage is great and it lasts all day. I prime the skin first with Laura Mercier Mineral Primer or bare escentuals prime time.

see www.pureanadauk.co.uk

x

We use Mineral Makeup | Mineral Cosmetics • Buy Online Now At Lily Lolo in our salon for all makeup, along side Art Deco. It's absolutley fantastic, i used to swear by Dior foundations but lily lolo has stolen my heart, especially as its half the price and still a fantastic coverage.

I have heard some people say mineral foundation is no good for photos but we havn't had any complaints and we do ALOT of brides.

HTH

:hug:

xx

I use Chanel Blanc de Blanc primer, and Cozmetic Lab mineral makeup. I use their Spritz Me spray to set it and they're good for hours and hours.

Latest posts

Back