Geek Critique Required - Yes Really

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
im no expert, but the only thing i can see is, on the last picture hand down flat: is the ring finger next to little one looks a little of side.

other wise they looks as brilliant as ever.xxx

Right i'm sat here trying my hardest to pick fault/ something to crticise about, and i'm having trouble, the only thing i can see is the pinky and ring look slightly shorter, but only in the last pic so it might be the angle lol.

So lookin fab to me and i was really analysing to be constructive
Love paula xxxx

Well ... I'll go first then :0)

H O W go on just how can anyone give any constructive criticism on these beauties ... they are PERFECT - thin, lovely shape, perfect smile lines and they look extremely natural.

There you go ... I challenge anyone to say otherwise ... lol! and yes, I'm one of those that 'if in doubt - I say nowt'.

Well done - they're lovely !!

Vicky

jac extreme said:
Hi guys, following on from Jo's recent thread I am putting my latest set on myself up for honest critique, go on be truthfull I can take it:Scared: :Scared: :Scared:

Ooopps ... not first then - how SLOW is my typing tonight !!

VickyB said:
Well ... I'll go first then :0)

H O W go on just how can anyone give any constructive criticism on these beauties ... they are PERFECT - thin, lovely shape, perfect smile lines and they look extremely natural.

There you go ... I challenge anyone to say otherwise ... lol! and yes, I'm one of those that 'if in doubt - I say nowt'.

Well done - they're lovely !!

Vicky

Nice Jac very nice...........maybe a tad thick at the free edge??

Great work as always
xxxxx

i know this isnt going to sound very good but,!!!!!!!! only joking!!!!! i lurrve your nails i think they look really sleek and well balanced and if i was to have to say anything constuctive id agree with clare about the free edge, id try and get it so theres no definate thickness to bevel the edge down very thin

but otherwise they are super!!!!!

Hi Jac,

I've tried my best and agree with Clare that they are a little thick at the free edge and maybe a bit thicker on the ring finger. The index finger smile line is not as extreme as the others but that's all I can spot, hope I've helped :hug:

Beautiful as always though!!

xxxx

You do very nice work Jac.

I agree about the free edge which should be more like a crescent moon than even all the way along.

Lower arch is lovely on one side and not so graceful on the other.

Line of light has a glitch on the ring finger I think.

They are a Little long for my TASTE but nothing wrong with that if that is your taste. I think the balance would look prettier if thy were a bit shorter.

But natural I have to disagree with. These in no way look natural as I'm sure you know. They look enhanced and tell the world they are enhanced but then again, nothing wrong with that either ... it is your business and you want to get noticed.

Yo have managed to make your nails look much sleeker thanthey are and this is a great illusion. How they will last as they grow out is another matter ... yo will really have to watch the sides so as to not get a 'glitch'.

Well done.

Thanks everyone for your critique, I know what you mean about the free edge, had just taken them down a bit as they were longer (sorry Gigi) they will prob get shorter still over the next week as a file them while doing clients, cheers all will have a look at the points mentioned:biggrin:
Gigi, I do find it really hard when doing my own nails to get both lower arches nice, is there a knack when doing your own?

What's a glitch?

I agree about the free edge which should be more like a crescent moon than even all the way along.

Lower arch is lovely on one side and not so graceful on the other.

Sorry if I am being thick here, but I dont understand what you mean? where am I looking for the crescent moon? is it the shape of the free edge from the cross section ie getting thinner at the sides and thicker in the middle?

Also, with the lower arch, I cant see what I am supposed to be looking at with it being lovely on one side, not so graceful on the other? how do we control that, thought it was determined by the tips..... or are these sculpts?

Sorry, just want to know what i am aiming for too - they look lovely jac x

a glitch i think means where the line of light shows instead of being straight deviates slightly showing there a dip or hump in the overlay,and the lower arches should appear to follow the growth of a narural nail. so on pic1 the lower arch is gracefully flowing as a natural nail would grow but on pic 4 it appears to be a bit straighter and growing out at right angles from the bed
i hope thats right!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

aaahhh... I see.... but how would this be right on one side but not the other? is it that the tip has been placed wrong? I would have thought that if one side was right the other side would automatically follow? Jac, are these tips or sculpts hun? x

geeg said:

is this as shown on pic 2..? if so i have been having some problems with this...once the tip is applied and cut to required length...i start to shape and concentrate so much on taking the nails in slightly so as not to end up with hippy nails...then i notice that when i hold the nails like jac has in pic 2 i have lost some of the c-curve..hope i have explained that ok....so i want to know how to shape the nails to look sleeker with out taking my corners off and losing the nice curve to the free edge that i started with.

Jac..I love your nails and always have...i am sorry i dont have any constructive advice to give...i can see what has been mentioned but it took me a long hard look to see them...i guess this comes with experience. xxx

im not an expert either but all i could see was from the last pic was that your middle finger was longer than the others so it looks abit unbalanced and also if these are for comps i would have thought they would have to have a deeper smile line and thinner at free edge

soz chuck but you did ask

thats ok Glynis, I did ask and look at all the constructive critisism that came back, they are tips not sculpts, I think I have trouble with my lower arches more when I am working on my own hands, coz you can see one side better than the other, I also have trouble wth getting the lengths the same on myself, guess its just working from a different angle.

Anyway thanks Geeks, someone elses turn now.

I am going to go hide in a cave somewhere and nurse my bruised ego (JOKE)

Thanks for posting these photo's Jac :) reading all the different comments has been really good and very helpful, it makes you look at a nail in a different light and also helps in understanding the "technical" terms - it really has been a great help. :) xxxxxx

Learnt a lot from this thread - thanks for posting. They look great.

Just want to know what did you use on the tips - just what I'm looking for!

Thanks

Nail graphix by fiona aka natural nails, you mix it with acrylic.

Latest posts

Back