Geek Inspiration book idea!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiG

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I was looking at my international nail art books yesterday and had a bit of an idea that I would like your views on if possible please:

We all love a little bit of inspiration sometimes and I was thinking of compiling a sort of book full of geeks nail images. I was thinking of doing it as cheaply as possible, possibly put together in a binder.

It would contain just images (and any step by steps that people might want to do) and by each pic, I could put the techs details, and possibly products used.

If I was to take this idea further, who would be interested in submitting pics? The costing would obviously change, depending on the amount of interest we have, but I wouldn't be doing it to make lots of profit. I think it would be great to have loads of inspiring images to look at when we have a block (As I know I do sometimes!)

What does everyone think? Any ideas welcome!

Sam X

If you are not doing it for profit, then why not think about doing a calender like the 'Calender Girl' one for charity.

You could have say 2 images on each month, that way you can produce it every year with different techs.

I'm sure all the geeks on here would buy it.

Just another idea.:idea:

i think the calendar Girl Nails is a great idea - i'd be in ! Could do it to raise money for Cancer research in memory of Jade ?

Hey

yeah i think the book is a good idea and the calendar too. hope to see it soon
xxxx

Thanks everyone.

I think a charity calendar would be a fab idea.Why not! Our local hopsital did it last year. It's quite good that we have time to get it organised. It's a shame we haven't still got geek bay as we could sell it on there. Cancer research is a great idea. A close friend of ours is losing his battle with cancer at the moment, so it will be particularly meaningful to me. I suppose I could let everyone know when it's on sale,take out expenses (only printing) and then put it on ebaycharity sale so that way, It can go direct to cancer research without me fiddling about with money etc.

I will look into a calendar asap, costings etc. A friend of mine made one for her work, so I don't see why it can't be done.

On another note, would anyone still be interested in an inspiration book too? Was hoping to make it with as many pics as possible.

Sam X

Ok geeks....

50 photo calendars work out at about £282 from Vistaprint including postage.
Does anyone know anywhere else we could go to compare prices?

i think the calendar Girl Nails is a great idea - i'd be in ! Could do it to raise money for Cancer research in memory of Jade ?

I really like this idea

Ok geeks....

50 photo calendars work out at about £282 from Vistaprint including postage.
Does anyone know anywhere else we could go to compare prices?

Owch!!!
I would look locally to you for printers, have a chat with a few and tell them its our world wanting to support cancer charity.
In a credit crunch I think you might get quiet a good deal from smaller printing houses especially if you can get your local paper to do a feature on local businesses supporting charity in hard times.

Hey girl
it sound wild way cool
girl what a great idea,,, go for it,, your brain is alway running
what can i do to help

The idea sounds great, as long as it's not for profit and you can prove this ...... otherwise royalties or a fee should be paid to the technicians.

Contracts/agreements and limited use of the pictures would also be needed.

The calender idea is great I would be happy to contribute, what if you charged a small amount for the privilege of having your details/photo used as it would be an advertisement (or is this your intention). It would be a big commitment on your behalf though.

Latest posts

Back