Gel Nails - How to Remove?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB77

Reaction score
Hello
Wondering if anyone can help me. I have had gel nails for the past 4 months in a bid to stop biting my natural nails and I think I'm ready to have them removed now. Is there a way that I can remove them myself, dissolve them off? That would save me £20.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hello
Wondering if anyone can help me. I have had gel nails for the past 4 months in a bid to stop biting my natural nails and I think I'm ready to have them removed now. Is there a way that I can remove them myself, dissolve them off? That would save me £20.

Thanks for any help.

Do you know what brand of gel we are talking? some are file off some are soak off

Hello

Thanks for any help.

You could remove them yourself but if your not a qualified nail tech then leave it to the professional who put them on. £20 is a small price to pay when you could end up causing damage to your natural nails :)

Concidering you've done all that good work in having them on in the first place for the sake of £20 I wouldn't risk ruining your nails.

Hello

Thanks for any help.

£20, that is about $40 dollars, which seems quite a high charge for the USA - are you sure that is correct ?

Having said that, you should always get enhancements removed professionally, why risk ruining your new nails - HTH

Have them removed professionally, I took mine off myself and ruined my natural nail in the process, never again its not worth it.

Hi Hun,
I would advise professional removal of your gel nails. As you are not a qualified nail tech you could do some serious damage to what could be beautiful nails underneath.
Don't risk it, you could do so much damage that you may need more gel nails on and for a lot longer until any damage has grown out.
Would you not consider keeping up with your nail enhancements as they have stopped your nail biting habit ?
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Sorry but for the sake of £20 go and see a profesional.

I have to agree with all the above hun, why save £20, more than likely ruin your nails and have to start having gels again, which will cost you a lot more money. x

iya! i would have them removed professionallly, or you can go your local hole sales and but acidtone! otherwise yours nails will be wrecked! :green:

iya! i would have them removed professionallly, or you can go your local hole sales and buy acidtone! otherwise yours nails will be wrecked! :green:

iya! i would have them removed professionallly, or you can go your local hole sales and buy acidtone! otherwise yours nails will be wrecked! :green:

It is acetone sweetie,:hug::hug: but it is not something a non professional should be using on themselves - removal is a professional service.

I use a buff off gel and that cannot be removed by acetone. HTH

Acetone won't work on enhancements that aren't soak off and nobody, not even the thread poster, knows the products that were used.

Advising clients to get themselves acetone isn't ethical or professional.

My advice would be (£20 or no £20) to go to your technician and ask them to do a removal on your enhancements.

John, you've spent 4 months growing them and getting them all healthy, longer and stronger, don't waste that by trying to remove them yourself incorrectly and doing more damage than you had initially.

Latest posts

Back