Gel polish remover mitts? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline2013

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I've scoured the boards for an answer before posting and cannot find one so sorry if this has already been covered!

I had my first client back for removal this week and it was a disaster, i have worked this out to be due to me not putting the remover wraps on tight enough and being in a cool room (clients home and she was cold)

I have decided to purchase proper remover wraps (magi wraps) and I'd like some heated mitts, I'd like the heated ones that you put into the microwave and not electric ones, my nail harmony trainer had the CND ones with wheat pads inside but they no longer sell them (hers were from a v long time ago) any help much appreciated, I've checked amazon, boots, ellisons (ellisons do have some but it doesn't state if these are electric or not :(

Please help Geeks!! :) xx

hi I found it hard to find heated mitts but I just use a wheat bag from SuperDrug they are £3,99 I think hope this helps,

All you have to do is to google 'microwave wheat manicure mitts' ... even amazon sell them but there seems to be a variety to choose from. I have to say I am glad I do not have to use heat to remove Hellac in 10. ... Just another step which increases time and expense unnecessarily for me.

Last edited:
Also if you have a heater/radiator in your room if you keep the wheat bag on there save you having to go put it in the microwave!!

My gelcolor removal is 10 mins max once foils are on and put inside heated mitts.
If I know I have a removal in with a client I turn the mitts on. I have a lovely wee cotton set that sit inside the electric mitts so Once foils are on I take out the cotton pair put them on the clients hands then place them in the heated mitts. My clients love them it's a wee bit if luxury they find and the gelcolor slides off literally after 10 mins SS

All you have to do is to google 'microwave wheat manicure mitts' ... even amazon sell them but there seems to be a variety to choose from. I have to say I am glad I do not have to use heat to remove Hellac in 10. ... Just another step which increases time and expense unnecessarily for me.

I had a wheat bag at home anyway so no added expense there & I put the wheat bag in the microwave after the client arrives & I am making them a drink anyway so I do it at the same time so no time increase there.infact my clients like it as they feel more relaxed & say its luxury enjoying the warmth from it & I think it looks good like an extra treatment ;-)

Thank you Geeks for all of the helpful replies, I love everything about Gelish but the removal to me is as important and should be a piece of cake, if having some heat thrown in is all it takes that's ok with me! and as others have said a nice bonus for the client to be wrapped up nice and cosy for 10 :)

If you type into Google 'microwave wheat heated manicure mitts' as Geeg advised and as I had already done before seeking help on Salongeek, this (please see link below) is the only microwave wheat heated mitt on Amazon, for arthritic pain, I want a matching pair of professional looking manicure mitts with the capabilities of being heated in the microwave and not plugged in, all I can find are electric or thermal non heated mitts to use in conjunction with paraffin manicure treatments

Theramit Soothing Microwaveable Mitt for Arthritic Hand Pain Relief:Amazon:Health & Beauty

I think I am going to have to consider a wheat bag or electric mitts but thought I'd try asking you lovely Geeks before purchasing :)

xx Caroline xx

Thank you Beauty_Mai :)

Those are the exact ones CND used to supply I believe, i have ordered some small hand warner wheat bags from a differnt website that I found for a lot less money so will see how they compare and maybe buy 2 of the Wheateeze ones in the future :) thanks again x

Sorry, Beauty-Mai I meant :) x

I am sure I saw some in either Avon or Kleeneze a little while back. Maybe they still have them? x

If anyone is handy with a needle, you can make one with a CND towel filled with cherry stones.
Will post pics later. Looks good and then everything is CND.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Thanks again for everybody's advice on this, as a newbie I did want to just follow this one up that I have now realised that I was in face applying my Gelish foundation to thickly (one very subtly loaded brush for 5 fingers) I'm now applying one per 10 and remembering to dry brush! :o lol

My removal is a total success, falls of the nail :) I'm still glad to have bought my heated wheat bags as I feel they add a little extra to my removal treatment

x Caroline x

*fact not face!

Thanks again for everybody's advice on this, as a newbie I did want to just follow this one up that I have now realised that I was in face applying my Gelish foundation to thickly (one very subtly loaded brush for 5 fingers) I'm now applying one per 10 and remembering to dry brush! :o lol

My removal is a total success, falls of the nail :) I'm still glad to have bought my heated wheat bags as I feel they add a little extra to my removal treatment

x Caroline x

Thats interesting i didn't know too much foundation made removal harder.

So your loading your brush up for 10 nails, rather than going back and forth from the bottle?

Thats interesting i didn't know too much foundation made removal harder.

So your loading your brush up for 10 nails, rather than going back and forth from the bottle?

yes just in once for all 10 (I used to dip once for each hand not each finger) I may be wrong but it seems to be the common factor that's making the Gelish come off easier :) x

Latest posts

Back