Gel Toes experts!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyUK

Reaction score
Hi, I know there are tonnes of posts about this but wanted some other opinions please. Which gel do you prefer/recommend for toes and why.. Brisa, Lcn, Ibd, Gel It, Calgel or Bio? Am interested in replies re colours as well as french. Look forward to your replies :)

Hi, I know there are tonnes of posts about this but wanted some other opinions please. Which gel do you prefer/recommend for toes and why.. Brisa, Bio, Calgel or Gel It? look forward to your replies :)

I am no expert but I have had favorable results using Brisa gel. Very easy to apply and wears well.

I currently use Brisa for French overlays on toes and have been happy with it.

Brisa is the only gel I use at the moment and the only gel I have experience of so I can't really compare it yet to other gels.

I haven't used Calgel on toes yet, but on nails it is fantastic the coloured gel stays put, doesn't chip or crack not even when you do housework without gloves naughty I know but I have to test its wearability don't I.

Joan

Think you will find that all of them will do a great job on toe overlays, its down to personal preference and to which system you are using! :hug:

I use Bio Sculpture which is easy to apply, looks lovely and lasts for ages, but i agree with Theresa here in that it's all down to personal preference.

I have used Brisa, Akzentz and Bio....i found all 3 easy enough to do, however i did find that Bio tended to discolour after a while and that Brisa and Akzentz stayed bright and crisp looking for longer. x

I use Bio Sculpture which is easy to apply, looks lovely and lasts for ages, but i agree with Theresa here in that it's all down to personal preference.

I agree with Noodle - Bio Sculpture looks fab on toes as well as nails!!

I too adore Bio Sculpture for toe overlays. You can embed crystals and nail art easily and looks fab. I have had a few problems with pale or bright pinks fading in mediterranean sun but no other colours, so I am careful to steer clients away from these if they are going away. French seems to be fine. These pinks are fine in the UK. Has anyone else had this happen?

Juliette xxx

I use Brisa on toes, it's fab... for colours I use Light Elegance :D

I have used Akzents gel, which i found didn't last as long as others, i have used Pronails gels, NSI gels, but prefer my EZ Flow Gel It gels.

It is down to personal preference as everyone can work differently as to how it is applied. Grab somes techie friends and have a go with theirs, that way you can try it briefly, then decide.

Good excuse to get together and play with nail stuff.

I have used Brisa, Akzents, IBD and Calgel. Prefer Brisa for keeping the colour for french, but Calgel for the colours.

I use NSI Balance gel and Akzentz coloured gels.

I find both are absolutely fine - however they are the only gels I have used so I have nothing to compare with.

excellent, thanks for your replies :)

Brisa for gel toes for me, Paint on White is so easy to use.

I use brisa and nsi balance. Instead of using a brush for the white I use a dotting tool as i find i can get a thinner more precise smile on toes by using this. Just a tip that helps me.

Bio on toes for me...tried others but always come back to it....great range of colours and french is sooo quick and easy and lasts ages. Nice and easy to embed a bit of sparkle into as well!

Bio colour on the toes just lasts and lasts. Its amazing. Its so economical from a clients point of view as they can get in done in June and its still looking good by about Aug.

Latest posts

Back